Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Extreme Fan

I looked up "a alpha e echo v victor" on Google and I found this site: http://www.hse.k12.in.us/staff/pgrif...habetCards.pdf

S is also Sierra in the Military alphabet. It could be just a really weird coincidence, but if I know Joss he probably planned it.

EDIT: The name November is also in there and the actor who is Paul's neighbor (Mellie?) was originally supposed to be an Active named November. Definitely more than coincidence.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Loyal Fan

I definitely don't think it's a coincidence, but I wonder if Joss has something big planned with it, or if it's just one of those things that gets used but doesn't have any real importance to the plot?
Old 03-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Extreme Fan

I think it's too early in the series to really say. It might just be what they use to name their Actives, but who knows? It could have a more significant meaning.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Master Fan

I liked it, altough not as much as last week. But still good.

Anyone else starting to think those 'Dollhouse' people aren't very good at what they do?

They sure screw up a lot.....

We may have discussed that already, but who was the asian girl, Topher's assistant? Will she be back? How come we have never heard of her before? I felt like that role could have easily been filled by Amy Acker's character (Claire Saunders), in this episode......
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Extreme Fan

I was wondering about her sudden appearance, too--it seemed... odd. Though, there has been speculation that some of the clips in this episode were from the original pilot episode so it might be she was in that episode but because it was replaced she didn't show up until this episode? I agree, though, she could've been replaced by Claire but she was definitely an interesting addition. I like learning more about the facility and learning more about the workers so a new employee definitely isn't unwelcome.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Loyal Fan

I agree, her appearance was a little random, but I'm sure that if they've decided she'll be a regular then she'll have more backstory put into the show. I think her presence was a nice addition to the cast, even if it was a bit abrupt.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Master Fan

It was abrupt, but apparently Amy won't be available all the time, so they need somebody when she's not there!
Old 03-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

I just finished watching the episode. I liked it a lot, but I think the 2nd one is still my favorite.

Victor was hilarious. "Sweet Home Georgia" and "What do I know, this country, it's confusing," along with his expression seriously cracked me up.

I was kind of shipping Echo with that one guy - not the one who asked her out for a drink, but the one was acted like a real ass at first. When they sat next to each other and started talking IDK I saw chemistry there. And she didn't leave him behind. Of course I'm pretty sure he won't be back, so that ship goes down the drain already

I can't believe the ratings are lower than last week. This show just gets better every ep and people seem to drop one by one! And I really want a full season of this. Hell, I want two. At the least.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Website Manager

It's nice that Topher got a promotion and is in the loop about Alpha, even though he sort of figured out that Alpha would be the only one who would have done it. Maybe they'll be able to improve their security now that Topher knows to stay on guard. Though something definately needs to be done as far as the actives go... a lot of high risk clients that they didn't see coming, like the Echo hunt and being trapped in the vault (though wouldn't have been a big issue if it hadn't been for the remote wipe.) to just name two so far.

I liked this episode better than the second one (which is my second favourite)

Sucks that the ratings are going down when the show is getting better.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Master Fan

I am surprised to see that Joss decided to have Alpha sabotage the 'Dollhouse' operations from the very beginning..... For us as viewers that's kinda confusing, IMO, cause we never saw the Dollhouse actually functioning. I mean, there's something going seriously wrong in every single episode . Had it been a 22 epi season (which is not possible anymore, I guess, for summer is coming....), then maybe Alpha should have appeared only in the second half, no?

And Topher's "promotion" seemed more like a 'silencing agreement' to me, no? I mean, giving someone security clearance who has just figured out the breach themselves is kinda desperate, no?
Old 03-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm positive it was to make sure he doesn't talk, at least for part. Of course, having the guy who programs the Actives know about Alpha's still-existence was probably a smart move because now he knows that he has to add that possibility into the equation when sending out Actives (particularly Echo) on a job.

Actually, in hindsight, it was kind of stupid for them to delay telling him for so long. o_O
Old 03-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Website Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmn24601 (View Post)
Actually, in hindsight, it was kind of stupid for them to delay telling him for so long. o_O
Yeah, if they knew they should have told him earlier, especially if he's knowledgeable in such things, breeches could have been minimized.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was a really good episode, in my opinion. I really liked the ending. I can't wait for the mythology to kick in a little more.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmn24601 (View Post)
Exactly. Doesn't make this organization look very bright, now does it?
Old 03-08-2009, 02:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Not at all. Not that they're dumb, but seriously? If there's a threat you don't just ignore it in hopes it'll go away. You face it and if you don't/can't take it down you do everything in your power to help defend from it.

/five-thirty in the morning mini-rant