Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2022, 08:40 PM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS: Los Angeles - "Flesh & Blood" (14.05) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Nov 6th @ 10:30PM ET/PT)

NCIS: Los Angeles 14.05 - "Flesh & Blood"
Original Airdate: November 6, 2022 @ 10:30PM ET / PT

x

Episode Summary
NCIS is called to investigate when a woman is seen fleeing the scene of her husband's
murder. Also, Roberta Deeks comes into town to meet Rosa, and Sam looks for
another aide for his father.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 08:41 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Dani directed this episode which could explain why Kensi wasn't in the previous one. Doesn't explain ECO/Deeks being missing though. I'm guessing we'll have all four of them in this episode as Deeks & Kensi are in the episode stills, Sam is mentioned in the episode description, & then Anna is listed as appearing in the episode too so I presume that means she'll have a scene with Callen.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-06-2022, 10:35 PM
Extreme Fan

I knew the scene was coming for about 2 months now because it was the last thing that was teased in the Returning Favorites issue of TV Guide, but hearing Callen say that he didn't want to have his wedding without Hetty was even sweeter then I imagined it to be!

He really does care about her, to the point where he literally sent someone to keep an eye on her immediately after she left again! And it's really time to secretly start looking for her, because she's tricky to track down.
Ladybird16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

That's nice of Callen - I knew that he would reach the point, where he can forgive Hetty...

I'm still half-season behind, but this sounds like a good episode... Chelle, thanks for the thread
Old 11-08-2022, 02:13 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Really Callen denying Anna bagels sounds hazardous to your life

Mama Deeks torturing her son with tmi as always

Mixing up who works with who a little in this. Roundtree & Deeks are fun together. I presume Dani wanted out so she could focus more on directing which is why Kensi went to be there with Roberta

Deeks' story & connecting it worked but sad still

Always helpful when security cameras are just pixels not faces

Fast thinking & running from Roundtree. Good thing he figured out what the bad guy was going to do

Nice talk between Deeks & his mum

Callen bringing bagels sweet gesture. Understandable he wants Hetty though & nice he has finally told her what he is feeling

For anyone keeping track - Fatima was MIA in this episode

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-09-2022, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Apparently the actress who plays Kenzie admitted there is episode count on I think almost everyone. Each will miss four episodes during the course of the season.

But she directed this episode, which accounts for Kenzie dealing family business. And probably used last episode to prep for this episode. But it was fun to see her dealing with both Deek's mother, and Rosa. Who is really adjusting to her new freedom.

Callen still cares for Hetty. He wants to know why, and figure out the truth. And I hopefully we finally get it.

Interesting episode, looking at Deek's personal history. Could sense what was going on with the wife.

Finally scenes between Callan and Sam. Nice to see.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 12:12 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah that's what I've been saying. I've heard that too, although not the full four episodes. That's quite a lot. I guess we'll have someone missing in every episode then. Daniela makes sense & I was saying when I opened this thread that Kensi was probably missing last week because Daniela was preparing for the directing. It doesn't explain ECO's absence though. What gets me is that they're not saying anything about it - it is like we're not meant to notice that Character X isn't there. It takes five seconds to explain it. But it might be hard to come up with a reason for four episodes per character...

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-10-2022, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Seems by now. They would be better at explaining. They have mostly explaining Sam and Callen's absences. Sam in dealing with his father, which is why they probably introduced his father after years of not going near his family except for a few appearances from his children. Once his wife died.

And Callen has gone on mysterious trips. Or been with Anna.

But the lack of mentioning where Kenzie and Deeks last episode, and why Fatima was not in the office dealing with this case. Weird.

It more noticable with the main four. Seems weird. Probably a cutting cause move for their contracts.

With Rosa. You would have a better explaination if Kenzie and/or Deeks go missing. But they are not explaining it.
Old 11-10-2022, 01:03 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Exactly

Given Kenzi & Deeks have Rosa now it would work the same as Sam with his father. Easy to throw in a line to say they are with her.

Fatima could have been said to be with family or anything really... just give us something

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-10-2022, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

It's weird that cast members are popping in/popping out... but if they can only be in 18-20 episodes per season (can't recall the full season episode count... 22 or 24 ? ), at least they should provide us with good reasons...
Old 11-10-2022, 06:10 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I think someone will be missing in every episode just about so they probably struggle to come up with 22-24 reasons. But still would be nice for them to try

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-11-2022, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can almost see it with Roundtree or Fatima. Although you would expect that because Fatima works the command center also. She would be there. And if she was not, you would get a explanation. Roundtree has always come and go.

But the main four. I would think they would need to explain a little more. Although there was a little explaination for maybe if Kenzie goes missing. She has been asked by Kilbride to take more personal time. Which for this case, why she was close to home.

It's just bizarre. Because it just means odd teams sometimes. Even Kilbride's assistant has gone on field cases with the team.
Old 11-11-2022, 04:46 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I feel like they introduced that character to fill in each time they don't have one of the mains available

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-12-2022, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's odd. And I know they lost Nell and Eric. So, they needed to give the show newer characters. But it does appear as if they are being used to compensate if one of the main four is not available.

I would think by now, they would be better at it. And schedule it better.
Old 11-12-2022, 12:17 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I don't mind thr fresh characters, but I don't like the fact that they come & go with little explanation, and almost no background provided...

I mean Kilbride's assistant seems like a decent character, but she shouldn't be on the field or filling in for Fatima if she's "out of office"... And we don't really know much of her, other than her sometimes stepping in, when someone is missing from the team...

I would prefer to have less of the main 4, with better explanations on why they are absent, while we get more episodes focused on the new characters...

Last edited by florerr; 11-13-2022 at 03:22 AM
florerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread