Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2009, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooh, I loved that too
sanna_o75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Was I the only that thought it was a good episode? I mean, I felt bad for Leonard because his mother is so psychotic, but I enjoyed the episode nonetheless.
that's a bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, it's not my favorite episode, so you're not alone. I loved it

Sheldon really needs more friends like her And the way he acted is the reason I don't want him and Penny hook up. Too practical, and too hilariously robot-ish
Old 02-10-2009, 07:32 AM
Elite Fan

If Sheldon sticks to people like him or her, he will never evolve. It's the normal social interactions that humanize him and make him discover the world outside his overloaded mind.
~DresdenDoll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

But why want him to change?? He's Sheldon. Humanazing him makes him less...Sheldon The concept of his charahter obviously works. As a fan of the show, I never want him to evolve. Sheldon is the best when he is like that
Old 02-10-2009, 07:43 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't say change. There's a huge difference between changing and evolving! Change means partially warping something into something it's not, evolving means accentuating/discovering previously less obvious parts of someone's personality. The first one is wrong and shouldn't happen. The other is what makes people interesting and appealing.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

But that's what I mean, Sheldon's charachters works with people otherwise he wouldn't be so popular. I thinid be extremely boring to take away quirkls he has. The nhe becomes like anybody else on the show
Old 02-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

I don't remember saying anything about taking away his quirks Exactly how accentuating parts of someone's personality that weren't previously explored equal taking away other parts of someone's personality?

It's obvious you have your opinion and I have mine and let's just agree on disagreeing
Old 02-10-2009, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

To me, humanazing him would be the same way as if they would have taken away Karen's pills and have her stop drinking in Will & Grace. Some charachters, in my opinion, are not suppose to evolve. Sheldon is just there to be a bog of goofy and funny relief while the other charachters stands for the "awww" factor and feeling sorry for them and stuff. To me, Sheldon's there to make the show a bit more funnier. I also think that the writers don't really plan to evolve him. They created him like that for a reason. Just my opinions
Old 02-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Elite Fan

Ironically, for me it's Sheldon who stands out for the "aww" factor and feeling for him. Because of his several neurosis and because of his lack of social skills, and general awkwardness that is, unlike the other 3 guys, more challenging to understand and sympathize with. And if the writers don't plan on making him evolve then well... that's just sloppy writing and this show will turn into every other average sitcom out there, reheating same jokes for cheap laughs. I'm honestly hoping it'll never happen. And yep, just my opinions, as well.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Sheldon is just there to be a bog of goofy and funny relief while the other charachters stands for the "awww" factor and feeling sorry for them and stuff.
I think Sheldon is there fir the "awww" factor and it would be mean if every character evolved but him. Sheldon is not the fith wheel.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Elite Fan

I'm biased - to me he's the first wheel
Old 02-10-2009, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, you "awww" and laugh a little at the same time. I do, anyway. I don't take him seriously. And I'm happy with that
Old 02-10-2009, 08:18 AM
New Fan

Anyone find last night's episode a bit...oedipal?

I ship L/P big time, and I personally think the relationship (and the characters) are evolving just fine. Unlike a lot of people, I've never felt like the writers forced Leonard and Penny on us -- Leonard's the only one who stands a reasonable chance (and has a strong desire) to have a significant relationship with Penny. And I see plenty of sparks between them. Am I the only one?

Last night was a hiccup, very similar to the 1st episode of this season. Leonard gets his chance, then ruins it. But it's getting increasingly more intimate and personal, and I think crossing those thresholds are necessarily to keep people watching.
vcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Am I the only one?
Nope. Hi!

I think so too. Never felt it b eing forced on us either. I mean, every show who has just one potentional couple is like that. If that's the case, youy can say that Chuck/Sarah from Chuck is forced. Which they're not, I love them to death
Reply   Post New Thread