Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2015, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule 34 (View Post)
I wondered if anyone else would notice the potential for a Sheldon/Dave crackship, lol

This episode was really good. I normally hate the idea of Sheldon or Amy dating other people but all it really did was illustrate that these other people just won't do. It was a very lighthearted way of going about things.

Penny and Bernadette were funny too. It's cute to see how unchanged Leonard and Penny are. Marriage seems to be suiting them just fine.
^all of this.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 09:22 AM
Master Fan

Did you notice during the part with the soulful eyes of a cow, after Raj says Ooh, that is Jim on the verge of cracking up. He is grinning and it's not a Sheldon grin.

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 09:23 AM
Ultimate Fan

Oooh, I'll have to rewatch that part
IcyBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 12:45 PM
Total Fan

I loved the episode a lot!

I was skeptical of Dave but he was hilarious

I agree with Rae in that I like how Sheldon recognized that Howard and Raj are the reason Amy was in his life. I've been waiting for a scene like that for a while

Overall, I really liked this episode and I'm looking forward to next week at the aquarium

~ Katie
What's a hickey? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

I'm so happy everyone seems to love Dave!!! (And Stephen Merchant!)
Haven't been able to rewatch the episode yet, and really for the first time this season I can't wait to do that. Definitely the most watchable/enjoyable episode of season 9 so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyBerry (View Post)
I still feel that it is OOC for Sheldon especiallu to seek out a new girlfriend as a way to move on. In Zazzy Substitution, he tried to move on by getting a bunch of cats, which was funny and quirky, something you'd expect of him. It's kinda weird for him to try to date others like that because he was someone who was absolutely uninterested in romance and dating anyone until he met Amy, and even that came with a lot of hesitance at first...But thankfully the writers did not cross a line and kept him true to his love of rules in the end . And hypothetically, even if Vanessa did arrive on time, I'm sure that the writers would've just had Sheldon come up with another trivial excuse to have him reject her. They have Rules of Funny to follow after all. Plus I hope/think that they know that Sheldon doesn't really want to date anybody other than Amy
Yeah. There was no way she was even getting in the door. I'm so relieved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
Good to know. To my ears his accent felt "light", like sometimes it was there and sometimes it wasn't. Which I've noticed before there are accents in Britain that do that...at least to me. Anyway.
I thought that too. I think it's fair to say that a lot of British people speak within a range of accents, depending on the situation. I know I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpm (View Post)
I totally enjoyed this episode. We got to see Amy's POV, although I have always felt it was there all along. Sheldon is coming to the realization he was difficult in the relationship. Yes, he wanted Amy to show up at the door and even my husband who was watching with me, said that he thought it could be Amy on the other side of the door. However, that was not to be.

Stephen Merchant was quite funny. I wish he could have a recurring part on the show. He was so good last night -- a fanboy of Sheldon and even Leonard.

Bernadette was also quite cute in the episode. Loved her spy equipment.
Ooh! Maybe that's how he could come back! Going to their presentations and conferences, looking for an autograph/selfie. Maybe he'll eventually end up with a restraining order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
Did you notice during the part with the soulful eyes of a cow, after Raj says Ooh, that is Jim on the verge of cracking up. He is grinning and it's not a Sheldon grin.
Didn't notice. Will have to check that!
Old 11-14-2015, 01:53 PM
Extreme Fan

I loved this episode--stem to stern!

So much fun and interesting developments.

I loved the Dave stuff, including the pee-pee handshake with Leonard!

I love that Sheldon wasn't really looking for a new girlfriend--but was looking for a new woman he could ignore. It does say that he recognizes that his behavior with Amy was not what it should have been.

And Amy once again expressed her frustration with Sheldon and even though she didn't want to talk about him with her new date, she also resisted any temptation to rant about him or say that she was sick of him or anything truly negative.

And the "spies" were great. I love when Bernie asked, "Why did you bring him?" and when Penny said that she had to because they were married, Bernie said something like "I hear you" or whatever.

Jim Parsons read my poem on UK radio!
phantagrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 02:14 PM
Master Fan

Sorry Susanne, I don't think that's a Jim laugh after that line. Looks like one of Sheldon's coy smiles to me.

So, does anyone know what Vanessa said to Sheldon in Klingon and Sanskrit? Very curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantagrae (View Post)
I loved this episode--stem to stern!

So much fun and interesting developments.

I loved the Dave stuff, including the pee-pee handshake with Leonard!

I love that Sheldon wasn't really looking for a new girlfriend--but was looking for a new woman he could ignore. It does say that he recognizes that his behavior with Amy was not what it should have been.

And Amy once again expressed her frustration with Sheldon and even though she didn't want to talk about him with her new date, she also resisted any temptation to rant about him or say that she was sick of him or anything truly negative.

And the "spies" were great. I love when Bernie asked, "Why did you bring him?" and when Penny said that she had to because they were married, Bernie said something like "I hear you" or whatever.
Yeah, I loved that line!

Good point about Amy not ranting about Sheldon, which I hadn't thought about.

I also liked Bernie's spying bit as she walked past the window, which I didn't even look at the first time I watched, I was so intent on Amy and Dave.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
Sorry Susanne, I don't think that's a Jim laugh after that line. Looks like one of Sheldon's coy smiles to me.
Yeah, you could be right, I wasn't so sure either after I watched it for the second time.
Quote:
So, does anyone know what Vanessa said to Sheldon in Klingon and Sanskrit? Very curious.
here is the transcript of the episode
09x08 - The Mystery Date Observation - The Big Bang Theory Transcripts - Forever Dreaming

but I haven't searched for the translation yet

~Susanne ~
Old 11-14-2015, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

Thanks, Susanne!

The bit from the 9.07 recap - apparently "Kup fun-tor ha'kiv na'ish du stau" - seems to mean, "Can you return life to what you kill?"

But I couldn't find anything for the other bits.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:52 PM
Master Fan

What I liked of the Howard/Raj/Sheldon storyline, was that they spend the whole day together with only some small teasing. Sheldon took them seriously and R/H didn't make fun of him. They all actually had a great day with and lot of fun with making that game.

~Susanne ~
Old 11-14-2015, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

I finally could rewatch the episode.

I love the beginning with the newlywed couple and their roommate acting like a reel happy family. They seem to have find a comfortable zone of living together.

Spy Bernadette was really fun also, I like when she's that little scary. It's so her

And Dave was great and funny as a fan of Sheldon andLeonard ; it's not that frequent to see a positive appreciation of Dr Hofstadter
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dave was funny as a Sheldon Cooper fan boy
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I watched this episode on Monday and was going to post my thoughts about it but was too tired, now I've kind of forgotten what happened.

Dave was hilarious, but I don't blame Amy for finding him a little overbearing with him being such a big fan of Sheldon. Bernadette cracked me up in this episode with spying on Amy and Dave. When she kept sneaking past the window.

….That's all I can remember. I'll have to rewatch the episode.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This one was on tonight - I forgot how hilarious it was and how much I love Dave.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can´t believe I didn`t write my review until now.

It was a fun episode.

Dave is awesome! Loved his fanboying for Sheldon and Leonard Poor Amy had to listen to Dave all fanboying over Sheldon

And that Vanessa who won the contest from Sheldon kinda looked like Penny (A little taller than her but whatever. Oh and the actress was already on the show in the The Panty Piñata Polarization in Season 2 and I found out that the lady was on Americas Next Topmodel. Yeah she looks like a model sure.)
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread