Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2021, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

NCIS Campfire (OT) #16:We are a quarter of the way through the year... when did that happen?!

Welcome to the NCIS Campfire
(aka Off Topic) Thread!

"Campfire! It's sort of a new thing I like to do. I find it focuses the group better than just...
you know, shouting across the bullpen. Not that there's anything wrong with that."

A place to sit back among friends, relax, & enjoy! So "Huddle Up"!
Old 03-11-2021, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope the title is ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by florerr (View Post)
Holland is like the posterchild of legalized weed Or the grandparent, I'm not even sure...

Anyways, we spoke with the landlord this evening, who called the new tenants and asked them to only smoke outside on their patio instead of inside...

... Hopefully they'll keep to the guidelines...

And I'm halfway done with my week Only 2 more days left...

How's your week so far?
Make sense. I think i have heard how much it's used that just never thought of it

Glad that the landlord was hopefully able to help!

I am almost done with my week too Just one more day

My week has been eh. I stepped on a bee last week and my foot is still itching after stopping for a couple of days/ It is driving me crazy.
Old 03-12-2021, 02:47 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for the new thread I like the title

I'm glad my week is over. I was busy finishing packing & having my stuff moved into storage. I was originally told Tuesday for the removalist, so I'd booked the train & accommodation only to be called on Friday & told that they weren't coming until Wednesday. So then I had to change everything which meant cancelling my train booking & getting charged a fee for that as I couldn't just change it since it was so close to the travel date. Then on Tuesday I got a call telling me that the truck had been delayed so they couldn't come until Thursday . So again I had to cancel my train booking & get charged a fee . At least my accommodation I could just keep delaying at no charge. I'm glad I ended up paying a little more & staying in a place I knew was reputable & allowed that. Then today the train trip was 90 minutes longer than it should've been (its already around a 7 hour trip). I felt like nothing was going my way

Quote:
My grandma - thanks to the peer pressure of our relatives - decided to vaccinate herself with the Chinese - proven to contain the actual virus - vaccine... All we can do is pray that she won't get sick after receiving both shots in a couple weeks time...
oh no, hope she doesn't get sick Shame she got pressured into getting the vaccine. I get having her vaccinated but that particular one is a huge risk . Hopefully it will be ok though

Quote:
I stepped on a bee last week and my foot is still itching after stopping for a couple of days
Are you allergic or anything? Or is there any marks?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-12-2021, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

The title is perfect!

Chelle It sounds like that you had an exhausting couple days!

So far my grandma is feeling just fine, she's getting closer to the 10 day mark, and no one really knows when the 2nd shot will be administered - if ever -... Also she's planning to move back to her small house soon... She's been spending the winter months with my aunt & her son, and it has been quite stressful for her...

Steph Hopefully, the itching will go away soon! Normally it's the sign that the bite is healing...

The rest of my work week based quite rapidly, on Wednesday I was added to the "freight" email list as well... I'm not only in "support" but in "freight" too... But I'm sort of getting used to being put in a place that I'm dealing with the transport companies and booking both inbound and outbound shipments...

... And life at home is interesting Mom wants to move out as soon as possible, she had enough of living on the 1st & 2nd floor, where you can hear what the neighbours are doing... I don't fault her, but I also I can't see us moving before the summer... I still have driving lessons to complete - if they are not postponed, and I'm still undecided about whether I want to stay in NL or leave in July once my 6 month contract ends...
Old 03-13-2021, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry to hear about all the delays you were having in being able to move Chelle. The removalist should have refunded you some money for the change fees you were charged for the train! Glad you finally made it though!

Quote:
Are you allergic or anything? Or is there any marks?
Thankfully, no. I think a bit of the stinger may have been left at the site and caused the additional itching. Yesterday and today have had hardly any itching thankfully.

Glad to hear your grandma is doing fine so far, Hanna. On that vaccine, do they not give second doses?

I hope that it is healing and no more itching Hanna The itching was horrible. I bruised the top of my foot from trying not to itch

That is good they gave you more responsibilities at work Hanna.

Sorry to hear you are still having issues with the neighbors. Hopefully you can figure out what you want to do when once your contract is up.
Old 03-14-2021, 01:36 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That's a shame staying with family was stressful for your grandmother . Sounds like a good plan for her to move out if that's the case though. Will she be ok living alone?

hmm doesn't sound like you've had the best luck with neighbours & if you're hearing everything I can't blame your mother if she wants to move out. Hope she finds somewhere nice for you all or at least your parents if she does decide to move.
Where do you think you'll move to Hanna if you decide to leave NL?

Glad the itching seems to be going away now Steph

I have another job interview on Tuesday. Don't think I'll get that job as the centre is a Montessori centre & I don't have Montessori qualifications but the fact that I'm getting asked to come in & interview is promising so never know. They didn't ask for a Montessori qualified educator...

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-14-2021, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

That's amazing Chelle!! maybe your experiences are enough to grant you an interview with the company, without you having any organization-specific qualifications!

Steph, it's great that the itching is gone now!

I'd actually need to figure things out by mid-June, since it's pretty much a given that in July I would get a new contract for the next year at my current workplace...

My mom's half-sister & her son are not the most welcoming people, or at least they tend to ignore or keep my grandma more as a servant than anything else... This time they gave her a makeshift bed, and put it at the corridor/kitchen to sleep together with the dog & the parrots for months. Of course, my grandma didn't complain at all, she was just happy that she didn't have to stay at her cold house alone for winter...

She just went back to her own house, she has no trouble with living alone. She's just turned 73 in February, she's still quite young. Though she's hoping that in the future she will be able to live with us... We're hoping too that she'd be able to stay with us for an extended period...

The plan is that if I'm staying in NL, I'd be moving with them. I don't really want to leave them completely alone. They pretty much gave up everything back home, nor they are going to be qualified to receive any real pension in 5-10 years...

I've started to apply to various jobs in the States, so far without any real feedback, but it's worth a shot. I'm trying to switch to a captioning position overseas instead of staying in logistics/supply chain/warehouse management. Plus I have a feeling that things in Europe are changing for the worst in terms of political unrest in 2-4 years time, I don't want to be here when things became less peaceful...
Old 03-14-2021, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Congrats on another interview Chelle! Hopefully something will come from it even if you don't have that type of qualification.

Hopefully you will get it figured out by then Hanna. Also, that is sad that is how your mom's half sister treats your grandma. I am glad she was able to go back to her own home.

Hoping you are able to find the type of job you want!
Old 03-15-2021, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Thanks, Steph! I'm sure that by June/July I will have a more clear picture of the future

In the meantime, I'm done with Monday... I had 93 emails to read this morning even though I was only free on Friday The perks of being added to 2 email lists

And I miss baking, maybe I will bake something tomorrow after work or on Wednesday...

I hope that you're having a good week so far too!
Old 03-15-2021, 02:56 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Maybe. I still can't shake a feeling that I am wasting my/their time & not qualified for the job

That is terrible treatment. I am glad she can live on her own & went back to her place now

Good luck with your applications . It sounds stupid that your parents can't get any pension in the future too

that is a lot of emails to read over

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-16-2021, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That is a lot of emails to come back to... though I sometimes get that many or more in a day So I know how you feel

My week has not been great so far. The time change has me all messed up. I am so tired from not getting enough sleep the past two days. Didn't help that my cat kept me up as well. Then work has been picking back up the past few days. I need the weekend already

Maybe you are Chelle, but they are the ones that called you for an interview. They should have known from your resume that you were not qualified in that kind of teaching. Maybe they are looking to branch out though also. Anything is possible
Old 03-16-2021, 01:49 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Steph We're only changing the clock at the end of the month

Hopefully the rest of your week will improve! I know that our cat is waiting for the clock to be changed... He loves to eat "one hour earlier"

I'm still not caught up with everything... Well, I'm caught up, but I want to enter all the inbound shipments into one excel sheet - so that at least I know what's going on at the distribution center...

Everything is (still) done on paper, without the different departments sharing information about what was booked for transportation and when... Today the warehouse was looking for a parcel which was delivered last Tuesday, but didn't reach the person who wanted that one box in the first place...

It was But my grandma will get over it, she's already feeling much better with being on her own and being able/allowed to do things on her time...

Thanks If anything comes out of it, I'll let you know...

It's stupid, but that's my home country's regulations for you... The same with getting people vaccinated with the "best vaccine" available...
Old 03-17-2021, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We just did outs on Sunday. Today was better... I wasn't as tired

Eh, to today was still busy, but a little better. Not looking for much more to improve this week

Sorry about the regulations there!
Old 03-18-2021, 03:19 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Sorry the time change is messing with you Steph . Hope it doesn't mess with you in a few weeks time Hanna. I have no idea when the time changes here... just know it used to be weekend near my birthday but then a few years ago they pushed it back to April so now I never remember . But I go back an hour not forward so its easier

Turns out most of the employees working there aren't trained in Montessori (even though the website for the place implies that they are). They just get told what they need to do by someone who is trained. The interview was a bit odd. I got taken around the centre & shown everything & asked if I had any questions. They didn't want to know anything about me or look at any of my qualifications or anything ...

Sounds like a good plan Hanna to keep track of it all so you can know what is going on Good luck putting the rest together

Not helpful that they're still doing things by paper & not communicating

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-18-2021, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That is interesting about your interview Chelle! I guess not so bad after all? But that is odd they didn't want to see anything from you
Closed Thread   Post New Thread