Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2016, 05:35 PM
Ultimate Fan

Jessica's article/interview with Mayim has arrived!

http://www.glamour.com/entertainment...eals-what-it-w

Warning: Mild spoilers at the end regarding the next episode
IcyBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
We're going to have to discuss this fully in the Shamy thread after the episode airs!
The only question now is whether it's worth trying to stay up and watch it live, seeing as all I've got is one barely-working stream. I might have to save it until tomorrow and watch with a nice clear picture and without interruptions.

Also, what's the betting he's talking to the computer, not Amy?
Quote:
I'm betting on Amy
Looks like everyone's a winner! Such a good episode. Sheldon was able to share something personal with Amy and she was thoughtful enough to not judge or dismiss the significance of all those things and why he hangs on to them. I myself know the feeling, there are a thousand things I wish I still had even though I might not need them. Going to see the movie and lying was such old school Leonard and Howard. Admitting it and making nice is the mature Leonard and Howard. Scheming to trap the guys is classic Penny and Bernie. Forgiving and accepting (also participating in their hubby's work) is the grown up Penny and Bernie. A+ in my book.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:52 PM
Supreme Fan

Good episode. Loved the lab stuff the most.

The specs of Sheldon's new laptop are questionable, though. I mean, 4k resolution and 1TB SSD hard drive? For an Alienware laptop, this is at least $3000-4000 (I can't even find one with comparable specs). You go, Amy!
Old 03-31-2016, 06:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

The episode was so great. The Shamy storyline was nice with Amy saying that she would accept Sheldon for his hoarding. The other storyline was cute too. The guys were at the lab and their wives visited them. The stuff that happened was really fun too and the resolution for it. I so wanted to join Leonard and Howard for the advanced screening of Suicide Squad. The trailer looked frigging amazing.
loverofallnerdythings394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
Going to see the movie and lying was such old school Leonard and Howard. Admitting it and making nice is the mature Leonard and Howard. Scheming to trap the guys is classic Penny and Bernie. Forgiving and accepting (also participating in their hubby's work) is the grown up Penny and Bernie. A+ in my book.
Old Sheldon being a secret hoarder, and grow up Sheldon able to share it
good point Captain, I love how they show the evolution of each character individually, and each couple.

Good funny episode
~Laurence~
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 02:28 AM
Master Fan

Good episode. Great Shamy story and development. The only thing that detracted from it for me was being scooped. There wasn't a thing that happened in the Shamy story that I didn't know was coming, so it inevitably lost impact. I also felt, while I was watching, that the Shamy dialogue could've been a lot more subtle; but then I realised that is characteristic of how they communicate - very direct and to the point, which I like about them. I think it is just that I was hoping for something more to discover over and above what I was already expecting.

A little disappointed the girls and Raj didn't make the boys pay for skipping off to the cinema. Enjoyed Raj this episode. Felt sorry for him at the end, but I bet he rubbed his junk on their science stuff after they all left him.

Thanks for the article link, Jane.

ETA
I also think it was a great decision to have Sheldon turn out to be a hoarder - it fits so perfectly with what we know about him, and yet is still something completely new.
The interesting thing is that he is ashamed of this. That's completely different from how he thinks about all his other obsessive-compulsive type habits: he's proud of his schedules and organising and contracts, etc. He doesn't even feel embarrassed about his door knocking, although in recent seasons he's shown a little more self-consciousness about it. In a way it's a surprise he hasn't found a way to rationalise and justify his hoarding in his mind; I think that must be because of the emotional root cause (the thing that starts with butterflies and ends with dinosaurs. ) Anyway, this makes it extra interesting.

Last edited by Whimsical Elf; 04-01-2016 at 03:33 AM
Whimsical Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 04:35 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
ETA
I also think it was a great decision to have Sheldon turn out to be a hoarder - it fits so perfectly with what we know about him, and yet is still something completely new.
The interesting thing is that he is ashamed of this. That's completely different from how he thinks about all his other obsessive-compulsive type habits: he's proud of his schedules and organising and contracts, etc. He doesn't even feel embarrassed about his door knocking, although in recent seasons he's shown a little more self-consciousness about it. In a way it's a surprise he hasn't found a way to rationalise and justify his hoarding in his mind; I think that must be because of the emotional root cause (the thing that starts with butterflies and ends with dinosaurs. ) Anyway, this makes it extra interesting.
Great observation Vicky

And sorry you got spoiled for this great episode
Old 04-01-2016, 04:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyBerry (View Post)
Great observation Vicky

And sorry you got spoiled for this great episode
I wasn't exactly spoiled - only that the secret was he was a hoarder, which I think was guessable from the promo pics. It was the official teasers and interviews which basically gave everything away.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:42 AM
Ultimate Fan

Oh ok, yeah they should really save all the interviews for after the episode
Old 04-01-2016, 06:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyBerry (View Post)
Oh ok, yeah they should really save all the interviews for after the episode
I know, right? I don't get it.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:01 AM
Master Fan

I just wondered if they are spreading hints concerning Raj "And he is back in the closet"

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
I just wondered if they are spreading hints concerning Raj "And he is back in the closet"
They have been spreading those hints from the beginning of the series.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
They have been spreading those hints from the beginning of the series.
Yes after I wrote it, I realized it too

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:40 AM
Master Fan

So we could probably start an entire thread/game dedicated to things in Sheldon's storage locker that have appeared throughout the series. I noticed his paintball helmet covered in leaves, his train conductor hat. So many feels.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
So we could probably start an entire thread/game dedicated to things in Sheldon's storage locker that have appeared throughout the series. I noticed his paintball helmet covered in leaves, his train conductor hat. So many feels.
Oh, wow! I didn't notice anything. All I was thinking was where's the puck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
I had the same thought. You never know - we don't seem to be getting anywhere with him dating women.
Reply   Post New Thread