Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2010, 02:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetch (View Post)
I find Howard and Raj just as funny as Sheldon, but I guess that's the minority opinion.
I find them all funny when they get a chance, but can I say that I miss single Howard. I am not enjoying the Howard in a relationship, I loved the old Howard and Raj antics. it isn't the same for me
LostInTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetch (View Post)
I find Howard and Raj just as funny as Sheldon, but I guess that's the minority opinion.
Raj/Kunal is adorable and funny too. Howard/Simon was the funniest character for me from the beginning. Now he is being downplayed. I'm not sure why. Simon has terrific comical gift.

Quote:
But it doesn't really help that LP and HB are together because they don't give them individual plots, they rather show them together. Penny has hardly any scenes without Leonard, that's what I hate the most about this season.
I don't think breaking up these two couples will solve the problem. For me writing comes first. Writers stopped writing good stuff for Leonard. And it's not because of Penny. What, he can't have a nice storyline still being Penny's boyfriend? It's not like they are unseperable, and they can have nice scenes together too. Johnny and Kaley are both great actors and have a nice chemistry.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTime (View Post)
I find them all funny when they get a chance, but can I say that I miss single Howard. I am not enjoying the Howard in a relationship, I loved the old Howard and Raj antics. it isn't the same for me
I really like Bernadette, and I think she’s perfect for Howard…I think that, though, is one relationship that happened too soon. It’s the right idea, but the wrong time, and that is the relationship that is throwing off the dynamic this year…no R/H and so more R/S, a lot less creepy Howard comments and hitting on women…if a couple has indeed changed the dynamic, then that’s the one!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Elite Fan

Honestly, I've always found Howard to be the least funny of the guys. He gets a golden line every now and then but because of his personality his jokes end up being obvious and shallow. Not something I find funny in the context of the show.

Kunal has always been underused but I think part of that stems from his inability to speak around Penny.

Lee you found that Leonard mobster line funny? I was waiting for it from the beginning of the sketch and when it came they had already passed the climax of the joke. It just fell flat for me by the time it came.
I won't let you be denied
Ashu is always mindlessly twatting away on Twitter|icon by Petra
Andu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

Yep I found it funny, actually the delivery was the funniest part,
I found every single joke last night predictable, Not one took me by surprise but the delivery was what sold it for me, must be because I am 100% Sicilian I love a great godfather reference
Old 01-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yep I found it funny, actually the delivery was the funniest part,
I found every single joke last night predictable, Not one took me by surprise but the delivery was what sold it for me, must be because I am 100% Sicilian I love a great godfather reference
Ha-ha, we have a 'mobster' here
Old 01-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenaguffi (View Post)
Ha-ha, we have a 'mobster' here
That's me, watch your horses
Old 01-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What I thought was funny about Leonard's mobster line was how he was cracking himself up about it. I didn't laugh for WHAT he said, but when/how it was said and how he reacted got me laughing!

Old 01-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
What I thought was funny about Leonard's mobster line was how he was cracking himself up about it. I didn't laugh for WHAT he said, but when/how it was said and how he reacted got me laughing!
And how Sheldon reacted: 'Are we having a serious conversation here?'

Quote:
That's me, watch your horses
I'm SCAAAAARED
Old 01-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Exactly his delivery was what cracked me up, much like when Sheldon got scared watching TV and went off stage to knock on Leonard's bedroom door, I knew he was going to do that but the way he was yelling Leonard and Penny and the pause Johnny took and then said "who is it" both cracked me up again all in the deliver.
I didn't however find Jim's convulsions under the net as funny, it was as( if not more) predictable as the others but it didn't serve the same punch for me, and he usually sells these things for me

I noticed a little S1 L/S glimpse, before Sheldon insinuated that Leonard was a suspect (ha ha) when he was going over everything that was stolen. Leonard was just watching him and looking around his apt, and agreeing with Sheldon on the stuff and the games no annoyance just shaking his head for the loss.. it was a nice little glimpse for me,,,of course until Sheldon gave his own prints and they basically called Leonard a suspect No wonder he asked the cop to shoot him

Elena you're safe, you've done me favors , remember.. I never forget a favor
Old 01-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG I’d forgotten about the pause and “who is it?”! I would have laughed so hard if Sheldon had offered Penny chocolate when she remembered to ask when they were still in her apartment.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
OMG I’d forgotten about the pause and “who is it?”! I would have laughed so hard if Sheldon had offered Penny chocolate when she remembered to ask when they were still in her apartment.
Chocolate?
He even forgot Leonard was lactose intolerant, he was so freaked out, he could barely think straight
Old 01-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I don't think breaking up these two couples will solve the problem.
They don't need to break them up to have them in scenes with somebody else then their partners. That's my main complain about LP, they don't give them good story lines, they just have sex. Leonard and Penny became the least interesting character, they are just there.

The writers seem not good at writing couples.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenaguffi (View Post)
Chocolate?
He even forgot Leonard was lactose intolerant, he was so freaked out, he could barely think straight
He was freaked out
Old 01-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
He was freaked out
I loved it
'I am the master of my own bladder'
"I am no longer the master of my own bladder."
Reply   Post New Thread