Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2014, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

NCIS - "Honor Thy Father" (11.24) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs May 13th @ 8PM) ::SEASON FINALE::

NCIS 11.24 - "Honor Thy Father"
Original Airdate: May 13, 2014 @ 8PM

Episode Summary
Season 11 ends with the NCIS team investigating a fire on a Navy ship that served as a secret detention site for indicted terrorists.
The probe focuses on whether the blaze was accidental or an intentional diversion for an escape.
Meanwhile, Gibbs visits his childhood home following news of his father's passing.
Source
Old 05-11-2014, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread.
this is going to be a really sad episode again, but i like it that they are payting tribute to ralph waite. he was a good guy.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome!

Agreed!
Old 05-13-2014, 05:16 AM
New Fan

Don't know if I will be up to watching this finale quite yet.. my town had a HORRIFIC incident Fri nite/Sat. morn... Car Crash.. Ended up with 5 teens dying and 2 adults in serious condition.. kids.. a 14 y.o. , a 15 y.o. 2 17 yos. and an 18 y.o. Rumors of Drag Racing.. but in the end, does it matter? They are dead, their parents, siblings, families are grieving, the WHOLE TOWN is grieving.

My son.. 18 was friends with the 15 yo and GOOD GOOD FRIENDS with one of the 17 yos and saw both of the less then an hour before the crash and right now, I am thanking GOD he was not racing with them! (I have been having problems with him) He is in an extreme depressed mood.. and did not come home last night.. didn't drive thankfully(someone drove his car back home).

Families are having trouble with funeral costs, my son's friend-from a single household. Mother can't afford it.. and he lived until Sunday nite.. hopefully funds will be raised..

NO ONE should bury their children ... sorry for the long 'rant' .. been crying this morning... I am from long island.. town of Farmingdale.. PLEASE KISS YOUR KIDS.. DRIVE SAFELY.. I have to go out and find where my son is hiding out...
luna70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is horrible luna! So sorry for you, your son's and the towns loss. That is so so sad what happened. I hope you were able to find your son and help him get through this sad time.

On to my thoughts on the episode...

Good episode.

Loved the flashbacks of young Gibbs with his dad and mom and then some of the newer ones they mixed in throughout the episode.

It was sad seeing Gibbs trying not to let his dad's death affect him but it really was. I liked Vance demanding him take the time off because he knew that's what he needed.

Nice that Gibbs left the store to Cal. I had a feeling he would.

Wasn't expecting Riviera trying to get revenge on Gibbs! Kinda liked that they brought that back and finished that off though. And Gibbs almost getting killed in his basement.. wow. Then again at the store. That was a real close call. You can't get Gibbs!

Loved how we finally found out about the boats that Gibbs builds! Really liked the reasoning of why. Half of the mystery is solved! Now we just need to know how he gets them out of the basement

They did a great job writing out Jackson in this episode. So glad that they ended up doing something for him. Liked that everyone was at the funeral.
The picture at the end of the episode with Ralph and Mark. Gonna miss papa Gibbs.

Lastly, So glad they didn't do a cliffhanger this season. It was a nice change.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:56 PM
New Fan

Thanks Maple.. he wandered back in yesterday.. not good though.. couldn't get him to his regular therapist.. (I am REALLY upset about that!).. Today, RIGHT NOW.. is the WAKE for his GOOD GOOD FRIEND.. so..

I TOO, like the beginning.. ESPECIALLY when Leon called TONY out for trying to call Gibbs a few hours after he left.. 'BUT BUT.. he doesn't like being left out of the.. ' (The writers really took a step back with that.. instead of a man in his 40's... we had Tony, the probie). and of course.. Abby did the same thing.. but then again.. Abby has been DE Maturing the last few years.. driving me crazy.. (dressing her younger and younger.. acting more and more immature is NOT going to make viewers think she is not in her late 30s -character, 40s in real life-Some Hollywood people DON'T GET IT! doing crap like this MAKES PEOPLE LOOK OLDER!)..

I FELT BAD.. with a wisp of angry .. when Gibbs got angry at Vance for issuing the 'NO CALLS' rule. Before I got married, I had, too, ABSOLUTELY no relatives, so, been there, done that, got the T-Shirt.. so, I realize, in TV LIFE.. NCIS is ALL that Leroy jethro GIBBS has.. BUT, to jump all over Vance AND say to Vance 'you had your family'(2 kids) to take care of and COMPARING 1 LESS than 1 day w/o calls to 6 weeks off is IRRATIONAL at the very least!

I did like the interaction between Gibbs and the black guy who worked for JACKSON(and called the ambulance) .. giving him the store (only in a small town could this happen!) and encouraging him.. that HE COULD HANDLE IT.. was touching.. sweet!
luna70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good he came back. But sorry you couldn't get him to his regular therapist. Hope you are able to soon.

Interesting thoughts. Never thought of some of the things you mentioned.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)

Good episode.

Loved the flashbacks of young Gibbs with his dad and mom and then some of the newer ones they mixed in throughout the episode.

It was sad seeing Gibbs trying not to let his dad's death affect him but it really was. I liked Vance demanding him take the time off because he knew that's what he needed.

Nice that Gibbs left the store to Cal.

Wasn't expecting Riviera trying to get revenge on Gibbs! Kinda liked that they brought that back and finished that off though. And Gibbs almost getting killed in his basement.. wow. Then again at the store. That was a real close call. You can't get Gibbs!

Loved how we finally found out about the boats that Gibbs builds! Really liked the reasoning of why. Half of the mystery is solved! Now we just need to know how he gets them out of the basement

They did a great job writing out Jackson in this episode. So glad that they ended up doing something for him. Liked that everyone was at the funeral.
The picture at the end of the episode with Ralph and Mark. Gonna miss papa Gibbs.

Lastly, So glad they didn't do a cliffhanger this season. It was a nice change.
agreed with all of it andn liked:

-tony (after not taking gibbs' call): "i can feel gibbs looking at me through the phone."
- riviera boiling with rage - he deserves nothing else.
- how gibbs killed that man in the garage.

think we get to see a new (boat)project in gibbs' basment next season.

gibbs as a boy looks a lot like mark harmon's son. does he already have a grandson? (i know that the son who played gibbs as a young man didn't have children at the time) the name is micah owens. doesn't tell me anything. does anyone know?

i will miss papa gibbs too.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yeah. Forgot about Tony saying that he felt Gibbs looking at him through the phone
And agreed with the others you said as well

Exactly what I was thinking about a new boat project

No idea if he has a grandkid or not. The casting just may have done a really good job at casting the kid for the part
Old 07-01-2014, 03:45 AM
Graphics Team Manager

this episode aired here last week, only now finally able to post about it

Wasn't expecting them to go back to Alejandro Rivera or that storyline, but it was a nice twist too. I thought that storyline was in the past but in a way that will ALWAYS haunt Gibbs & he can't run from it. Having the son of the man who took two of the most important people to Gibbs away from him trying to hurt Gibbs just after Gibbs lost the only family he had left also felt like a perfect match

I too loved the way they did the flashbacks. It was really nicely don & worked in. The episode as a whole was a good send off to Ralph & Jackson

Was not surprised about Gibbs giving the store to the one who'd been working there but was glad he did

Throughout the episode I kept wondering if the original LJ would show up & so glad they brought him back as he really should have been there for the funeral & would have been strange if he wasn't there. Was a shame we could have Ziva there too but it does make sense as she'd presumably have had to fly there & that would have taken time. They could have at least made a mention that Ziva sent Gibbs a message or called him & to show that the character cares about Gibbs

New boat project . Loved that & finding out about his first boat - & presumably why he named other ones they things he named them, ect. (never thought of that until reading your post though Steph). Looks like he is going to make one for his father which is nice, hope we get to see him working on it

Is it wrong that a part of me is sad that there was no cliffhanger? I feel strange not having one or wondering what happened & impatiently waiting for next season to know what happens next. Yet it is a nice change & nice to not feel like that too

Quote:
I FELT BAD.. with a wisp of angry .. when Gibbs got angry at Vance for issuing the 'NO CALLS' rule. BUT, to jump all over Vance AND say to Vance 'you had your family'(2 kids) to take care of and COMPARING 1 LESS than 1 day w/o calls to 6 weeks off is IRRATIONAL at the very least!
I disagree with this. When you lose someone you can become irrational & the job & the team is all Gibbs has left now, plus in the end he was involved in the case - & the target - so he should have been informed when you look at it that way. Vance was in the right, & Gibbs was irrational, but I think it made sense for the character. Gibbs wouldn't have been thinking straight, & after all he has lost he probably just wanted to bury himself in the only thing he had left - work. Unlike Vance, who had his children, he now has nothing but the job

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:25 AM
Passionate Fan

It was a touching Tribute to Ralph

I'm Megan!
Megz1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad you finally got to watch the episode Chelle!

I had to go back and read my post to what you referring about the boats.

No, not wrong to be sad no cliffhanger. It's to be expected that we get a cliffhanger usually. It was kind of nice we didn't have one for a change.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:04 AM
Graphics Team Manager

well it has been a while since you wrote it so that's understandable

Is this the first time we haven't had a cliff hanger?
S10 was them leaving & Gibbs appearing to shoot Fornell
S9 was the explosion & Ducky's heart attack
S8 was trying to guess who was in the file
S7 was Gibbs being hunted down by Alejandro & his sister / his past (which is why I was surprised it was brought up again since it has been so long)
S6 was Ziva taken prisoner
S5 was the team being split up
S4 was Tony meeting La Grenouille & us finding out he is Jeanne's father
S3 was Gibbs quitting
S2 was Kate's death
S1 I can't remember if had one or not

Looking at them some of them were nothing compared to others we had. Like S3 & 4 compared with S10

I was just thinking I wonder if Ziva was still in it how she would react to Gibbs' father passing since she had only just gone through losing a father herself. Would she have had a scene where she talks to (or at least tries to) Gibbs about how he is feeling? Or be more worried about how Gibbs is than the others (minus Abby who would always be the most worried)? Things like that... it makes me wish they said Ziva called him even more thinking this though

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It seems like it was the first episode. I went back in the thread guide and ending for season one is described as this:

123. Reveille
Gibbs' determination to track down the terrorist from 'Bete Noire' becomes an obsession that concerns his entire team.

But agreed how different some of them were compared to others.

That's a good question about Ziva. I had wondered that too. It would have been nice to find out.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

This all just makes me that much more bummed that the writers seem to have been acting lately like Ziva never existed. There were so many chances for her to at least be mentioned. I mean, seriously...she may be on a soul finding mission, for lack of better terms, at the moment but surely she could have at least been mentioned. Although, I guess it makes sense in a way because didn't Ziva cut all ties with NCIS and everyone...even though, I highly doubt after so many years she would be able to do such a thing so easily. But, I'm sort of getting a little off topic or at least heading there so I'll leave it at that.

{taek su mi sun}
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread