Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

View Poll Results: If it were to be renamed, what name would you choose?
NCIS and Spin-Offs The results are hidden 0%
NCIS Franchise The results are hidden 0%
Other (please post idea/s) The results are hidden 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2014, 04:19 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Board Rename?

Hi all ,

NCIS keeps growing with it's spinoffs, and it seems a lot of posters don't realize that this board is for all of NCIS and not just the original NCIS. With that said, Steph and I would like your input about possibly having it renamed.

If it were to be renamed, what name would you choose?

A. NCIS and Spin-Offs
B. NCIS Franchise
C. Other (please post idea)

(Poll is at very top of page)

Thanks,
Chelle & Steph

Chelle » join GTmy art

Last edited by maplezbear; 06-10-2014 at 07:31 PM
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for putting this up Chelle

I edited the post just to let people know the Poll is at the very top of the page. I missed it when I first looked in here
Old 06-11-2014, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great idea! I voted, I can understand why people don't realize this board is for spin-offs too. Some spin-offs from other shows (for example The Originals) do have their own board, so then people probably go to the television or couples board.
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Voted.

I'm Megan!
Megz1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megz1989 (View Post)
Voted.
ditto
Old 06-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

voted other

On the fanfiction site, when they have multiple books by an author they put everything under the author and then the writers have to specify what book they are writing for in their summary......maybe we could do something similar by naming it "the NCIS world" which would encompass all the NCIS shows. And to show that you could change the icon (if that is possible) to show the shows' characters.

even though I voted I would like to point out that the CSI thread is the same as this one, they just separate the threads by the show name in the thread list......
Mountain_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:21 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks everyone for voting & for the suggestion

Quote:
And to show that you could change the icon (if that is possible) to show the shows' characters.
What do you mean by change the icon? Do you mean the picture on the main page which only currently has characters from the one NCIS show? It is possible, however we may need to wait for it since the Graphics Team is on hiatus & it is considered one of the "newer" boards. Steph & I can ask the Graphics Team Leaders to take it into consideration though, but it will be up to them if they do or not

Quote:
even though I voted I would like to point out that the CSI thread is the same as this one
We have no say over what happens with the CSI board, that is up to them. When I brought up the suggestion with the Moderator Managers I did use the NCIS & CSI boards as suggestions though - but completely up to them if they wish to change anything or keep things as is

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-12-2014, 06:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

What a smart idea cause there is endless spin offs and this shows a spin off of Jag so the lists goes on .. For a name so hard NCIS spin off cute franchise sounds better we need a good plural word like we have twilight Saga or Harry Potter series .. Need a good group name

Here's what I got so far

NCIS & LIAISONS ( keep in the theme of the show )?
NCIS & Partners ?
NCIS & Agencies ?

Last edited by Summer Falls; 06-12-2014 at 06:59 AM
Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks everyone for voting so far! The ideas so far for "other" are great, MG and Petra!
Old 06-14-2014, 05:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)
Thanks everyone for voting so far! The ideas so far for "other" are great, MG and Petra!
its ok its a hard choice
Old 06-14-2014, 06:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)
no prob. I can totally understand changing the name, especially since it would be hard to change the pic on the main page as speedoflifexx said. Something to distinguish that we are more than just the original series.
Mountain_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It really is a hard choice

Agreed MG
Old 06-15-2014, 02:12 AM
Graphics Team Manager

If we can get the image changed it'll also take time too, so it would be nice to have something we can change a lot quicker. With the hiatus & delays it could be another year before we got a new picture

I don't know what to pick, my favs:
- NCIS Franchise: In my mind it covers JAG as well as the NCIS's
- NCIS and Spin-Offs: It would match with what they did for Idol & at least covers the two spin-offs. However I worry that it'll make it harder for there to ever be boards for the other shows & I don't want us to take away from that
- The NCIS World: again that could cover JAG as well
- NCIS & Liaisons: It sounds cute, but I wonder if it makes sense & would be clear what the board is for

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-15-2014, 04:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoflifexx (View Post)
If we can get the image changed it'll also take time too, so it would be nice to have something we can change a lot quicker. With the hiatus & delays it could be another year before we got a new picture

I don't know what to pick, my favs:
- NCIS Franchise: In my mind it covers JAG as well as the NCIS's
- NCIS and Spin-Offs: It would match with what they did for Idol & at least covers the two spin-offs. However I worry that it'll make it harder for there to ever be boards for the other shows & I don't want us to take away from that
- The NCIS World: again that could cover JAG as well
- NCIS & Liaisons: It sounds cute, but I wonder if it makes sense & would be clear what the board is for
So hard I guess some of those won't make sense to people who don't watch the show which is a problem .. I don't mind NCIS world or something along those lines
Old 06-15-2014, 04:35 AM
Graphics Team Manager

In a way it is more important that fans can understand it still as if they aren't fans then they aren't likely to care what the board is called I have no idea what is best though

(love your current sig/icon combo Petra)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread