Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Don't worry, I'm always picky about my name being spelled right, too. (Though I'm picky about all spelling. In case anyone didn't know. )

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for fixing it Nicole. Sorry about the spellingerror (I couldn`t fix it today I had temperature last night and didn`t feel good but now I feel better)

I´ve added you SHAMY Fan.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved it that these two had to work together again in Season 6! And Kripke believed everything Sheldon told him about Amy
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 06-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Master Fan

I love the scene where they're exchanging work and Sheldon keeps giving Kripke blank paper and how he goes, "If this one's bwank, too, I'm gonna be fuwious."
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah that was hilarious
Old 06-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
I love the scene where they're exchanging work and Sheldon keeps giving Kripke blank paper and how he goes, "If this one's bwank, too, I'm gonna be fuwious."
Yes. That made me crack up so much.

Old 06-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

My favorite bit is when Sheldon is trying to be kind of casually bashful with the dirty talk, body language and all, and failing soooo miserably, and Kripke somehow takes him seriously anyway. Ahh, Kripke. (I have a soft spot for him in general. In what episode does he mention the strip joint with the free buffet?)
No_Quarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Quarter (View Post)
My favorite bit is when Sheldon is trying to be kind of casually bashful with the dirty talk, body language and all, and failing soooo miserably, and Kripke somehow takes him seriously anyway. Ahh, Kripke. (I have a soft spot for him in general. In what episode does he mention the strip joint with the free buffet?)
I think it's The Rothman Disintegration.

And, yeah, especially in the tag, I loved how Kripke was still buying it all. And his quiet, "Do you guys evew use toys?"
Old 06-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And then his YOU'RE KILLING ME, COOPAH!

Old 07-06-2013, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah that was so amusing

and then the rest :

Sheldon: Can we get back to work?

Kripke: Sure, sure, sure. You guys ever use any toys?

Sheldon: Toys? I do have a model rocket next to my bed.

Kripke: A wocket? You’we a fweak! I wove it!
Old 07-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He was just so into that story. Probably too much.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah maybe
That was one of the best Sheldon/Kripke scenes They should do this more often
Old 09-25-2013, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

So, this is more Kripke related, but I couldn't find a Kripke thread, so I figured I'd just put this here (but if there's a better place, let me know, please! ). I guess this was brought on by the Emmys and the discussion of which comedies people like, like mockumentaries and that sort of thing, and I was analyzing my preferences for sitcoms, and ended up having a lot of Kripke feels by the end of it. I guess, I've found in mockumentaries (but also other comedies), they tend to start to go for whacky humour as they progress, with rather cartoonish side characters that just don't end up feeling dimensional to me. So that's why I prefer TBBT because they get humour through real moments, I find, and they create very real characters in my opinion. And Kripke, I thought, was a really perfect example of them succeeding there; given his speech impediment and his nemesis status with Sheldon (haha, I've tied it in with this thread!), he has many ingredients for coming off as cartoonish, yet he comes across as very real and tangible to me. Which also can be attributed to John Ross Bowie's great work, too. Thus, Kripke feels.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
So, this is more Kripke related, but I couldn't find a Kripke thread, so I figured I'd just put this here (but if there's a better place, let me know, please! ). I guess this was brought on by the Emmys and the discussion of which comedies people like, like mockumentaries and that sort of thing, and I was analyzing my preferences for sitcoms, and ended up having a lot of Kripke feels by the end of it. I guess, I've found in mockumentaries (but also other comedies), they tend to start to go for whacky humour as they progress, with rather cartoonish side characters that just don't end up feeling dimensional to me. So that's why I prefer TBBT because they get humour through real moments, I find, and they create very real characters in my opinion. And Kripke, I thought, was a really perfect example of them succeeding there; given his speech impediment and his nemesis status with Sheldon (haha, I've tied it in with this thread!), he has many ingredients for coming off as cartoonish, yet he comes across as very real and tangible to me. Which also can be attributed to John Ross Bowie's great work, too. Thus, Kripke feels.
This is very relevant here (this is definitely because of the Kripke Sheldon scenes) and I totally agree. He couldn't definitely be totally one dimensional, but while he's of course not nearly as developed as the main characters, he's not as one dimensional as he could be.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:58 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Couldn't agree more and that's a trend that I notice, too. This is a sitcom, but the approach here is much more down to earth/slice of life so that, even though characters have their idiosyncrasies (as everyone IRL), it makes them believable, more than anything, and it balances out with their more "serious" side.

Kripke is a very good example. Hats off to you.

teoriapostmoderna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread