Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2022, 05:04 PM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS: Los Angeles - "Glory of the Seas" (14.06) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Nov 13th @ 10PM ET/PT)

NCIS: Los Angeles 14.06 - "Glory of the Seas"
Original Airdate: November 13, 2022 @ 10PM ET / PT

x

Episode Summary
NCIS is called to investigate after Rear Admiral Ted Gordon is abducted from his
home. Also, Kensi struggles with being the fun parent while Deeks is apartment
hunting with his mom.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Hm another episode with Mama Deeks?

Or it means that Deeks will not appear in the episode at all ?

Anyways, it sounds like an interesting episode...
Old 11-15-2022, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Loved Sam and Callen talking wedding planning. Although annoyed yet again, missing character which is very noticible by now.

Some quality moments between Sam and Callen. I have missed them so far this season. Something has to happen with Sam's father. It's getting tiring, the fact he cannot seem to find the solution. I know it will be a easy way to explain Sam's lack of being around. But by now, it should have been solved.

Even if his father is hardheaded.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 02:02 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Why does there have to be a fun parent? Also Kensi's list sounded good to me. A lot if it is just one day though. How does Fatima know Rosa wouldn't like those things?

Hetty coming out of hiding to kill Callen for messing with the wardrobe suits could be interesting way to bring her back

The message in the ship is new/different... as is the treasure hunt it led to...

Why does Sam explain to Callen to be careful on the island when Kilbride already told them that?

Sam & Callen were wonderful together in this ep

No surprise the guy stayed to keep looking for the treasure. Nice that he found it

At least we had an explanation for the missing character. But seems strange that Deeks is in the episode description but not the episode

Quote:
Something has to happen with Sam's father. It's getting tiring, the fact he cannot seem to find the solution. I know it will be a easy way to explain Sam's lack of being around. But by now, it should have been solved.
Given Raymond has Alzheimer's disease I highly doubt it is something that will go away. More likely it will only get worse. I don't really get why it is so hard to find someone to support & care for him though. Other than he just doesn't want someone but that shouldn't be an excuse

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-16-2022, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There probably does not have to be a fun parent. Although I can see Kenzie worried given Deeks is mostly so laid back. Of course, we all react to things how we would like them so Fatima really does not know. But to her, they don't seem the most exciting activities.

I know Sam's father's sickness is not going to go away. But it's become a recurring part of the storyline where there is no health care worker who can help given how his father is running them off...

I am sure it part that Sam's father is coming from a different kind of background. Does want to admit someone needs to help. But I wish they could find someone who will stick more than a episode.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
At least we had an explanation for the missing character. But seems strange that Deeks is in the episode description but not the episode
I guess, I was right with thinking that Deeks would be absent then...

It sounds like that they keep using Raymond as an excuse to justify Sam's constant absence... But hopefully, there will be some advancement... Also, I'm wondering whether Sam still has his girlfriend...
Old 11-16-2022, 12:31 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I know what they were trying to say with the fun parent storyline, I just don't like how Fatima pushed that there could only be one & made Kensi feel worse about her plans. While also making presumptions about the choices. At least at the end she was for keeping the choices but turning it into a game

I disagree personally. All we get is updates in the episode to say how things are going. To me the intend it to be funny that Sam can't find someone & Raymond keeps scaring them off basically. Yes it may also be there to help provide a reason for Sam to disappear & LL to cut back his time but I don't feel like they are doing that constantly. This episode it was only mentioned start & finished & we didn't even see Raymond unlike in the past. Felt to me like they were getting in a nice routine of checking in & updating each other on their lives (Sam about is father, Callen about his wedding plans) in their special bickering way

Have you been around someone who has Alzheimer's? The disease is awful. It strip's away memory but also parts of who someone is & turns them into someone else. They also can lash out at their primary caregiver. Raymond is only at the start so who he is is probably still there, but it could also be that at times the disease is making him even more stubborn. From my experience (& I have it on both sides of my family) you can't reason with them, they are right & you are wrong. I really can't fault then on it being hard, but every episode seems a bit much. Plus there should be people out there who know what to expect with Alzheimers

Yes you were right Hanna about Deeks' absence

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread