Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

His character is based on a guy one of the creators used to know who really pathologically couldn't talk to women. The guy's now married with kids. We all change. Why Raj should stay the same? At some point the joke will get old...
~DresdenDoll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Can I guess is that the only reason you want Penny, for example, to grow is because you ship Leonard/Penny??
Actually, that's just a tiny tiny reason why. If she don't end up with Leonard, which I think she will, but if then I want her to stop picking guys that's wrong for her. That's why I want her to grow a little bit. She has even said that she's not happy about it. She's my favorite charachter, so I want her to do stuff that makes her happy

Quote:
I hope he will overcome his fear some time in the future. Now it's hilarious but if the show goes on and on for a couple of seasons it will be tiresome.
But that's his thing. Without that, he really has nothing that makes him special. It would be the same to take away Sheldon's smartness or take away Howard being abd to women. Ech of them have their own thing
sanna_o75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Without that, he really has nothing that makes him special.
That's sad if a character's personality is reduced to one characteristic.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, what else has he got that no one in the show has?? Of course that's not the only thing about his personality. He's nice too, but most of them are. That he can't talk to women is what makes him special
Old 02-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Without that, he really has nothing that makes him special.
I wouldn't go that far. I think there is much more to him, than just this. After all he is smart and hangs out with the guys all the time. What's so special about not being able to talk to women?

See Sheldon is my favourite character and seeing him grow, especially when it comes to social interactions, is something I want to see. And if it bring Sheldon/Penny closer, I'm all the more happy.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's special, because no one of the charachters does it Maybe I should say the word unique instead then
Old 02-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well, what else has he got that no one in the show has?? Of course that's not the only thing about his personality. He's nice too, but most of them are. That he can't talk to women is what makes him special
What makes him special is him. It's not ONE characteristic, not ONE issue or pathology he might have. That's like saying someone's only special because they're OCD. There's much more to every and each of them (and us, living and breathing human beings), much more that defines who we are than ONE characteristic.

Quote:
It's special, because no one of the charachters does it Maybe I should say the word unique instead then
What makes him unique is also being the only guy featured in 30 Under 30 in his circle of friends. Is being able to talk to women drunk. Is having parents in New Delhi and being from a different culture. Loving Aishwarya Rai. Etc. There are plenty of things about him that make him unique.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, then we have to agree to disagree. I think each of them have their thing that makes them special and his is that he can't talk to women. Simple as that
Old 02-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
His character is based on a guy one of the creators used to know who really pathologically couldn't talk to women. The guy's now married with kids. We all change. Why Raj should stay the same? At some point the joke will get old...
Yes, they already got rid of many jokes and still, the show is funny, they replaced with new jokes as the characters develop, it's wonderful if they do this steady but slowly! The show can't stand still, it would last 'til only next season probably

And, TBH, when I think about characters development, the last thing I'm concerned about is what this will do with my ship, I'm much more interested in the characters individually. If this brings my ship closer if not, well, I'll know it was needed for both of them growing
Nitinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh guys, please try to avoid starting arguements, especially in the discussion threads? I know you guys are remaining civilized, I just don't want it to turn into a shipper war ...
ღღღ
infallible love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, we're not arguing, we're discussing It wasn't even a shipper war, hehe
Old 02-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good. I know, I didn't want to turn it into one. Haha.
ღღღ
Old 02-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

I'm not really sure what to say. Seems like you guys have covered my points. I guess that we will have to disagree then Sanna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcreative
One more thing about growth -- IMO I think the characters are growing at a realistic pace. Growth, at least in my friendship circle, takes time, realization, and bashing your head against the wall a hundred times. I feel the characters have grown reasonably in their personalities; a sudden change would effectively cheapen the believably of the character.

What do you think?
I agree, and nicely put. It does take time. Too swift a change is as bad - or worse - than no change at all.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I guess that we will have to disagree then Sanna.

Hehe, it's OK. It happens alot when it comes to me, many people disagree with me
Old 02-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm not really sure what to say. Seems like you guys have covered my points.
I kinda feel the same way.
ღღღ
Reply   Post New Thread