Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

I enjoyed the episode. Although it was Sheldon that once again stemmed almost all the humour. A bit more diversity would be nice for a change.

I get that Sheldon was obsessing over the issue and it makes sense too for his character in a way. Although I wonder why he didn't calculate the probability of getting robbed twice.
I won't let you be denied
Ashu is always mindlessly twatting away on Twitter|icon by Petra
Andu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Banned

What I don't understand is why a robbery is a plotpoint for humor. My family and I were robbed a few years ago and we were very uncomfortable, nervous and panicky for a good number of weeks. I don't know why I am supposed to laugh at some of the things I felt myself. For example, I moved my dresser to the door too because I was scared, lol.

I think this show needs to get it together. Again, another problem is Leonard being more worried about getting sex than the fact that he was robbed. That did not make any sense. Why wouldn't he feel violated? It was not funny and Leonard is beginning to look less and less fleshed out as time goes by. It's also starting to seep into Galecki's performance. One reviewer said this, and I could not help but agree.

Quote:
Now, I could just be reading into things a bit too closely, but was I the only one who thought Leonard’s frustration with Sheldon last night began to bleed over a smidge into Johnny Galecki’s frustration with the writers’ growing indifference to his character? Coupled with last week’s forced and trite “my girlfriend believes in psychics!” storyline, and Leonard’s rapidly moving from Big Bang’s long-suffering straight man to the killjoy who dawdles away time between scenes with Sheldon and Penny.
chemistry86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

It was a bit weird that Leonard was in no way concerned that they were robbed. He didn't even seem overly concerned with the stuff they lost

The writing is still off but by focusing so much on Sheldon they could cover it up to some degree. They can't keep this up forever though so here's hoping that things get better. At least we got more science, geek references in this episode than usual

Last edited by Andu; 01-19-2010 at 01:17 PM
Old 01-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamTam (View Post)

Can´t help but think, Leonard Sheldon and Penny are like a small family - Dad, Mum and kid.
That's how I love to think of them-it was that way in the end of TGA too...with LP buying S the robot...so sweet.

And I agree with you, Elena-I love when Leonard and Penny work together instead of when they're fighting. It works best that way. Yes, they are finally 'we!'

I thought there wasn't enough Raj/Howard, but when they're doing the mom-dad-kid thing I just can't get enough of PLS together!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenaguffi (View Post)

Still am not sure how I feel about the fact that TBBT is becoming more and more of a Sheldon show. We are hearing his thoughts, reading his diary, seeing things from his point of view... It's interesting, but I would definitely like to have more balance and other characters focus too.
I agree. I find it kind of boring now. And this episode I found most of the Sheldon jokes predictable and bland, like the "Oh good, they didn't take my comic books"

One of the only good jokes IMO was the "three friends and one aqauintince" thing, but then they ruined that in the end when they said who it was.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The dynamic is too much Sheldon at the moment-and I know some of you are probably wanting to put me in the Bozeman Loony Bin, but I’m talking about the diary, and what Elena was saying. I wish we could see Raj and Howard’s thoughts on H/B, Penny and Leonard’s thoughts on L/P, and all that. I do like the Sheldon diary, but it could be something not only he does.
And I agree, they ruined the aquaitence joke-what was funny was them all looking around like “who is it?”

Old 01-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

The LPS father, mother, kid routine is the thing I hated about the episode.

The jokes were always predictable. Expecting that is asking too much of the show .
Old 01-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Sheldon is a great comic character, he is making a good show lead at that point and such character's point of view is something that wasn't explored so much in other shows.. it's usually a straight point of view which is explored and put in the focus. I think it's a damn bold move the writers did, when they began to expose the strange world of Sheldon Cooper to us. At that point I'm honestly not sure if it's a bad or good thing for the show in general, I guess we'll see. What I definitely miss is the ballance. It's pretty much compromised now with nearly every episode revolving around Sheldon.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

You can't only blame Sheldon for the lack of balance. LP and HB have a lot to do with it, I think that the writers have limitted themselves with puting those couples together.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It was a nice episode, I wasn't WOW after it, but still had some laughs.
Loved the LP team That's what I was hoping for - to see Leonard and Penny working together and not against each other. Even Sheldon acknowledge the new unit of TBBT 'knock, knock Leonard and Penny' It's not Leonard or Penny it's them together, it's a 'we' Leonard was talking about in the second season. They are oficially, finally a 'WE'. Of course I loved it, how could I not

Still am not sure how I feel about the fact that TBBT is becoming more and more of a Sheldon show. We are hearing his thoughts, reading his diary, seeing things from his point of view... It's interesting, but I would definitely like to have more balance and other characters focus too.
I am with you on this
I did like it, but I did want more of the four guys doing their geek stuff with Penny around.

The show has lost it's balance but I can understand why, Sheldon is one of the strangest characters going and it is very easy to write comedy around that.

I was happy to see Johnny get a few funny lines for a change, I actually thought the funniest line was when Sheldon said Mobster sauce couldn't have real mobsters in it because it was listed under seafood and Leonard said it would if they were mobsters who swam with the fishes.. and he used that NY Goodfellas/Godfather..accent. it was the one that had me really LOL.

I do like single story episodes , I think that is the biggest problem I see with the show,. They try to do two stories every week and there is just not enough time. One story for each character with the others being players works well for this show. They just have to rotate the characters a bit imho.
LostInTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Elite Fan

I actually enjoyed last night's episode. There was no real lagging moments in this episode and I enjoyed Sheldon's reaction to the robbery.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
You can't only blame Sheldon for the lack of balance. LP and HB have a lot to do with it, I think that the writers have limitted themselves with puting those couples together.
LP and HB are hardly getting scenes , I can count those, and centrics??? Even in LP 'centric' Shedlon has pretty much stolen the show. God forbid I'm not 'blaming' Sheldon for anything. I'm blaming the writers for taking the easy way and writing for this one character, because he is naturally the most hilarious and they are not making enough effort to make funny stories and develop other characters. In the previous epi? It was supposed to be Raj centric, was it? And it ended up around Sheldon AGAIN. It's bugging me , because I believe in this cast that every one of them is very talanted, and they are not given much to do lately

So, anybody wants to decode the picture Sheldon drew? As a Lost fun I'm looking for clues everywhere

Last edited by lenaguffi; 01-19-2010 at 02:29 PM
lenaguffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well Sheldon/Jim is the most popular part of the show right now, that's why he gets so much story lines I guess. But it doesn't really help that LP and HB are together because they don't give them individual plots, they rather show them together. Penny has hardly any scenes without Leonard, that's what I hate the most about this season.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
LP and HB are hardly getting scenes , I can count those, and centrics??? Even in LP 'centric' Shedlon has pretty much stolen the show. God forbid I'm not 'blaming' Sheldon for anything. I'm blaming the writers for taking the easy way and writing for this one character, because he is naturally the most hilarious and they are not making enough effort to make funny stories and develop other characters. In the previous epi? It was supposed to be Raj centric, was it? And it ended up around Sheldon AGAIN. It's bugging me , because I believe in this cast that every one of them is very talanted, and they are not given much to do lately
It is a little Sheldon-heavy, but he is the most unique…and really, if given a choice to see how much Howard cared about L/S break in, or how much Sheldon cared, I think about everyone would pick Sheldon. But I do wish there’d be more of the others-like L/P got no scenes not interrupted by him, and it was basically all about him. I wish there could be some plot where half was L/P, half was H/B, and just for once, have Sheldon in the background-just to see how it would go. I know, though, a lot of people would just get mad that there was so little Sheldon…I don’t think any couples are throwing the dynamic off…it’s him taking over just a little, but since he’s so funny a lot of ppl (especially those who don’t like L/P and/or H/B) just blame it on them.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I find Howard and Raj just as funny as Sheldon, but I guess that's the minority opinion.