Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2019, 07:22 PM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS - "Bears and Cubs" (16.16) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Mar 12th @ 8PM)

NCIS 16.16 - "Bears and Cubs"
Original Airdate: March 12, 2019 @ 8PM

x

Episode Summary
Jimmy is torn between family and work after his father-in-law, Ed (Larry Miller), asks him
to tamper with evidence from NCIS’ current murder investigation. Also, Ed’s poker buddy,
Anthony DiNozzo, Sr. (Robert Wagner), offers to help with the case.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread.

great dinozzo's father is back. never thought he and Ed would end up as buddies though.

hope jimmy is doing the right thing.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread. THis sounds like it will be a good one.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:13 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah I was surprised to see that connection but nice to have both of them back & appearing

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-12-2019, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not too bad of an episode. I like that we learned more about Palmer. Funny how Sr ended up involved in the case. I couldn't believe that Palmer lied to Gibbs, but knew he would beat himself up over it. Glad he finally decided to tell Gibbs though.

Sad that Ducky is done Knew it would be happening eventually though.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

I liked the episode well enough but hearing that Ducky is leaving NCIS for good was a major downer for me. He's been a stable force from the beginning, so classy and just the most understanding person. I like Jimmy well enough and know he'll do a good job...and I have to say I appreciated the respect he showed Ducky tonight since he kinda made me mad in that one episode where Ducky was talking to him via Skype and Palmer just walked over and clicked him off. But anyway, it was nice to see them hug in tonight's eppy...actually a goodbye hug. I'm sure we've all heard he's leaving mostly because he has to fly out from his family every time he films an episode but I still wish he would put in at least a brief appearance here and there like he's been doing for a while.

I'm sorry to say this but I wish it was Sloan leaving instead of Ducky! I don't care that she's smart and trained in her field but since day one, I've never seen her be particularly humble. Just the opposite, it's always been like "move over, I'm here to help you all out" type of thing. Anyway, that's just my opinion, I just don't like her at all.

I hope Nick and Ellie get to have some sort of romance at some point even if it's a brief one and then back to how it is now. They're so cute together.

One last thought...remember in an earlier episode the Director was at rehab and met that woman. He asked her out to dinner, she said yes, then he left. At that point, a guy came in and sat down next to the woman, and I forget what the exact dialogue was, but she ended up saying something that let us all know that she was not the innocent love interest, that she was out to get the Director about something. I just wonder what ever happened to that story line. Maybe it'll come up soon.

Anyway, good episode tonight but I'm still sick that Ducky is leaving.

Jenny
Jenny Heartland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it is sad Ducky is leaving for good. I knew it was going to happen, but wasn't expecting it now

Quote:
One last thought...remember in an earlier episode the Director was at rehab and met that woman. He asked her out to dinner, she said yes, then he left. At that point, a guy came in and sat down next to the woman, and I forget what the exact dialogue was, but she ended up saying something that let us all know that she was not the innocent love interest, that she was out to get the Director about something. I just wonder what ever happened to that story line. Maybe it'll come up soon.
I dunno. I am sure they will bring it back up at some point this season. I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the last few episodes or maybe even a cliffhanger into next season.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Heartland (View Post)

I'm sorry to say this but I wish it was Sloan leaving instead of Ducky! I don't care that she's smart and trained in her field but since day one, I've never seen her be particularly humble. Just the opposite, it's always been like "move over, I'm here to help you all out" type of thing. Anyway, that's just my opinion, I just don't like her at all.
completely agree with you on that.

but I expected ducky to leave someday. look at david's age. I am glad he wanted to play the role this long.

glad palmer told gibbs everything. nice to see senior back. still don't really like ed very much though.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:21 PM
Graphics Team Manager

"Don't even ask boss"

Did Palmer forget he was a son-in-law? Guess its a bit of a shock since he doesn't see Ed often or get along with him

oh wow. It hasn't come up between Sr & Ed that they have a connection? Still surprised Sr would be around with Tony & Tali in Paris tbh

Perfect timing for Ducky's return. Poor Palmer

Yes Palmer, Gibbs does always know

Palmer & Torres

So Sr knew the connection but just said nothing... Nice that Ed seems proud of Palmer though, even if he's lying about his job

& the plot thickens & the lies grow... Poor Palmer

Interrogation room? how nice Gibbs Guess it does give them somewhere private to talk though

love Gibbs' facial expressions to Palmer's story/confession

I love Palmer standing up for himself with Ed, & telling his story. Two father figures Ducky & Gibbs far better

Ducky I hate to say it but I think he's right in saying there isn't a place for him anymore. Not as the medical examiner anyway. Maybe he can be some sort of consultant? But I fear it would be a position made up just for him to still have a role. I don't think he could replace Sloan (plus they wouldn't fire her to give Ducky a new position, she'd have to want to go too) - he could however work with her but again I feel it'd be a position made up just for him & I don't think Ducky would like that. Then I completely respect David's decision if he has chosen to leave the show

Palmer & Ducky

wonder how it is for Bishop being around Sr with her knowledge she seems fine...

I'm glad the father turned his own son in & NCIS could easily save Stevie

I hope this isn't the end & we at least get an actual goodbye for Ducky if he is going. He deserves far more than just that quick scene with Gibbs & the earlier one with Sr/Palmer

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-20-2019, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
oh wow. It hasn't come up between Sr & Ed that they have a connection? Still surprised Sr would be around with Tony & Tali in Paris tbh
I know I thought that was so weird and funny

I hope so as well for Ducky Chelle. That would be sad if they didn't do anything for him.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:18 AM
Graphics Team Manager

If that was the end that is disgusting for the character & actor. Both deserves so much more respect & send off

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-21-2019, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
Both deserves so much more respect & send off
yes, they do, but there are still a few episodes left this season, so I think (or hope) that we will see some more.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:09 PM
Graphics Team Manager

The thing which gives me hope is I haven't seen anything official saying he left? Even Brian Dietzen hasn't said anything on Twitter & I feel if it was official he would - unless told otherwise

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-21-2019, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't seen anything either than what was said in the episode. So I am hoping that is a good sign.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:08 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

The case was okay, nothing really special, but I liked the fact that it was all about Palmer and his family...

I liked Palmer's discussion with his father-in-law about "normal" upbringing and Palmer saying that he does everything in his power to not become like his own father.

Palmer had to clean up his own mess, but luckily he was able to do just that...

It was nice to see Sr., I believe that he's visiting Tony & Tali in Paris quite frequently but doesn't want to overwhelm Tony, thus, he still has his own life in the States... They didn't always have the best father-son relationship...
florerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top