Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2020, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
From anything I've seen of the NCIS Fandom, they always don't care to bother with shipper wars. You either like couples or you don't, & you leave the ones who do like a couple you don't like alone . I don't know what it is but I've never come across any shipper wars in the fandom even when people don't like couples or characters

While there may be a longer wait here I can't fault it as its not their fault. Hopefully they pick up their 'slow burn' & stop teasing soon & turn it into something though
This is how EVERY fandom SHOULD be. Shame it isn't like that.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 04-16-2020, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
I know they certainly aren't here but no for the most part I think the fandom more has hate towards characters & changes that have happened than shipper wars. That & some hate directed towards actors . But maybe facebook has some, it'd be the best place to look for it probably

Hopefully next season will be their season
That is all I care about that they are not here It makes the board so much nicer I remember having to deal with them on a previous board I modded and it wasn't fun
I am sure Facebook has a lot of people like that but seems like that is the place for everyone to be that way no mater what it is
Old 04-16-2020, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

That's actually a huge plus of smaller boards. Much nicer.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 04-18-2020, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

TvLine episode comments are the worst when it comes to the fandom... Even FB is less negatively vocal most of the time...

Still this fandom has mostly mature fans compared to other shows...
Old 04-18-2020, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I usually stay away from comments on certain sites just in case.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 04-18-2020, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is true, TVLine has some bad comments that are sometimes worse than FB
Old 04-21-2020, 11:55 PM
Graphics Team Manager

There are worse than FB? Although those ones are usually directed at the actors & characters or just hating that certain people left... not necessarily negative, just unnecessary (for the most part). Pity though that TVLine is worse

I don't know about smaller boards being nicer, as you can still have shipping wars in some fandoms just based on what storylines the show chooses. Although I think being smaller is saving Charmed (2018) from having them, but I'm waiting for it. I think for NCIS we're fortunate in that there isn't obvious love triangles encouraging viewers to ship one or the other couple. I think the closest we've ever gotten was when Tony was dating Jeanne but somehow I still don't think it would've encourage shipping wars in the fandom? I wasn't a part of it back then to know for sure though. Meanwhile you have shows like what seems to be the majority on CW (& ones which were on WB if you want to go further back) which I swear create them just to encourage shipping wars & annoy people

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-22-2020, 12:04 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

TvLine commentators are worse... All of the Bishop-haters are over there for example...

So damn right too... About CW/WB: those shows live for fandom wars and to see which fandom has the largest supporter group when deciding who should end up with whom at the series finale...

I don't think that NCIS had any fandom wars... Even the people who were tired of the dragged out Densi engagement haven't started to ship Kensi with Jack or Deeks with Talia for example...

I don't think that Jeanne & Tony had too many fans considering the way they got together...
Old 04-22-2020, 12:12 AM
Graphics Team Manager

ah, of course. That would be a whole lot of hate...

I enjoy shows from CW/WB but they're terrible for the shipper wars. Sometimes it makes the shows worse or it hard to actually enjoy talking about the shows

I can't see LA as having an alternative. Just frustration of things being dragged out. NCIS at least has had possible ones threatening Tiva. I forgot about EJ & Zoe - the others Tony dated. But again don't remember them causing shipper wars. The characters aren't around long enough for it

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-22-2020, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Shippers for NCIS are a breath of fresh air.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 04-22-2020, 09:22 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I liked Zoe, because I couldn't see how Tiva would happen again at that point in time...

But yes, the NCIS fandom is refreshingly not focused on shipper-wars... It should be norm for other shows too...
Old 04-22-2020, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So true about the NCIS fandom
Old 05-01-2020, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
You know I risked my life to save yours?
I know.

Does it matter?
No.

source

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-02-2020, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They need to do something with then next season.

Thanks for the gif
Old 05-02-2020, 02:29 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

And hopefully they will!

Thanks for the gifset!