Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2017, 11:35 PM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS: Los Angeles - "Old Tricks" (8.16) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Mar 5th @ 8:00PM)

NCIS: Los Angeles 8.16 - "Old Tricks"
Original Airdate: March 5, 2017 @ 8:00PM

Episode Summary
After a retirement home resident is kidnapped, the NCIS team uncover a
pair of con artists: Ginger and Edward O'Boyle, who hop from home to home
scamming the elderly out of their money. Meanwhile, Callen confronts his
father on his illegal activity and the danger it places on their family.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread!
Old 03-07-2017, 01:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoyed this episode very much!!

For Callen this episode was a emotional rollercoaster first he fight with his father and then they had a happy ending at his half sister house I am happy knowing Callen has a family now finally after so many years!!

It was great to see Kensi finally return to the field full-time and the scenes with Deeks at the retirement home were really funny.

Sam and Dechamps were an excellent team and they had fun banter while working the case together.

Eric and Nell's final scene was devastating but I'm glad the writers aren't ignoring the trauma the team has gone through. Was nice to see Nate again the team will need him after what they went through this year.

Having Martin Mull and Debra Jo Rupp was a wonderful gift and their interactions alone and with Densi were the comic relief needed after all the angst and tension they all had.

Lovely tribute for Miguel Ferrer with "Knocking on Heaven's Door" in the background. I cried watching that last scene he will be missed.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:05 AM
Graphics Team Manager

This was his goodbye/tribute episode? I thought that was last week. I look forward to getting to see that part, even if its really sad
Quote:
For Callen this episode was a emotional rollercoaster first he fight with his father and then they had a happy ending at his half sister house I am happy knowing Callen has a family now finally after so many years!!
I'm glad he's got a family now too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-07-2017, 07:11 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quite enjoyed this episode.

All the Kensi scenes stood out. First her session with Nate and being adamant that she was ready to be back to work, then at the retirement home and with Deeks.

Can't say I'm a big fan of Dechamps, but she and Sam certainly worked well together.

Nice to see Callen and his dad getting to know his sister & nephew.

Lovely tribute to Miguel at the end, although I was surprised that they had the character leave the hospital and not die from his injuries.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Haven't watched this episode, yet. Sounds like an he tribute was lovely.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Pretty good episode!

Agreed with everything you siad Immunity. Nothing more to add really.

I really liked that they had Callen and his father finally go talk to his half sister.

Loved the tribute to Miguel as well. It was so sad too. I liked how they sent him off even though I wish we could have seen him one last time. I really grew to like the character over the years

I feel like there is something else I am missing, but can't think of it at the moment
Old 03-09-2017, 06:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

@Steph: Yeah. I was really confused about the Granger character. It seems he teetered between a gray character and an ok character. But over the years, he proved it was mostly for show and he was fiercely protective of the team. I remember an episode where Sam was arrested for some woman's murder ... oh it was the one about the pretend seal... and he for sure had Sam's back. Loved the scene with him and Callen at that diner/bar...whatever that was.

I did like the send off. They didn't show him passing, which would have been intensely tacky but they gave him a Granger exist... he left on his own terms. I appreciated that.

Now I'm looking forward to what the AJ Chegwidden character brings to the cast/show

And, yes, I'm thrilled Callen has family now. It's about time.
Toni Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:22 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I think I'm ready for this

Funny how Callen goes to call for an ambulance then realies that they're in one

I don't know if anyone knows but why do the different 'teams/pairings' have different desks? Callen & Kensi + Sam & Deeks share but normally its Callen & Sam paired together & Deeks & Kensi together

Nice to see that Kensi is back now

Did Hetty just call Joelle a bitch or a witch? *goes back & puts on subtitles* she did say bitch not that I don't agree with the word but surprises me

"he'd been very quite, I thought he might have suffocated" what? that was said way too calmly & careless

I think that Callen's father is quite protective of at least one of his children there

Eric acting weird but calling Nate weird

Eddie is funny (also the actor played the principal in Sabrina the Teenage Witch which is also amusing me - & Ginger was annoying me as she seemed familiar so looked her up & she was in Friends & played the woman who married Phoebe's half brother)

I'm glad that Nell & Eric had the scene talking about everything they've gone through & how they're both getting help. Very important to show I think & them appearing to support each other too

Nice little send off for Granger, fitting but sad (& no I wasn't fully ready for this)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread