Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2014, 09:28 AM
Extreme Fan

It suks that "The Hub" channel went kapoot. I was loving the Blossom re-runs they aired. I never made it through all of them before they vanished

OTP: Jim/Pam (the office US), Castle/Beckett (Castle), Sean/Fiona (Shameless), Henry/Jo (Forever)
Old 11-28-2014, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamyLove (View Post)
Uh-oh....what happened?
The usual social media kerfuffle...

She posted a pic from people in parade uniform and said she doesn't like uniforms with white pants. And then people accused her of making fun of fat people because one of the participants had chubby legs in that pants.

I was attempted to ask who is mean one. People who post those pics or people who make asumptions. It was them who thought the girl looked fat not Mayim

~Susanne ~
Old 11-28-2014, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFNT! Love the title.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 11-30-2014, 09:11 AM
Ultimate Fan

Does anyone recognize what this is from? It makes me think that it's Mayim in a Harry Potter movie.

Sheldon Kissed Amy

~ Rosie
Old 11-30-2014, 11:57 AM
Master Fan

missmayim
teeny tiny Japanese sculpture of monkeys. Don't know why I love this so much but I do.

I like this sculpture too, the monkey hug is very sweet.

And Amy would like it as well

~Susanne ~
Old 11-30-2014, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thank you everyone for your sweet words!

I finally fixed it, Nicole told me how and held my hand through it!

Uh-oh....what happened?
She posted a picture of the Macy's Parade showing some marching band ladies in white pants. The caption said something like 'Black would be more flattering for marching band uniforms.' A little while later the picture was deleted and a picture of pies was in it's place! Caption read: "Better?" From the few comments I looked at on the second pic, some people were obviously offended and thought Mayim was insulting the women in the first picture. Plenty of people were defending her though, and I don't think when you know anything about Mayim you could take it as her being offensive or insulting towards other women. I didn't see any of the comments directed against her, but I can only imagine they must have been quite forceful to make Mayim delete the picture. *sigh*

Edit: Oops, sorry - I was stuck on the first page for some reason and didn't see Susanne had already explained it!
And I thought the same as you Susanne about the monkey statue - Mayim has something in common there with Amy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa23 (View Post)
It suks that "The Hub" channel went kapoot. I was loving the Blossom re-runs they aired. I never made it through all of them before they vanished
That's a shame! I never got to see any of them, and I don't know what sort of ratings it was getting, but I wonder if it might be taken by another channel or get released in full on DVD.

Last edited by Whimsical Elf; 11-30-2014 at 12:57 PM
Old 12-01-2014, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

@Shamy Love: No Mayim was never on "Harry Potter". Sorry.
That picture is from the TV Series "MacGyver" where Mayim was a guest star as a teeanger. She played Lisa Woodman a girl who went to a girl´s school in Switzerland (but they shoot that episode in Vancouver ) and Lisa was wearing her school uniform. I know her from that guest star role. She was so cute The episode is from 1989 so Mayim was about 14 and so sweet
In that scene Lisa is warning some people that there´s a bomb under the cable car where they´re in. And then MacGyver comes and saves the day and the people It was Mayims first episode there. And she appeared on two more episodes.
Hope I could help you out.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 12-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
@Shamy Love: No Mayim was never on "Harry Potter". Sorry.
That picture is from the TV Series "MacGyver" where Mayim was a guest star as a teeanger. She played Lisa Woodman a girl who went to a girl´s school in Switzerland (but they shoot that episode in Vancouver ) and Lisa was wearing her school uniform. I know her from that guest star role. She was so cute The episode is from 1989 so Mayim was about 14 and so sweet
In that scene Lisa is warning some people that there´s a bomb under the cable car where they´re in. And then MacGyver comes and saves the day and the people It was Mayims first episode there. And she appeared on two more episodes.
Hope I could help you out.
TY for the info! I remember reading somewhere that she had been on MacGyver, but I didn't know she was on a few episodes.

We use the word "MacGyver" as a verb at work. If we don't have the equipment or supplies we need for something, we Macgyver it together with something else.

Sheldon Kissed Amy

~ Rosie
Old 12-02-2014, 03:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
We use the word "MacGyver" as a verb at work. If we don't have the equipment or supplies we need for something, we Macgyver it together with something else.
On Stargate they had some inside jokes and BTS about to MacGyver something together

~Susanne ~
Old 12-02-2014, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

You´re welcome ShamyLove
Love your remark
@Susanne: Yeah that was so amusing on Stargate where Carter mocked O`Neill with that
I also call my dad MacGyver, because he´s so good at fixing things.
Mayim was so adorable on that show Loved it
Old 12-02-2014, 10:35 AM
Master Fan

Mayim wrote a very sweet blog
Mayim Bialik: Three Things I Do That Are Wrong & Three Things I Do That Are Right | The Official Mayim Bialik Blog at Kveller

~Susanne ~
Old 12-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

New script cover

...sort of

missmayim
Another week, another script. Here's me with this week's in my poorly decorated dressing room.

~Susanne ~
Old 12-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

Urgh! When is somebody gonna slip and give away the title?! Someone ask the highlighter. He looks like a good little soldier but maybe he can be persuaded.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
Urgh! When is somebody gonna slip and give away the title?! Someone ask the highlighter. He looks like a good little soldier but maybe he can be persuaded.
He does indeed!
Old 12-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm so gonna take a scipt cover from the MC the next time I'm a taping.