Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Addicted Fan

The dumpling. I'm getting all kinds of warm delightful feelings inside.

Yes, Leonard and Penny are very good friends to him, they would always stand by him. But who else in the world would do that little thing for our Shelly? Think of him enough, care enough, to make that one inconsequential gesture? And he sincerely appreciated it. He knows she cares.

Would he do something like that for her? Open question..

I really liked how he was perfectly civil about her refusal. Even his protest was half in jest, and 'where's the magic gone' rang sweetly in my ears.. he recognizes that her work is more important than tending to his needs. Self-centered, clueless, immature Sheldon understands that. He also knows that she's sorry, and would help him if she could. It's just beautiful.

And last but not the least.. Penny's comment, the mild double-takes from the others, Leonard's amused knowing smile towards Sheldon, and Sheldon's glance of embarrassed, suspicious half-awareness. And the deliberate tease of not showing Amy's face in response to it.

Again, I don't have words for praising the sheer subtlety of direction and acting in that little moment. They just left us with a bit of holding-our-breaths again.. what exactly did Sheldon think? Feel? Analyze? ..Will there be repercussions? (Do we even want it?) But yes, he definitely understood.. that wasn't a look of cluelessness. And that's tantalizing enough, for now.

Quote:
Which reminds me that every time they are really mean to Sheldon it actually truly upsets me. (ie. The Electric Can Opener Fluctuation, The Large Hadron Collision, The Codpiece Topology....) I think a lot of that is because of his innocence and and, as Jim has noted, that he really has no idea when he hurts someone's feelings. That was a bit ot. sorry.
I have to say, there is only one time when I really felt they were mean to Sheldon, and that was TECOF. At other times, Sheldon himself was being bothersome enough to provoke reactions. They try to be good friends to him, but they're human too, at some point you can get irritated and take a stand even knowing that the other person doesn't mean badly.

Last edited by Pomita; 02-03-2012 at 04:14 PM
Old 02-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyele (View Post)
I agree with Jexx (Beautiful icon BTW ) You girls are incredible! great and interesting discussion for just a tiny little Shamyscene!

So cool to see new faces! mnelude, kirubreezy and..... Marisol! how is it that I've just noticing you are here, you awesome writer?
Welcome all to Shamydom!

And sorry for just coming to spazz instead of contributing to the conversation but.....

OMG! She saved him a dumpling!!!!!!

There's something unbelievable sweet in that simple gesture and tells a lot about Amy's feelings for Sheldon: he was not there, but she was thinking about him!

At the dumpling part, I secretly wanted Amy to feed him the dumpling - but alas it wasn't a Shamy episode.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Please, time, stop!
Lemme catch up for a moment. Gawd, Shamythreads are running in warp speed!
Alright, alright.

First of all, a great welcome to all newbies! Hope you'll have a warm and cozy time on this board and especially on this thread, because as you can read, the discussion here will set you on fire, in a very positive way of course. ;D Wow, and now we have a VIP joining us, Marisol. You have no idea, how much propaganda was going on here in time you've updated your Shamy-story. It was pretty intense, because we're all suckers of your stories. Sadly the feedback-quantity is not equipollent with the story quality. Meaning in the world of fanfiction and glorious minds, your 'paraphrased babies' are far to underrated, seriously! (Though I have to confess, I'm a professional lurker myself, shame on me, there's no excuse. But reading each chapter and the wait for another to pop up always marks to be an event, that brightened my, lately quite frequent occuring, cloudy days. Thank you so much, Ma'am! )

I can't respond on each contribution you guys already made, because it would take me weeks and probably degenerate the text box into an incalculable monster...
Nevertheless I received a flittering feeling while reading through all of your comments and permanently nodded in agreement, totally thrilled with the things you pointed out. And how they affirm most of my own cognitions.
Especially regarding the latest episode. Do agree with most of the outpointed statement, from 'awing' about Amy's concern and her caring determination to save Sheldon a dumpling. Those subliminal devotions are always the inducement to draw me even closer to my favorite shipper group, not only because it is absolutely rare and profound, a gesture covered in usualness, but with such a deep affectionateness that it is barely noticeable if you don't fully understand how the Shamy (or both participants as individuals) works...
What I personally assessed as very fascinating is the fact that Sheldon, with his apathetic Mysophobia, would sincerely accept the remaining dumpling Amy offered him. Without arguing and being insistent on an untouched dish for his own, since no one has the eligibility to put hands on his food, you would assume that this is most notably vice versa. But no expression of disgust or rejection against foreign salvia has drawn on his face (though he's twice familiar with her sweet mouth, doesn't me his antipathy against body fluids would decline abruptly ).
Anyway, it looks like the relationship with Amy is even so healthy to help him unclenching himself and foremost slowly overcome some of his fears (She helped him with the lovey-dovey issue too, and I guess the mail-man phobia was also semi-cured through her).
Just a small, maybe insignificant side-observation.

The confused, questioning and slightly abashed reaction Sheldon shows after Penny's comment - love it! You pretty much said everything, I have nothing to add there.

However, 'Soft Kitty' is a sensitive issue, indeed. Let me threw in my two cents here, because on the one hand I do endorse the attitude of the majority, but on the other I have to encourage Anjel's points as well. It is, or rather was from the start, a grown Sheldon/Penny peculiarity of course, and this special intimacy counts to those particular moments, which define their bond in an exceptional measure.
Confering it on the Shamy dynamic could not only agitate many S/P fans, but also takes away an important ('motherly') tie of mutual dependency between Sheldon and Penny. (I hope that was phrased properly enough, so you could understand what I'm indicating...otherwise it would be useless jibberjabber that I'm proceeding here. )
Nonetheless I would enjoy seeing Sheldon taking care of sick Amy, and maybe trying to comfort her by singing 'Soft Kitty' - and here is the other side of the medal. I don't think it is completely out of question or impossible to play a similar scene out and without destroying a S/P knurl. As long as Amy doesn't sing 'Soft Kitty' to Sheldon I would assume that it is acceptable...in relation to the fact, that Sheldon has learned to practice this kind of moral support in order to soothe illness and would not only consider it with one associated person (Penny), thus is not donnishly restricted on whom to do so. Beside we don't know how Amy would react upon this idiosyncratic action of him. Would she like it? Would she consider derisory? Would she beg him to stop the singing, because she has an aversion against it, just as Sheldon has with her harp playing?

We can't say concretely were the possibilities would lead us, but as long as they don't agree on announcing it to their special ritual, I'm fine to see a sequence acted out like this. Including 'Soft Kitty' and an out of a clear sky puzzled and unimpressed reaction part coming from Amy...

So, it's 1:29AM here, I better go to sleep now, my brain already screams to shut it. Hopefully the whole post up there ^ hasn't become to illogical at all. >.<

Edit: And a HUGE SORRY to all the ambitious posters up there I've completely and unintentionally ignored. ^-^' Will try to catch that up tomorrooow. Way too powerless right now.

Last edited by CinnamonHummingbird; 02-03-2012 at 06:05 PM
Old 02-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomita (View Post)
I have to say, there is only one time when I really felt they were mean to Sheldon, and that was TECOF. At other times, Sheldon himself was being bothersome enough to provoke reactions. They try to be good friends to him, but they're human too, at some point you can get irritated and take a stand even knowing that the other person doesn't mean badly.
Oh I don't believe any of them ever intentionally try to hurt him. An I do certainly understand their irritation It's very easy for them to forget that he really doesn't mean to be an ass. I think maybe I'm just to overprotective of Sheldon in a way (I truly don't even know how to process that odd fact.) It just makes me all sad when he's upset

Then I get like this:
"And you want me to kill her? Done!" haha. Oh Amy

Edit:
Quote:
I agree with Jexx (Beautiful icon BTW ) You girls are incredible! great and interesting discussion for just a tiny little Shamyscene!
Thanks! I made it. Couldn't decide be tween this and another one.

Last edited by Jexx; 02-03-2012 at 05:57 PM
Old 02-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Addicted Fan

I just have to copy-quote a youtube comment by someone (it might be one of you). It's a priceless Shamy comment.

'May I add a random notice: Amy is really getting prettier and prettier with each episode! Looks like the - to quote her - "not-to-flaunt happy relationship" with Sheldon warms her deeply inside and vice versa spreads sweet sunshine outwardly, even through her body. Hell, I'm not meaning that she wasn't beautiful beforehand, but now it shows more obviously, right? Or am I the only one observing this? (Mhmmm...at least a Shamy-addict can dream.)'

(by someone called Nipponsherry)

I quite agree with her.. Amy was looking flushed and pretty, when she talked of saving the dumpling.

Quote:
I think maybe I'm just to overprotective of Sheldon in a way (I truly don't even know how to process that odd fact.) It just makes me all sad when he's upset.
Oh, I feel the same (and you're right it's odd).. it's just that endearing innocent quality he has, and seeming so cluelessly vulnerable sometimes. Judging from the chorus of 'aww's when Sheldon walked in wet and unwell in TRR, we're not alone in this.

Last edited by Pomita; 02-03-2012 at 07:10 PM
Old 02-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey Girls, remember that E!online poll? Our Shamy has advanced to the third round!
(When was the second one? ) I see our other two couples are no longer in the contest , so, let's help S/A advance at least another round!

TV's Top Couples Tournament: Vote in Round Three! - E! Online

Edit: And I agree completely with that comment you posted Pomita, it's something very subtle, but Amy is getting prettier with each episode

Last edited by Rockyele; 02-03-2012 at 06:48 PM
Old 02-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Hey Girls, remember that E!online poll? Our Shamy has advanced to the third round!
(When was the second one? ) I see our other two couples are no longer in the contest , so, let's help S/A advance at least another round!

TV's Top Couples Tournament: Vote in Round Three! - E! Online

Edit: And I agree completely with that comment you posted Pomita, it's something very subtle, but Amy is getting prettier with each episode
Thanks for bringing it to our attention!
I am currently very unsatisfied with the results (all of them)

I think that I already said that very thing about Amy getting prettier with each episode, but I can't remember if it was here or another thread lol.

But nonetheless I couldn't agree more
Old 02-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Addicted Fan

It's awesome that they reached the third round. They seem t be trailing in this one so far, let's keep voting!
Old 02-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Addicted Fan

Jexx, I think your "Amy is pretty in this episode" post is posted it here. Or was in the Mayim Thread? I think I'm now confused too! Haha. Anyway, I agree. She is very blooming there. I dunno if it really was intended in the show or is it just Mayim herself, eminating beauty? I say both. About the poll, I totally forgot about it! I know the Shamy does not believe online polls are something to base facts on but it is nice to let them advance to the next round! Hi Cindy <3 Those are exactly my points.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Whoa... I cannot keep up with you guys! So much going on!!!

Just quickly - for all those who commented on my fan fic thank you heaps, was muchly appreciated!

I am just about to watch the ep again... so excited! The look that he gives Penny is so interesting, I honestly believe that he knows exactly what she is talking about, and is just trying to process a response. Very funny, loved it.

My boyfriend is a massive TBBT fan too (also a Shamy shipper - go him ) and is now making me watch season one again (though I'm finding it feels empty without Amy ) and I must say - Sheldon talks about sex a lot more than I remember! I've only been a TBBT fan for a couple of months; it's only just started to become popular over here (everyone loves it now though!) and we raced through season one so fast that I hardly remember it... looking back - holy cow! I recall reading somewhere that someone commented that the writers obviously began to alter Sheldon's character as it developed; I disagree, I think they've just played down the talk about sex as much. He is certainly an 'innocent' little thing at times... though he certainly knows precisely what's going on!

I haven't been able to completely catch up on the conversation regarding 'Soft Kitty'... so my apologies if I repeat something someone's already said. It's an interesting one... I certainly agree that it has been a thing that Penny and Sheldon share... and it is unique to them... although I'm going to be the odd one out and say I don't have an issue with him sharing it with Amy. Ultimately, it was a comforting song his mother would sing to him when he was younger, he requested Penny sing it when he was ill, and there's no reason why he wouldn't request any of the group to sing it should he need it. I think eventually he will teach it to Amy. We shall see!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can hardly keep up either! These past few days I've just been skimming to make sure no one is breaking any rules. But I'm sure there is some really deep insightful Shamy discussion happening.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLauren (View Post)
Whoa... I cannot keep up with you guys! So much going on!!!

Just quickly - for all those who commented on my fan fic thank you heaps, was muchly appreciated!

I am just about to watch the ep again... so excited! The look that he gives Penny is so interesting, I honestly believe that he knows exactly what she is talking about, and is just trying to process a response. Very funny, loved it.

My boyfriend is a massive TBBT fan too (also a Shamy shipper - go him ) and is now making me watch season one again (though I'm finding it feels empty without Amy ) and I must say - Sheldon talks about sex a lot more than I remember! I've only been a TBBT fan for a couple of months; it's only just started to become popular over here (everyone loves it now though!) and we raced through season one so fast that I hardly remember it... looking back - holy cow! I recall reading somewhere that someone commented that the writers obviously began to alter Sheldon's character as it developed; I disagree, I think they've just played down the talk about sex as much. He is certainly an 'innocent' little thing at times... though he certainly knows precisely what's going on!
Like the comment about his functional and aesthetically pleasing genitals? (which kind of still confuses me to this day)

Read your latest chapter. Loved it & cannot wait for more!
It's currently one of the few I get really excited for (also I did comment)
Old 02-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Regarding season 1, there are fans who doesn't consider the things that were mentioned there to be officially canon since most of those clashes with the established setting from season 2 onwards. But I agree that they kind of toned down on the sex jokes the next season. Oh, and may I just mention this since it's been mentioned in the other thread, by taking Sheldon to the dentist, does that mean she will be taking him there by going with him by public transport or does she own a car?
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLauren (View Post)
Isn't it great to have a boyfriend with great taste Lauren?

Now that you mention this, last season, in TBF, Sheldon was all ready to pimp out Leonard and was very specific about the stuff Leo would have to do and would need for the task, yet, just a few episodes later, he was unable to catch that second pun in her conversation with Amy in THGG, and was also clueless about what had supposedly happened between Penny and Raj

I don't really know, I guess he is at his most innocent when it comes to sexual innuendos trown casually, out of context, he doesn't catch them immediately as the others do

And I have to agree with you regarding the soft kitty issue, while it is fundamentally a motherly thing, something between his mom and him and later Penny, as his closest female figure when he asked her to sing to him. Now, he has a girlfriend, and he wants her to take care of him and cater his needs. I don't think he is so convinced that nobody else is entitled to sing him when sick but his mom or Penny.
It's not that I'm rooting for the scenario to happen, I'm all for Shamy to develop their own stuff, their own comforting song/method included, it's just that I'm pretty sure the SK think will arise somehow in the future.
Dedicated Fan

I can't believe the Shamy advanced so far in the poll! Not that it isn't awesome, just that I am surprised that so many people are supporting our couple. The miniscule (though increasing!) number of Shamy fics in relation to other ships sometimes makes me think that we are a much lower percentage than we seem to be. Also, I'm impressed that a platonic 'relationship of the minds' is beating the pants off of so many traditional couples...fascinating.

But now we're up against Booth/Brennan...I'm worried. They have a huge fanbase--I know, up until the widely overused Cam storyline I used to be part of it--so I think we all need to try and contribute votes if we can. Now that we're so close, I want Team HomoNovus to take home the gold!

Icon by BlackWhiteRose
Closed Thread   Post New Thread