Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2023, 07:31 PM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS - "Black Sky [Part Two]" (20.22) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs May 22nd @ 9PM) .:SEASON FINALE:.

NCIS 20.22 - "Black Sky"
Original Airdate: May 22, 2023 @ 9PM

x

Episode Summary
Torres finds himself in prison as the team tries to stop an impending terror attack
on U.S. soil, on the 20th season finale of the CBS Original series NCIS.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread.

Still haven't watched any of the last episodes, so I hope Torres is just undercover.
Also hope there won't be a cliffhanger.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 12:03 AM
Graphics Team Manager

He should just be undercover, yes. I think that there is likely to be a cliffhanger hopefully won't be a bad one or I'm wrong though

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-24-2023, 03:53 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Not a lot of comments for this ep but it was a good one

Bishop callback with McGee getting Parker to pretend to be the lawyer...

Just when they thought they had it solved... clever use of a blackout to try hide the plane landing

Seemed they solved things quickly. Wasn't expecting that & presumed it would have a cliffhanger. Glad that wasnt the case with the case. Not that things are all solved & ended peacefully since Torres has his own demons he is following up on. Not the best way to close the season but we have had far worse.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-24-2023, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I haven't watched much from s20 - but at some point during the hiatus I will catch up with the show, and comment

Of course I spoiled myself on the season finale... I think Torres needs to have that downward spiral in order to leave all his demons behind...

... and I'm still hoping that Ellie will pop up next season to help him actually find himself...
Old 05-27-2023, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought it was a story that would go into the new season. But the ending shows, it is going to be something more personal for Nick. I assume he's going to be found or stopped before he goes too far, but it's triggered something from his past.

Initially when he made his call to his sister. I thought maybe the death of his sister's husband I think it was, was coming back to haunt.

But it sounds like it's something much more, from their childhoods.

Thankfully Jimmy was there to help Kasie get the site backstopped. Not to bust. I am surprised she did not catch the way she described the reform school.

Good thinking on Nick, but it was very close.

A interesting end. We shall see whenever the show starts back up, where this goes for Nick and his past.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 08:40 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
I thought it was a story that would go into the new season.
Exactly. The whole storyline seems a bit weak & to just be over already? I don't know how I feel about it . But I do like the journey they're appearing to be starting with Torres & how they ended the ep too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-12-2023, 01:21 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I enjoyed the Russian arc, but it wasn't their strongest and I got the Anastasia reference a lot more earlier than them finding the guy's sister...

The Russian-arc from years ago with Gibbs & Ellie - where we've never officially killed that person was a more engaging.

What they have started to build with Torres is interesting, but I will need the new info to somehow connect him to his pilot episode background

Also in light of David dying during the strikes, I really appreciated the fact that Ducky was part if the final 2 epusodes of the season - providing them with background info on the Russian professor
Old 12-12-2023, 11:14 PM
Graphics Team Manager

For me this time around was disappointing & more rushed. I do wonder if things were impacted already here? It just didn't feel like a well thought out & planned storyline at least compared to ones in the past

For me I'm of two minds - I'm glad we got it & he was there, but I'm also sad his final episode was via a screen & not in person. Or unfortunately planned out but that was obviously out of their hands

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-13-2023, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

There could have been already pre-strike negotiations, as the final felt rushed compared to other times...

Yes, it's a pity that it was only through video ,but at least se saw him...
Old 12-13-2023, 11:41 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yes, at least we saw him

I hope it was a case of the writers already starting the strike/negotiations as I'd hate to think the quality is lessening or things are being rushed now

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-14-2023, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I think it was rushed because of the writers

Based on the build up they did throughout the season the blowout should have been bigger - and possible the season should have ended in a massive cliffhanger, instead of what we got...

... I hooe that we will have solid writing in s21...
Old 12-15-2023, 12:43 AM
Graphics Team Manager

A cliffhanger would've worked well. Sure we got one still, but they could've held onto that for a bit & made something bigger with the Russia storyline. But they also wouldn't have known what would be coming ahead so better to wrap things up quickly

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-15-2023, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I think as a courtesy to the franchise they went for an easier cliffhanger in case the strike lasted too long, or if the channel wouls have decided that s21 does not worth it...

... still I wish that we would have the longer extended version of the Russian arc instead, and we would have had a slow release and a mid-season cliffhanger with Torres instead
Old 12-16-2023, 12:42 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That's what I think too

That would've worked better

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread