Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I am really crossing my fingers for Mayim to stick for a long time . She and Jim have amazing chemistry and make Sheldon& Amy the cutest, dorky & nerdiest boy/friend/girl/friend relationship ever!
So well said! They really are adorable. I love seeing Sheldon act HomoNovusAffectionate. "Look at you, getting me to engage in the social sciences! You're a vixen, Amy Farrah Fowler."

Old 05-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Supreme Fan

Dude, Sheldon is gonna get laid before the series ends, yo. I'm watching a totally street movie right now..word!

☆Krys ☆
Old 05-08-2011, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh Cow, I hope not.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Supreme Fan

Oh BALLS...I think so.

☆Krys ☆
Old 05-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess he could if Amy proposes it as an experiment and makes a convincing argument. But it's a long time in coming.

And I still hope not.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I guess he could if Amy proposes it as an experiment and makes a convincing argument. But it's a long time in coming.

And I still hope not.
What about Penny? What about a dream sequence type thing?

☆Krys ☆
Old 05-08-2011, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sheldon's certianly never going to sleep with Penny in real life. And if it's a dream sequence he's not techinically getting laid. I may dream I have wings but that doesn't mean I actually do.

And I've never dreampt that. I'm just saying.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Absolute Fan

If Sheldon ever "gets some" I think it will be a couple more seasons till it happens. Anyway I think it would be fun to watch.

It would be cool if it happens with Amy that would make it even more ackward since none of them has done it before. They would search on the internet anf get it totally wrong hahah.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, haha that would be so awkward...or maybe not, since like you said, neither of them has done it. They'd probably do it wrong somehow. haha

Old 05-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

It may seem weird for many people, but, to me, it's like dancing for Sheldon. He has a working knowledge of everything, after all. Between the two of them, we may safely assume they have some kind of theorical knowledge (Sheldon actually boasted about it once).
Once they've decided that it's "geniuses mating season", they certainly will try, purely for reproduction of course (which might prove to be the problem, actually).
I totally see them going the logical way, reading a lot of books, and trying to make it... with obviously bad results, leading them to ask their friends about it.
Remember that Sheldon learned swimming in the living room, because he thinks skills are transferable... I'm actually already laughing at the idea of him explaining this to Leonard...
Old 05-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Yeah, haha that would be so awkward...or maybe not, since like you said, neither of them has done it. They'd probably do it wrong somehow. haha
They're scientists, you really think they'd do it wrong?

☆Krys ☆
Old 05-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by topherkraz78 (View Post)
They're scientists, you really think they'd do it wrong?
Oh I phrased that badly. I don't mean they'd do it wrong, I mean they'd probably have some sort of step-by-step procedure all worked out.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:10 PM
New Fan

Hello! Can I be added as well? It's testament to Mayim's and Jim's talent that an increasing number of fans are beginning to really like the Shamy, i think they handle it so deftly.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sure you can! One of our mods will be around later, she can add you no problem!

Yeah, they've really gained popularity, which is good, because I never want them to end.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:39 PM
New Fan

Thank you! YES I want them around forever as well.

Has anyone realised that in 'The Alien Parasite Hypothesis', as they're walking back from the pub and Amy takes Sheldon's hand, his hand immediately closes over hers? And then one second later he extends his fingers again and asks really calmly (especially bearing in mind this is Sheldon) what she's doing.

Also, despite him telling Penny 'he might have to let her go', he goes to the extent of calling up all the Zack Johnsons and even accompanies her to the pub, just so that her desires would be satisfied. Haha! So much for letting her go; the reluctance in his voice when he asked her, 'are you sure this is what you want to do?' and his subsequent 'please don't drag this out' just point to how much he doesn't want to let her go.

I think it's so sweet how he subtly shows how much he cares about her in his Sheldony but genuine way; he's also really patient with her during the whole 'Hoo-Zack' confusion in her lab. Moreover, in contrast to how he's never put in the effort to visit anyone during their work, he's right there in her territory accompanying her for lunch. It just goes to show how intellectually compatible they are, and how enjoyable and stimulating he finds her company.

The scene in her lab also seems to imply that Sheldon does have sexual urges -- when Amy expresses the potential for sexual arousal built into one's anatomy, he responds with, 'a cross we all must bear'. Furthermore, when they're walking back from the pub, he expresses his gladness that she's 'rejected her animal hind-brain and returned to the realm of pure intellect'... Maybe it's not that he's not 'afflicted with [sexual urges]' (as he put it in some other episode), but that he's simply rejecting his animal hind-brain.

It seems like a long shot that he'd reject his anytime soon though, and I'm perfectly happy with this. Just happy that the Shamy's chemistry keeps increasing and that the actors are portraying the slow evolutions of their characters (okay maybe Amy's wasn't that slow) with such nuance and acuity! It's as if they're growing as people, while retaining their fundamental character bases. It's also quite nice that their dynamic is so suitable and unique; while everyone else usually bears with Sheldon (lots of comic fodder here), she actually supports him in a lot of things, yet isn't afraid to challenge him on various levels. For example, it's so cute how excited she gets while playing his car game in 'The Love Car Displacement'! Haha.

I think Amy is good for Sheldon, especially now that her character isn't merely a female Sheldon facsimile. She's 'more similar to him than anyone he's ever met' (his own words ) but she seems to be slowwwwwwly drawing out deeper aspects of his character, and he's fine with that because she's along for the ride. Like Leonard said in 'The Zazzy Substitution', 'I think we have to entertain the possibility that the Shamy could go on for years'.

Oh man, sorry for rambling! I'm just happy to finally get all these thoughts out to like-minded people!

Last edited by I Like Soba; 05-08-2011 at 03:03 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread