Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2013, 05:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
This is very relevant here (this is definitely because of the Kripke Sheldon scenes) and I totally agree. He couldn't definitely be totally one dimensional, but while he's of course not nearly as developed as the main characters, he's not as one dimensional as he could be.
Yeah, and I do think the evolving relationship between Kripke and Sheldon really helps with that. Similarly with how they've treated Evil!Wil Wheaton, they explore different layers of the relationship and don't just stick to the same bit, otherwise, Kripke would still just be the robot battle bully. Like, he's always a bit of a jerk, but we different elements of that, like when he and Sheldon fight for the office, he doesn't just become some villainous character; it's just two guys who aren't that fond of each other competing for an office space. And I think that's more common in relationships than it just being a case of, "I hate this person and that's that", sometimes your encounters will be different than one of bullying, sometimes you'll have to work together. And bond over interesting discussions.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

Kripke is one of those characters that would normally be out of place in a sitcom other than being strictly a gag one. I'm incredibly happy that the writers have given him so much color for the little time he appears. He's one of my favorite side characters, after all. I'd hope for nothing less for my favorwite Bawwy.

Ahmyrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm still surprised Sheldon actually picked him as a part of his new social group in The Toast Derivation!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:24 AM
Ultimate Fan

Couldn't resist the magic charme of Bawwy.

...or maybe he didn't know who else to call, to be honest. Love that episode, by the way.

teoriapostmoderna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think Barry would probably the most tolerable of the choices that showed up, really. At least his IQ would have been close to Sheldon's.

Ahmyrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:53 AM
Master Fan

I wonder if Sheldon used his friendship algorithm to invite Kripke.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe he did I love that algorithm
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Loved how Sheldon called him "Bawwy" last night
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
Loved how Sheldon called him "Bawwy" last night
More than that, I loved Barry's answer. He's the best.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teoriapostmoderna (View Post)
More than that, I loved Barry's answer. He's the best.
Yes.

And I feel like it's been a while since we've had the Kripke/Sheldon bully dynamic. ... This is his first appearance in season seven, isn't it? The last I'm remembering was The Tenure Turbulence, but that involved Leonard and Raj, too, not just Sheldon.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
Yes.

And I feel like it's been a while since we've had the Kripke/Sheldon bully dynamic. ... This is his first appearance in season seven, isn't it? The last I'm remembering was The Tenure Turbulence, but that involved Leonard and Raj, too, not just Sheldon.
I laughed a little too much at "The Wetwactor." But yeah, it's been a little while.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

Last time was in The Rothman Disintegration, maybe?

Old 12-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teoriapostmoderna (View Post)
Last time was in The Rothman Disintegration, maybe?
Yeah, that actually might've been the last time they faced off. I mean, they technically did at the beginning of 6.14 ("If this one's bwank, too, I'm going to be fuwious" ), but then were kinda buddies by the end of it. So for full episodes, that might have been their last one-on-one enemies stuff.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
Yeah, that actually might've been the last time they faced off. I mean, they technically did at the beginning of 6.14 ("If this one's bwank, too, I'm going to be fuwious" ), but then were kinda buddies by the end of it. So for full episodes, that might have been their last one-on-one enemies stuff.
I don't really consider 6.14 "facing off" in the way their other fights/bully sessions have been. That was based off of a professional collaboration, and the rest has been taunting.

Old 02-23-2014, 12:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

JRB ships it John Ross Bowie dot com • Shipke? Kreldon?
Reply   Post New Thread