Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thomas Dekker/John Connor #3: Because shirt-less, cursing, smoking Thomas Dekker. That's our guy!

Thomas Dekker\John Connor Appreciation Thread

(made by *Catherine*)

Fans
*Catherine*
xlennie
lisagslack14
- Nina -
Lady_Lee
Wynter
Alexa
AAVaria
LittleLoLo
LillyLove
naturellebella
Mushkah
Soleya
Jidsy <3
AlwaysHoldingOn
angelface211
dark_red
Calgaryfan2006
Kelsi Nielsen
IScream4Dean
xxstACEyxx
Ghost. Of. You
Starfield_Scribe

Previous Threads
http://www.fanforum.com/f318/thomas-...-1-a-62887121/
http://www.fanforum.com/f318/thomas-...nnor-62896349/

Quotes from Thomas
Thomas: I love acting because it's an artistic way to release the million different personalities I have in my head.
Thomas:(When asked who his role model is) River Phoenix. I watched all of his films and thought he did some really revolutionary stuff for his age.
Thomas: I knew it would frustrate some people in the first season with the performance I did because I wanted him to be kind of weak
and hide behind his hair and sit behind the computer and people to go, ‘This isn’t the savior of the world, where’s he?’ so that then we
could watch him shift. I felt that doing what he does just wouldn’t happen, I think there has to be things that occur that just build
up till the end of this thing and that’s what happens. So this is so great, I just get to play rage and bitterness and power
that I didn’t get to do at all last year, by my own choice.
Thomas: What? What?! I'm not having him (Christian Bale) on the show. I'm intimidated.
I'm intimidated! No, no, no. He's Batman and come on, no!
Thomas: [My character John Connor] undergoes a lot of changes in the coming episodes and season.
It was intentional. Anyone who was afraid that my John was a little too weak will be pleasantly surprised in
the second season. It was always the plan that I would go through a transformation and become a bad ass.
I have to prove I am not a wimp and it’s going to be fun. We wanted it to start small and then make audiences go, ‘Oh s—.’”

Said about Thomas
Josh Friedman: Thomas is extremely smart. And the best student of the franchise.
Josh Friedman: Summer wasn't difficult to cast. Thomas was the hardest. People were very uptight
about that role. Thomas auditioned about a thousand times. But he was the best in every round of auditions. Never a doubt for me.

Quotes from John
John: I can't keep running. I can't. I'm not who they think I am, some Messiah.

John: I know. I can't lead an army. Maybe that's you, but it will never be me, so you've got to stop it.

John: You’ve reached the future leader of mankind, may take me a little while to get back to you, but leave a message anyway.

John: My dad's always a hero. And he's always dead.

John: What? We went, we learned, I didn’t get killed, and she didn’t kill anybody. It’s a pretty good first day, I think.

John: Isn’t that what I’m suppose to be, a hero? Isn’t that who I am? If it’s gonna sit inside me, if it’s gonna
sit in my gut, then what are we doing? What’s the point? Why not just give it to them if we're gonna act like them!

John: A good code is like a good song in your head - it's gotta come out.

John: Well, I guess when they say you can't fight City Hall, they really mean it.

John: You don't have to trust her. You can trust me.

John: (referring to Cameron) It's not gonna be this one.

John: Because one of the boys is still wanted for murder, and one of the girls is harder than nuclear nails.

John: No, a birthday's like a holiday. Like once a year, every year, people just kind of celebrate you, I guess.
And you get presents and you eat cake and it's fun. It's supposed to be. Last year, mom got me a flak jacket.

John:(to Cameron) Are you here to kill me?

John: Then why didn't you protect me when I was killing Sarkissian? Why didn't you protect me when
I had my hands around this throat? Why didn't you protect me from that?

John: Cause that's what we do. When we, uh...when we see something that's, uh...in pain, or in
trouble, or whatever, we try and help it.

John: She was engaged once. This pretty cool guy. Didn't work out. He's kinda the only friend we had.
A little while ago, he, uh...helped us with something. There was an accident and his new wife died. And he left.
That's what happens. I shouldn't be around people.

John: You know me in the future. What would "Future me" do?

John: I made the call. Live with it.

John: Let me repeat what she said. If you had a photo of your brother, would you or would you not look at it?

John: Cameron. Do you think it's possible for me to know something that future John doesn't know?

John: (to Cameron) Why would I want to kill you?

John: (to Sarah) You don't know anything.

John: You know, I've been running from the machines my whole life. They tried to kill my mom before I was even born.
When I was twelve they sent one after me. I was a kid and I was stupid. I didn't know what it was all about.
Both times future me sent someone back to stop them. The first time it was a soldier. His name was Kyle Reese,
and he died saving my mother's life. The second time it was a machine, and I used to wonder why I did that. Why I took that chance.
I don't wonder anymore. Human beings can't be replaced. They can't be rebuilt. They die and they never come back.
You know, it was Derek who told me, if that's what you're wondering. He loves you, Derek. You and me,
we're the only things he has in this world. The only things. He's like Riley in that way. See, she made mistakes.
Small things, sometimes. A word or a phrase. Carrots and apples. I'm guessing that's yours.
When we were in Mexico she heard my real name, she ignored it. A man took my picture and she destroyed his camera.
She put herself between me and a machine that was hunting me. So one day I realized she wasn't treating me
like John Baum, she was treating me like John Connor.

John: That's just the thing, isn't it? I am John Connor.

Said about John
Sarah: It is said that the death of any one person is the death of an entire world. Certainly for parents,
the death of a child is no less than a holocaust. In the case of my son, these words are literally true.
Derek: He died, John. He died for you. We all die for you.
Sarah: If you die, they win.
Derek: We follow. We rise or fall on your shoulders. Humanity rises or falls, but we're always watching. - For you to be human.
Cameron: I admire him. His determination, his spirit, his fearlessness. I'd like to meet him.
Cameron: I understand that being John Connor can be lonely.
Charley: He's just a kid. He's a great kid. He was like a son to me.
Cameron: In the future, you have many friends.
Derek: But what is he? He's not a boy. He's not a man. He's not a soldier. He has changed.
Cameron: I can't let anything happen to him.
Derek: Nothing, I...I just need to know that you're seeing clearly. I need to know someone is, but especially you.
Derek: John Connor.
Jesse: John Connor.
Cameron: Future John has better information than you do.
Cameron: You're ahead of schedule (with what) you need to learn.
Jesse: He's John Connor. There's a reason people follow him all over hell.

Reasons
Thomas
Because Thomas gets to hang out with Summer and Lena.
Because he can make guyliner look good!
Because his unconventional style is refreshing
Because he loves playing that John Connor dude
Because he's unusual photoshoots make us giggle
Because he went half-naked for his show
Because he called Fox and fought for our show!
Because "Daddy's got bills to pay!"

John
Because John Connor makes blinking look hot!
Because he's the savior of man kind.
Because he's kind, brave and compassionate.
Because he's a true hero.
Because he will save the world someday.
Because he cares too much about people and machines alike.
Because he was destined to be a leader.
Because he's a messiah going through puberty.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 06-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kem, thanks for opening!
Old 06-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome Soleya!!

Aww, three threads already for our favorite guy with the Maybelline lashes! I just finished watching SMWWOMS and man, he looks especially hot in that episode, I'm totally serious.

Some Must Watch While Others Must Sleep:

IDK, he just looks amazing in every scene to me in this episode. The clothes, the hair, the lashes, the attitude...all awesome! I also love his height difference w/ Lena I think Lena looks shorter than Summer but who knows.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 06-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Mmmm... Yes the hair in particularly is awesome in that episode! I love it when it's little messy like that. Looks hot! Oh, I love that cap with him and Cameron in front of the vending machine, the look on his face just screams busted! For what, standing next to her?! Sarah has some serious issues...

I love the height difference between him and Lena, that's why I have this assumption that Thomas is pretty tall, the difference is so evident in that BtR elevator scene for example. Lena looks very small there standing next to Thomas.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

omgosh, that's it! It's the hair! I should have known that it was the hair. It's perfection. They got the look down perfectly.

OH MY GOSH, you know what I just realized? This is suppose to be 3 different days that John and Cameron go to see Sarah but their clothes never change. I mean besides for the underwear scene (and even then John is wearing the same undershirt just no jacket), Sarah didn't have time to dream them with new clothes. That's funny

Ya, he really does look taller than Lena, like so much so! It's cute though. I love that in the show John is taller than his mother. Sarah looks up to his eyebrows and Cameron looks like she's mid-way forehead.

& John totally has the you caught me look!

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 06-16-2009, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Heh, you have clips and caps for everything!
Yes, it's definitely the hair! It's so pointy, like why does Sarah deam his hair like that! Maybe in her nightmares Cameron has messed it up for him by running her fingers through it... oops, wrong thread...

I love the height difference because it shows clearly that John is not a boy anymore, he's taller than his mother and growing up to be a man. And it's hot.
He's the perfect amount taller than Cameron for... damn, wrong thread again...
Old 06-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Of course! It's my duty I had that .gif as my wallpaper on my celly for awhile but now I've been trying to change up my .gifs.

IDK, maybe it's suppose to show that he's being all rebellious or something? Awesome, messy hair equals rebellious? Who knows! All I know is that this episode is the hottest his hair has ever been. We never even see John fixing his hair at all but you can tell that messy looks take some time to put together. He's a secret primp-er.

He is growing into a man! He was there protecting his mother and looking out for her during the whole episode. It's quite sweet. They had really great interactions in this episode.

you're so silly!

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 06-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, spiky hair equals rebellious John! Doesn't matter, glad you posted the pics because otherwice we would've never realized just how fantastic his hair really is in that episode! Hmm, maybe it's in the deleted scenes, John Connor styiling his hair... I'd watch it! Closely.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just thought "I want to run my fingers through his hair" oh gosh Soleya I blame you for my Thomas Dekker crush! It's all the obsessing we do, it's getting to me.

Since I love obsessing over this episode, this episode I now dub Some Must Watch While Others Must Have Awesome Hair, which cap is your favorite?

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 06-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Perfect name! The one with the close up of his lashes. Duh.

Well I blame this board for my Thomas Dekker obsession, I used to have a mild intrest in him with in the boundaries of what is normal, but now I come here daily just to stare at his eyelashes...
Old 06-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I used to have a mild intrest in him with in the boundaries of what is normal, but now I come here daily just to stare at his eyelashes...
That's exactly what has happened to me! I thought he was cute but now it's like so much more. It's the John Connor factor, I swear. John Connor is just so...John Connor!

oo yes close up on eyelashes in that scene! You know what, he has nice eyebrows too. They're not too over-done but they're still nicely shaped. Oh great, I'm just feeding my obsession.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 06-16-2009, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oooh, his eyebrows! We haven't obsessed over those yet! Lets do that next shall we!

John Connor is so cool, someone should invent a word just to descripe how awesome he is! Because normal words won't do him justice!
Old 06-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tell me an episode and caps will ensue!

It's funny b\c the Dark Knight was on the other night and I said to my mom "He should stick to being Batman. He's not a good John Connor, he's not my John Connor." It's seriously something that Thomas brings to the role that has made John one of my favorite characters on the show. The other John's can't compete. & yes. I know that the other onses didn't get as much screen time but still.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 06-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, this is a good eyebrow picture! Those are very nice eyebrows he's got there, not too thick, perfect color and nice shape! I love his eyebrows!
Yeah, Thomas owns the role of John Connor now, no competition! I hope he gets to play John again. I bet he misses being him!
Old 06-17-2009, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think he must shape them up a bit! There's just no way they just grow all neatly and yet manly like that. It wouldn't be fair to the guys that end up having uni-brows. Give me an episode to John spam Soleya!

I wonder how that would happen though. I was actually kind of wishing that he would have had some part in Terminator Salvation. I mean, I knew he wasn't but it would have been cool to see him as Kyle Reese or something. He knows the franchise so well and he's a great actor I think he could have done it.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)