Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

Loved the episode.

Still not an LP fan. And I'm glad the show didn't alienate it's other half of the audience who aren't fans either. Yes, they brought them together...but, let's look at the whole picture. Leonard's selfishness to alienate Sheldon and not take him seriously upset Penny. She went over to comfort him. She sang to him. She talked about Star Trek. She kept insisting Leonard fix/help Sheldon. And Leonard gets back and... the sex is bad. KARMA! And for Sheldon fans, the goatee, the non-stop hilariousness, the reappearance of his hilarious mother...just, thank you! I was expecting this episode to go a lot differently.

Sheldon's emoticon line: *dies* "Oh, yes. In the world of emoticons I was colon capital D. " Too funny!

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr
Henry Cavill

Loved the premier. I laughed quite a bit.

Leonard/Penny The snowflake

Sheldon/Penny were gold too.

So many great lines/quotes from this ep.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have my doubts about the episode, especially when it comes to Leonard...he lied to his best friend, his best friend is crushed, humiliated, sad and he doesn't care? Way to ruin a character...I usually like Leonard but when he is with Penny he behaves so selfish. It was also his fault that Sheldon left and he won't go looking for him (=won't be responsible in that situation) because he needs to hook up with Penny? I don't know what the writers were thinking when writing that episode but Leonard disappointed me big time.

Sheldon/Penny - cute scene! I loved how Penny immediately went to Sheldon to comfort him. I'm glad she wasn't like: Oh yeah, whatever Sheldon, I need to kiss Leonard. She sang soft kitty, was talking about Star Trek - I know it made him upset but it was a nice moment.

Raj/Howard - love their banter. The Toy Story reference.

Laurie Metcalf! I want her to be a returning guest star, she rocks.

There were so many funny lines in that episode, can't remember most of them but this made me laugh the most:

Daddy's home.

Oh and Jim's performance was top notch! And he is so cute, especially in that emoticon scene.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Elite Fan

^ See I don't mind if that's how they want to write Leonard when he's with Penny. So be it. Negative character traits if you ask me. I like that Penny was more caring about Sheldon than he was. Loved that, actually. It was another milestone for Shenny!

kenny | credit
Old 09-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
I have my doubts about the episode, especially when it comes to Leonard...he lied to his best friend, his best friend is crushed, humiliated, sad and he doesn't care? Way to ruin a character...I usually like Leonard but when he is with Penny he behaves so selfish. It was also his fault that Sheldon left and he won't go looking for him (=won't be responsible in that situation) because he needs to hook up with Penny? I don't know what the writers were thinking when writing that episode but Leonard disappointed me big time.
can you blame the guy. He was shacked up at the north pole for 3 months with 3 other dudes, and the minute he gets back, the opportunity to have sex is waiting for him across the hall

I'm surprised he didn't start turning over all the cars on the street

but in all seriousness, why is Leonard the only bad guy here? There were two other guys aiding and abiding him. And they weren't exactly chomping at the bit to go retrieve Sheldon either
Old 09-22-2009, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh yes I forgot, it's ok to ditch your friends if you need sex...lol If you choose a girl over your friends, you're not worth their friendship.

Howard and Raj were part of it - Leonard was the one who had the idea. They all screwed up but Raj and Howard were the ones who came to Leonard to tell him that Sheldon said he is running away...it was only Leonard who didn't care about that. He was like: Oh, ok I stay here and you 2 look for my best friend...

On a different not: They could have destroyed his career entirely. The writers could have come up with something clever, that one was over the top and stupid, imo.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

if they're true friends, they'll understand
Old 09-22-2009, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

lol I hope you're not serious.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

of course I am. Unfortunately there's no html when you're trying to be facetious
Old 09-22-2009, 12:37 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't mind it because I'm not Leonard's biggest fan. So if it took seeing Penny care more about hurt/Sheldon over horny/Leonard I have nothing to say but - nice job! It doesn't even make me feel remotely guilting for not shipping them.

But being a Y chromosome, I understood how Leonard was reacting. It was 3 months in the North Pole...with Sheldon, Raj, and Howard...and they all slept together naked that one night. So, the chance of female sexual release would make someone act a bit selfish and callous. I get that.

kenny | credit
Old 09-22-2009, 02:39 AM
Elite Fan

Well Leonard, I believe you and me are done. There's not way I'm gonna like him again. He almost ruined his best friend's life but all that matters is that he could get into Penny's pants? Ok I'll be sure to use the FF button from now on.

I would hate to miss another boat
milestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:12 AM
Master Fan

Even Sheldon's own mom didn't want him to live with her

can you imagine stuck in the arctic with Sheldon.. penny was right the guys only lied to make him feel better and Leonard at least was the only one who came up with a plan to help Sheldon be happy and not be killed by Raj and Howard.. sounds like a friend to me... besides leonard and Sheldon are more than friends they are like brothers.. Leonard should be allowed to get exasperated with Sheldon, he is not the kind of guy who is easy to care about at all. Leonard should know , after allSheldon is practcially the male version of his mother.

And Leonard kept the real data for Sheldon, how was he supposed to know Sheldon was going to send out that email so soon, he was too busy saving Sheldon from death

And so what if he didn't want to run to Texas that very minute.. It really could have waited til the next day, Sheldon wasn't going anywhere but his mom wanted him gone

I love Laurie i hope she comes back again soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeNchief
if they're true friends, they'll understand
it's the brocode besides this show is a comdey and it was funny.. This isn't Days of Our Lives

Last edited by LostInTime; 09-22-2009 at 07:22 AM
LostInTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:13 AM
Banned

Leonard is such a jerk. I am sorry but I have never been a fan and this is why. LYING to Sheldon about his experiment and instead of feeling remorseful about it, he'd rather get some ass from Penny? He cares about getting sex more than his friends?

He has no chemistry with Penny. Their make out was atrocious. Thank god the sex was bad, it's payback for his attitude to Sheldon.

Sheldon was so cute this episode! I felt bad for him but it lead to some awesome SP stuff so I'll take it

Raj and Howard disappointed me too but atleast they told Sheldon they tampered with his experiment and looked genuinely sorry for him.

Leonard sucks
chemistry86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
this show is a comdey and it was funny.
I didn't find it funny

Quote:
Raj and Howard disappointed me too but atleast they told Sheldon they tampered with his experiment and looked genuinely sorry for him.
They felt bad and apologized Leonard only went to Texas cause it meant sex with Penny. I hate having to hate his character but there's nothing good about his attitude in this episode.

I would hate to miss another boat
milestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestogo (View Post)
I didn't find it funny

They felt bad and apologized Leonard only went to Texas cause it meant sex with Penny. I hate having to hate his character but there's nothing good about his attitude in this episode.
I found him good just like you didn't find it funny, and Leonard apologized and explained that he came up with the idea for the lie becaue Sheldon had the guys at the point of plotting his death

so Leonard is terrible for finally getting the response he has been wanting from Penny and not wanting to leave that very moment, but Sheldon belitteling Penny like he did when she tried to cheer him up was great for you?? That was funny to you when he made fun of her being a waitress and then instead of thanking her for trying to cheer him up or for talking to him just told her she sucked at it..wsell in Sheldon speak
LostInTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread