Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2022, 05:04 PM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS: Hawai'i - "Vanishing Act" (2.07) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Nov 14th @ 10PM)

NCIS: Hawai'i 2.07 - "Vanishing Act"
Original Airdate: November 14, 2022 @ 10PM

x

Episode Summary
When the mother of a young boy goes missing, the NCIS team sets out to find her
and learns they aren't the only ones searching for her.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 04:17 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the tread.

Sounds interesting and like there is something more going on.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What was with the big shocker with Lucy? Will she back be back sooner than the show indicates?

ON NCIS, Tony's assignment was two years. Of course, it got trucated. But I would not think that would be such a short assignment?

And I did not think said assignment was good for one's career. On NCIS, it was punishment for Tony on Vance's part.

For someone who was on the run. Getting into a elevator when your dog starts to go insane is not a wise move!

Interesting episode. Curious where this goes with Lucy.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 03:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
And I did not think said assignment was good for one's career. On NCIS, it was punishment for Tony on Vance's part.

For someone who was on the run. Getting into a elevator when your dog starts to go insane is not a wise move!
Yes, it was punishment for Tony, but not every agent afloat is on that position as a punishment. I think it could be helpful for her personality.

Agree with the elevator scene. I thought 'why don't you react to your dog?' Dogs are usually the first who catch the "bad vibes"

Think it was a good episode. Liked how they handled the kid.
Old 11-19-2022, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know people don't see it as punishment, and it might help her. Given her fear of water. To be on a ship probably will help. Although it is a weird one for her. But it is a weird story to do now. In the middle of the season. When we know she is likely to be back before too long. And I did not think those assignments are that short. Even if it a replacement position.

I guess we shall see.

I know they wanted to surprise us with how the case progressed but seemed odd that someone who was running did not seem at all weirded out. And did not seem put off when their dog started to react.

Interesting episode though.
Old 11-19-2022, 10:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
I know people don't see it as punishment, and it might help her. Given her fear of water. To be on a ship probably will help. Although it is a weird one for her. But it is a weird story to do now. In the middle of the season. When we know she is likely to be back before too long. And I did not think those assignments are that short. Even if it a replacement position.

I guess we shall see.

I know they wanted to surprise us with how the case progressed but seemed odd that someone who was running did not seem at all weirded out. And did not seem put off when their dog started to react.

Interesting episode though.
Agree with that too
Old 11-19-2022, 04:14 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I haven't watched the ep yet but it seems weird to me to write someone out when it has just been announced & shown that she's in the crossover episodes. So she's gone November but back January? Doesn't seem to add up

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-19-2022, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And it's not like it's like the original NCIS, which goes on ships on occasion. Unless this leads to a bigger story. But it's a odd one.

They wrote it as if she had originally applied when she and Whistler had broken up, and she was looking to get away. But did not get it. Now it's come around again. I don't remember her wanting to get away at the time. But I guess we shall see where this leads...
Old 12-05-2022, 01:55 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Still don't get why Lucy would apply for a position on a boat when she can't go near the ocean. It doesn't make sense at all. They even addressed her fear of water a few episodes ago! Doesn't add up to say a few days later she'll be fine being on a ship long term. The ship is surrounded by water. She does realise that, right? It isn't just her getting to be sheriff of a city...

Smart kid to go for help when the dog came home alone & the mother hadn't come back yet

Clever way to contact the kid through the game... & then try get the mum through it. Shame the bounty hunters got to her first

Glad they were able to get the mother back safely Hopefully she won't have to go to jail or if she does it won't be long

So there's four months between this episode & the crossover but only about two actual episodes?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-05-2022, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It did not make sense. Unless the actress had to go off for a bit. And they came up with this way to write her out. Because they had made a point of mentioning her distate for water. Even though she lives and works in Hawaii LOL. And she had just started to become serious with Whistler.

It was bizarre. And that she originally applied when she and Whistler had broken up last year. Back then, it did not look like she was looking for a way out. And especially if she had a hatred of water.

Yeah, they fast forward time. Or she's back early. Because of the crossover in early January.
Old 12-05-2022, 10:44 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Even if the actress had to go off, the storyline doesn't make sense still. Or they didn't lead up to it. She showed no signs of wanting to face her fears in the previous episodes - including one where she wouldn't go near the ocean. She has shown no signs of wanting to get away last season that I remember either. Have Whistler leave her alone, yes. But not go off on a new assignment. It is hard to know if Yasmine has other commitments since neither she or the show has said one way or the other

It could be that they call her in too. We have to wait & see what they're doing there. But she is meant to be a part of the crossover

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread