Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2021, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

the first episode without Gibbs it's a huge adjustment that I had to get used to. It felt weird at first because I've been watching the show since I was a teen. Gibbs was the biggest part of the show. I like the ending for him as well. He's alive at least.
Stars Fade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 12:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars Fade (View Post)
the first episode without Gibbs it's a huge adjustment that I had to get used to. It felt weird at first because I've been watching the show since I was a teen. Gibbs was the biggest part of the show. I like the ending for him as well. He's alive at least.
haven't watched this episode yet, but I can imagine your feelings about it and I definitely agree with your last two sentences.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

It was strange to watch the episode, with knowing that Gibbs won't pop up...

He was/is a big part of the show
Old 10-26-2021, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed
Old 01-28-2022, 08:04 PM
Graphics Team Manager

We have known how Gibbs gets the boats out of the basement all along & never knew it

In 3x07 "Honor Code" Gibbs is talking with the little boy who's father has been taken while they're in the basement & Gibbs is working on a boat. This was their conversation about it:

Quote:
ZACH: How are you going to get this out of here when it's finished?
GIBBS: Good question. I don't know. I haven't thought about it much.
ZACH: I think maybe you could use a crane or something.
GIBBS: Yeah? I could dig a ramp. Knock that wall out and hoist it out of here.

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 02:48 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
We have known how Gibbs gets the boats out of the basement all along & never knew it

In 3x07 "Honor Code" Gibbs is talking with the little boy who's father has been taken while they're in the basement & Gibbs is working on a boat. This was their conversation about it:
Chelle, I know... I watched this episode maybe a week ago, and I was like Just forgot to bring it up... (I think it was the week when I didn't feel like posting that much... )
Old 02-04-2022, 07:23 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah I was wondering why you hadn't posted about it, didn't think it was possible I'd overtaken your rewatch . Makes sense it may have been that week . Handy that I got inspired by you to start rewatching too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-05-2022, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Chelle, you didn't... I just started s4 today

Actually just watched Hiatus 1 & 2... The Gibbs not recalling Ducky, even though we know that they have met before is still strange... Hiatus 1 & 2 was like the reset button for Gibbs, the end of the dating random red heads era...
Old 02-05-2022, 05:37 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I'm not too far behind then. I'm about half way through S3

Yeah I still don't get Hiatus 1 & 2. It leaves me with questions when you compare it to what they later did

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-06-2022, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I know what you mean.

Hiatus Part 1 & 2 is an episode with many questions, both after having the 400th episode, and also in comparison with the Gibbs we've known until that point....
Old 02-06-2022, 10:17 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Exactly It was a big reveal for everyone in that moment, but then we still have things we don't know about him like what the 400th revealed

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-07-2022, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

That

But it also made Gibbs into a different character, if that makes any sense...

S4 Gibbs is like the Gibbs we get to know by the later seasons. Somehow the memory loss brought back the memories that he pushed to the back of his mind, and once he had the memories & emotions back, he made an effort to not go back to "old habits" . We don't see him flirting with random red heads, he's trying to stay clear from Jenny & besides Hollis Mann he's mostly alone.

Of course, him not recognizing Ducky is still weird. Though if he only met Ducky for a short period, and before proposing to Shannon, it makes sense that he didn't connect the dots. He said that "he remembered the story of Ducky being left on the bus", just couldn't recall the person, who told the story...

But I let you to catch up with Hiatus
Old 02-08-2022, 12:16 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That's a good point, it was a turning point for him then & each moment after that with the team leaving is as well I think. Even in S3 I think he changes a little after the loss of Kate, but then after what happens in Hiatus it really starts coming through

Yeah it is but maybe because he looked different? There was obviously time between the two meetings so maybe in that time Ducky aged or between the initial meeting & the moment he doesn't recognise Ducky he doesn't look the same Plus it was such a small meeting moment...
but I think for me the main thing is Ducky unknowingly knew about Shannon & I want to know how that all played out. Did Ducky ask Gibbs about it when he joined NCIS? Or had he forgotten? Or did Gibbs lie about it?

I stopped watching & started watching another show so will be a little bit

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-08-2022, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Oh, I'm pretty convinced that Ducky figured it out, but kept it to himself Since he may bore you with random stories, but in general he is a private person... I don't think that Ducky asked Gibbs about Shannon, if Gibbs wasn't willing to share

Gibbs started to change in s3 as well, but there was a clear change after Hiatus
Old 02-22-2022, 09:06 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Watching it myself now I want to question how Gibbs doesn't remember Ducky since they met. However a passing moment years earlier, then being through an explosion, it is understandable. You can't possibly remember every single person who has come into your life. It is possible neither of them remembered each other at first when they were reunited when Gibbs joins NCIS

Looking at Ducky when Jenny tells him, maybe he is processing it all & putting the pieces together there. Knowing that the woman he heard about Gibbs really did end up marrying & having a child with, yet he knew nothing about it all. Either that Gibbs had lied or Ducky simply hadn't asked & it hadn't come up.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread