Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2015, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

I'm a little disappointed by the car scenes, I hopped more fun. But Dave was great
I missed the tag scene, but OMG Leonard in the promo for next week !!
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:40 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood (View Post)
I missed the tag scene, but OMG Leonard in the promo for next week !!
Damn it, I closed the stream too early.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
Great episode!

The second that woman showed up late, I knew Sheldon wouldn't let her in.

And Dave was hilarious! Almost makes me a little bummed we won't see him again just to watch him fangirl.

And interesting to see that Bernadette and Howard have a lot more in common when it comes to spying on significant others and using high tech equipment than we realized.

Loved all the little teasing nods to Leonard and Penny being married. And "You're a weird little guy."

I also just really loved the way Raj, Howard, and Sheldon went about developing the test and wanting to make it like a social experiment.
Rules are rules! And I love that it became just a game for the three of them and never felt in the slightest about actually finding Sheldon a girlfriend.

After all my angsting about this episode, the car stuff didn't even need to be the light relief, since the Sheldon/Amy scenes were funny in themselves and actually gave us some useful information - although at the beginning I did have to just shake my head and ignore most of what Sheldon said. But Dave stole it for me! I wonder what Americans make of his accent. Does it add to his geekiness for you guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileXxX (View Post)
Damn it, I closed the stream too early.
You missed some sexy stuff!
Old 11-12-2015, 06:51 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
You missed some sexy stuff!
Oh, I like sexy stuff.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Ok, this episode was really good! I love Dave, too, although obviously not for Amy to date, but just as an overall character.

Raj & Howard were pretty funny in this one. As well as Bernadette! She certainly stole the scenes with Lenny.

"I am a bit of a unicorn." I told my bestie (who is a huge TBBT fan but isn't on the forum sadly) that I'm going to have to use this line in conversation somewhere.

Quote:
I wonder what Americans make of his accent. Does it add to his geekiness for you guys?
I love any and all British accents! I am curious what region his accent is, though, because it sounded downplayed, and not like standard RP. I still have no skills at determining whether someone is from Yorkshire, Cornwall, Liverpool, etc. based on their accent alone.
Anglophile79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 12:11 AM
Master Fan

OMG, what a episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I'm thinking Dave should go online and take Sheldon's girlfriend quiz!
New crackship Dave and Sheldon - Daldon

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 12:45 AM
Master Fan

Daldon! OMG!
Or Shave!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglophile79 (View Post)
Ok, this episode was really good! I love Dave, too, although obviously not for Amy to date, but just as an overall character.

Raj & Howard were pretty funny in this one. As well as Bernadette! She certainly stole the scenes with Lenny.

"I am a bit of a unicorn." I told my bestie (who is a huge TBBT fan but isn't on the forum sadly) that I'm going to have to use this line in conversation somewhere.

I love any and all British accents! I am curious what region his accent is, though, because it sounded downplayed, and not like standard RP. I still have no skills at determining whether someone is from Yorkshire, Cornwall, Liverpool, etc. based on their accent alone.
He's from the West Country - probably Gloucestershire like Simon Pegg. It's not that obvious, but listen out for the r and ou sounds as in teacher and out or about. It definitely adds to the nerdiness for me ( no offence to anyone from the lovely West Country or their cute accents!)
Old 11-13-2015, 01:53 AM
Master Fan

perhaps we can hook up Dave with Mandy Than we would both have back und Dave could kiss a girl who once kissed the great Leonard Hofstadter who is friends with THE Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Or a spin-off - I want a "Dandy"-Spin-off

~Susanne ~
Old 11-13-2015, 03:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Daldon! OMG!
Or Shave!!!

He's from the West Country - probably Gloucestershire like Simon Pegg. It's not that obvious, but listen out for the r and ou sounds as in teacher and out or about. It definitely adds to the nerdiness for me ( no offence to anyone from the lovely West Country or their cute accents!)
Ah, thanks, Vicky!
Anglophile79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 04:48 AM
Ultimate Fan

Ok time to post my thoughts on the episode

I thought that overall, it was pretty good. I LOL several times and found the story entertaining as a whole.

Now where can I start...Oh yes.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

There are simply no words to describe how much I love that man I just adore how he's so in love with Sheldon and by extension Leonard as well The way he shook his hand... (Team Shave )

Pretty much every line he said got a laugh out of me

Bernadette was really great in this episode too! I loved how she had all those spy equipments in her car and how she'd disguise herself to film the date as if it wasn't creepy. It's amazing how she still believes herself to be a "harmless little girl".

Now onto the Sheldon/Raj/Howard story. I was amused by how R/H were treating their whole task as a game and a social experiment. The best line was still when Sheldon said that he had the "soulful eyes of a cow" and Raj's reaction "Oh" I was also amused by how Sheldon thought that Jennifer Lawrence was gonna be the one to show up Other than that, I love how the girl Sheldon described was basically Amy

Ok, I think I've covered all the parts that I liked, now onto the more critical part...

While I was not at all bothered by the way the story was executed, I'm still pretty disappointed in the writers that they've decided to toy with the whole "dating other people" thing. You'd think that they might've done something more original and quirky for Shamy but noooo they've gone ahead and played with what most ordinary couples do to move on...

I still feel that it is OOC for Sheldon especiallu to seek out a new girlfriend as a way to move on. In Zazzy Substitution, he tried to move on by getting a bunch of cats, which was funny and quirky, something you'd expect of him. It's kinda weird for him to try to date others like that because he was someone who was absolutely uninterested in romance and dating anyone until he met Amy, and even that came with a lot of hesitance at first...But thankfully the writers did not cross a line and kept him true to his love of rules in the end . And hypothetically, even if Vanessa did arrive on time, I'm sure that the writers would've just had Sheldon come up with another trivial excuse to have him reject her. They have Rules of Funny to follow after all. Plus I hope/think that they know that Sheldon doesn't really want to date anybody other than Amy

Now about Amy...I was glad to see her actually have a speaking part this time but unfortunately she was still pretty dull in her appearance. I'm still having a hard time recognising the quirky, blunt, socially awkward girl I love/loved This is so sad...I was hoping that when describing Sheldon she might've looked maybe happier? or wistful? That would've been more heart-warming than her simply being reluctant to speak of Sheldon. Am I asking for too much here? Nah I don't think I am

Once again to the writers:

IcyBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I enjoyed the ep a lot. OH EM GEE I LOVE DAVE.

I was also intrigued at the woman who came to see Sheldon. Obviously not as a gf for him but as a character, from what we saw of her I thought she was very interesting.

Bernie with all her spy equipment, Penny digging it, Leonard being mildly horrified. great ep IMO.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:08 AM
Master Fan

Dave was fangirling about Sheldon like probably everyone of us would react when somebody told us they are friends with Jim

~Susanne ~
Old 11-13-2015, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
Dave was fangirling about Sheldon like probably everyone of us would react when somebody told us they are friends with Jim
You'd need it to be Melissa for me to fangirl like that.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Daldon! OMG!
Or Shave!!!

Good to know. To my ears his accent felt "light", like sometimes it was there and sometimes it wasn't. Which I've noticed before there are accents in Britain that do that...at least to me. Anyway.

This episode is my favorite of the season so far. I laughed A TON, especially at Dave! Amy's reaction to their date, Dave being a total fanboy. Toooo funny.

One thing I do like though is that in a round-about way, Sheldon acknowledged that Raj and Howard were responsible for his finding Amy, because he sought their help in finding him someone new to date, so.... that. And thank the good lord that Sheldon slammed the door in her face.
Musickat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 09:06 AM
New Fan

I wondered if anyone else would notice the potential for a Sheldon/Dave crackship, lol

This episode was really good. I normally hate the idea of Sheldon or Amy dating other people but all it really did was illustrate that these other people just won't do. It was a very lighthearted way of going about things.

Penny and Bernadette were funny too. It's cute to see how unchanged Leonard and Penny are. Marriage seems to be suiting them just fine.
Rule 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread