Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2022, 05:24 PM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS: Los Angeles - "Let It Burn" (14.08) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Nov 27th @ 10PM ET/PT)

NCIS: Los Angeles 14.08 - "Let It Burn"
Original Airdate: November 27, 2022 @ 10:00PM ET / PT

x

Episode Summary
NCIS investigates an arson attack at Global West Ventures Corp, a naval
defense contractor. Also, Rountree connects with an ex and Kilbride gives
Callen files on Pembrook.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 09:48 PM
Extreme Fan

I still, can't stand the Admiral and I still think he knows more about what Hetty's doing overseas then he's letting on, BUT. A few of those things he said at the end, "the greater good", "it was always done in the service of this country" , "to keep the rest of us safe" , "keeps people safe everyday" ,I'll give him points for those because they're true. (could any of this also be possible code for a future peaceful resolution to this whole mess?)

Other then that, I thought it was useless to bring that creep up again considering I doubt G is gonna go looking for him anytime soon since he's looking for Hetty. (and also, does anyone really think that 'photo' of Hetty with that creep is even real, or was it recently made as part of a frame up?)

Last edited by Ladybird16; 11-28-2022 at 09:51 PM
Ladybird16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 10:34 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Who was the person in the photo with her? Is it the guy from Callen's memory of his childhood?

Yet another missing Kensi episode. But at least we got a reason why. I feel like we're going to use up all her absences early on

Nice that Deeks in the end decided he needed to put being a parent first. Not going on a trip.

Interesting to get some backstory on Roundtree but I feel like it felt a bit flat & didn't go anywhere? Maybe she'll come back later?

I loved Killbride's talk with Callen in the end. Seems to me he understands that Callen needs to do this so has found what he could to support that, not that he has been covering things up

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-28-2022, 11:12 PM
Extreme Fan

It was Pembrooke, the one who abused him and Katya
Old 11-28-2022, 11:49 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That's who I thought
I thought it was already established that Hetty worked with him & didn't realise what damage it did & how bad it really was?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-29-2022, 01:43 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't know, maybe?
This whole thing should never have popped up 2 Seasons ago. Not only does it completely contradict the 'in and out of foster homes until he was 15' fact, but it makes Hetty look like some evil person who never cared about Callen's well being. (not to mention, all of this new 'info' keeps showing up when she hasn't been able to defend herself, so we're only getting 1 side of all this!) I'm sick of the smearing, I'm sick of having zero idea of what she's really doing overseas, I'm sick of all the stinking rewrites, I'm tired of her office always being empty, and I'm beyond fed up with this stupid rift!!

There's only 1 big Christmas wish I have, and that's to hear once and for all when she's coming back!!
Old 11-29-2022, 02:02 AM
Graphics Team Manager

See I understood it as while he was in & out of foster care, Hetty still kept an eye on him. He could've still been going to see someone & been in & out of care. Or it could've just been during a period of time while he was at one home. I think of it more as expanding upon his memory of his childhood than changing the storyline. Things he blocked out but is now remembering

Hetty is just being Hetty. She always has been. She's done lots of different things, including things which may have come from a good place but turned out badly. She's only human. Callen just needs to remember that. But he can't while he can't talk with her. Even going back to Mother, she had lots of children. Some she protected & looked after better than others.She also blamed herself in that episode for how one of her children turned out. That I think was a start of her questioning her actions in the past towards her children, including Callen, at least for the audience. Unfortunately they've had to drag out the storyline because they've had to keep Linda safe. I can't fault them for trying to protect Linda from getting sick or worse even if it is dragging out this storyline too much. Unfortunately the more they drag it out, the more they explore in the murky waters which make Hetty look bad since we're only hearing the one side. Unlike at the end of Mother where Callen & Hetty could talk to each other. Where he could tell her she hadn't failed him or the team, & she expressed her worries that she already has failed them & the pennies haven't dropped yet. Well here we are with the pennies falling all around them but without her to help piece things back together we're stuck lost waiting to find the bridge out of there. Of course the more this drags on the more it contradicts that conversation between them. But again I still won't fault them in keeping Linda safe

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-29-2022, 02:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the kind words. . Feels nice to have someone else's understanding.

Hetty's always been Hetty, I agree. Far from perfect, but she always tries to do her best to care for those she loves, even if it's a bit unusual or difficult to understand.

I loved that talk in Mother too. (even if it's now a sad reminder of all the potential Season 11 wasted in its' 2nd half).
Old 11-29-2022, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My problem is that Callen's past is so drawn out, that I forget most of the particulars. And I have never found LA to be as a endless watcable as the original series, which I can watch the episodes endlessly, and so I know its history.

They should have solved Callen's mystery past years ago.

I can see why it's keeps him going. Needing answers. Getting it from Hetty once and for all. But Hetty on the other hand is very important to him. So, it's hard for him.

Nice talk at the end with Kilbride and Callen.

I do think Kilbride does know more than he says. He's risen too far up not to know more than he says.

2 back to back with no Kenzie. Rountree free episode is coming.

So, yeah, they are attempting to get some of the episodes done early.

Fatima was having fun listening in on Roundtree's love life LOL.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread