Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2015, 04:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyBerry (View Post)
I'm having a hard time comprehending your choice of favourite episode but okay

My fave so far is definitively The Bachelor Party Corrosion
*Dale voice* I don't understand it either.
The whole Shamy situation has not put me in the mood for light-hearted fun, I suppose, although it was nice to get some of that last week. The real, emotional moments from the premiere are sticking in my mind.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:53 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
*Dale voice* I don't understand it either.
The whole Shamy situation has not put me in the mood for light-hearted fun, I suppose, although it was nice to get some of that last week. The real, emotional moments from the premiere are sticking in my mind.
I understand what you are saying here perfectly Vicky

The whole Shamy breakup and the whole dynamic right now is keeping all of us on edge and makes it rather difficult to just sit back and enjoy the light, funny episodes.

I guess my main issue right now is how badly the breakup is being handled There's no info as to why Amy wanted to breakup in the first place (in 8.24) and their friends don't even bother trying to find that out. They just accept the new status quo like nothing This breakup also means no more ensemble episodes and no more group dinners

I know that's just the writers wanting to drag things out and of course that just makes me even more annoyed.
IcyBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyBerry (View Post)

My fave so far is definitively The Bachelor Party Corrosion
For sure. The first two eps weren't bad per se, but it wasn't until TBPC that I was like "oh my god, this is my show, this is the show I recognize and the show I fell in love with."

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
For sure. The first two eps weren't bad per se, but it wasn't until TBPC that I was like "oh my god, this is my show, this is the show I recognize and the show I fell in love with."
Same. I love how the characters have grown over the years and are in relationships, but I watch it for the comedy between everyone, not the drama.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

These last two posts are likely summaries of our next podcast ep.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
These last two posts are likely summaries of our next podcast ep.
Ha, just about!
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 03:40 PM
New Fan

This season is not so much about drama, or at least it didn't feel too heavy during the first 2 episodes and was really well handled as a mean to develop characters. The comedy is there, I don't think I had 2 episodes in a row during which I laughed so much during last season at least.
FanDC85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanDC85 (View Post)
This season is not so much about drama, or at least it didn't feel too heavy during the first 2 episodes and was really well handled as a mean to develop characters. The comedy is there, I don't think I had 2 episodes in a row during which I laughed so much during last season at least.
I agree. I'm really enjoying this season.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 04:06 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm still feeling kinda mixed when I think about it On one hand, the Shamy situation is keeping on a rollercoaster of emotions but on the other hand, the comedy this season has definitively been stronger than last season and upon watching, I've laughed a lot and felt very happy with the past three episodes

I feel like I'll only be able to enjoy this season to its fullest potential once I see my OTP reunite before it's too late
Old 10-16-2015, 04:14 PM
Master Fan

I like the season so far but I agree about the Shamy rollercoaster. On the other side, I'm a fan of emotional rollercoasters

My only complaint is, that they are doing nothing out of Amys storyline. I have expexcted more. It's 4 episodes into season 9, and we don't know more than we knew after the season finale.

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
I like the season so far but I agree about the Shamy rollercoaster. On the other side, I'm a fan of emotional rollercoasters

My only complaint is, that they are doing nothing out of Amys storyline. I have expexcted more. It's 4 episodes into season 9, and we don't know more than we knew after the season finale.
Totally agree with you here. It feels almost like they are using the break-up as an excuse to limit Amy's screen time, when they could be using it to do a very Amy-centered show.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 04:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)

That's my biggest complaint

They're still only focusing on Sheldon's side of things when there's been several opportunities to get some insight into Amy's feelings

It's making it quite hard for some people to sympathize with Amy because we don't know what she's feeling. They could make a great story about Amy struggling to find out what she wants but they're not going there. In fact, from what we've seen, she seems much more keen on moving on.
Old 10-16-2015, 04:32 PM
Master Fan

It's hard for me too to sympathize with her right now. What is going on in her mind, why did she break up, why is she so cold, withdrawn and quiet, what is she feeling right now, what does she want.

If getting earrings is the only accomplishment she got from that break, than I'm disappointd. Then that whole storyline was useless. Come on writers, you can do better. Right now the Amy we get is boring and replacable

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 04:40 PM
Ultimate Fan

If we never get Amy's side of things, even after they reconcile, then I guess we'll just have to accept that the writers just see her as a prop to further Sheldon's development
Old 10-17-2015, 01:26 AM
Master Fan

Agree with most of what has been said about Amy. Was thinking about this a few days ago. Yes, what's happening with Sheldon is fascinating, but what must be going on with Amy is at least as fascinating. She's broken up with the person she loves, and is trying to make sense of what she wants. I think her motivations are complex and there must be so many complicated emotions we could explore with an Amy-focused storyline.

I hope the writers are not scared of making the most of this incredible character they've created. She isn't one of the main 3 or even first 5, but as the girlfriend of Sheldon she is inevitably very central. And besides that, she herself is such an unusual, funny, interesting and well-played character that she deserves more storylines centred on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanDC85 (View Post)
I guess you're not a Shamy shipper! Hello and welcome!

For me, every season so far has been better than the one before, but I can't make sense of this season yet. I've every hope it will turn out brilliant, but I can't offer thoughts on how good it is at the moment with all the Shamy confusion and emotions swirling around.
Reply   Post New Thread