Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2009, 06:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetch (View Post)
Well they always find other excuses! They go to conventions and stuff.
Yeah, but we still have yet to see that. Which is just wrrrong.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 12-04-2009, 06:47 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah we totes need to see them at Comic Con!
Old 12-04-2009, 07:31 AM
Master Fan

I would love a comic con epi I saw where Johnny said the cast talked about and they would love to film there but it is held when TBBT isn't in production
Old 12-04-2009, 10:22 AM
Elite Fan

No, but they can at least do a mock one. That wouldn't hurt.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 03-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Supreme Fan

Gotta after that!

☆Krys ☆
Old 03-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

Great Fantastic Four episode. Just what I wanted to see
It was terrific
Old 03-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Master Fan

I love them!! add me please!!
Old 03-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTime (View Post)
I have always felt that while I do love Penny for me she is the one character I could see the show surviving without,,not that I ever want that but that is how great these four guys are and how great their scenes are.. I do think this show would be just as amazing without the normal hot girl in it..
When I saw my the first season last spring...I was like 'wow, this Penny is SO replaceable!' I think at this stage it would be difficult to replace her-not because of the girlfriend thing but because she's so integrated now, and she's got such a unique relationship with them...but season 1? HA! Those guys WERE the show then! It really was nerdy guys and the girl next door...that's all there was to it.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

"Holy crap, are we nerdy!"
Old 03-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
When I saw my the first season last spring...I was like 'wow, this Penny is SO replaceable!' I think at this stage it would be difficult to replace her-not because of the girlfriend thing but because she's so integrated now, and she's got such a unique relationship with them...but season 1? HA! Those guys WERE the show then! It really was nerdy guys and the girl next door...that's all there was to it.
Especially in the beginning. For me she became an essential and integral part of the show when she started hanging out with Sheldon. Mostly because she had to do more than the casual talking that she could do with Leonard. The birthday episode comes to mind here or the episode where she helped with ill Sheldon. That's when Penny and Kaley both had to step it up a notch. It became way better after that and she was better integrated within the group

ETA: Before and in between that it was just the guys that made the show. That's why I enjoyed the last episode. I think it's far from the best episode ever but for this season it was certainly stepping up the game. Probably second best episode after TADD.
I won't let you be denied
Ashu is always mindlessly twatting away on Twitter|icon by Petra
Old 03-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andu (View Post)
Especially in the beginning. For me she became an essential and integral part of the show when she started hanging out with Sheldon. Mostly because she had to do more than the casual talking that she could do with Leonard. The birthday episode comes to mind here or the episode where she helped with ill Sheldon. That's when Penny and Kaley both had to step it up a notch. It became way better after that and she was better integrated within the group
I'm lucky I didn't watch in the beginning, because I don't think I would have stuck with it. In 2007 I was irriated with the way females were portrayed on T.V., and Penny would have made me mad. So I don't know where my "transition" if you will, would have taken place, since by season 2 it was better...so for me I have a season 1 Penny and then season 2 Penny.
I think, though, that it would have taken me to season 2 anyway, because in every ep (well, maybe not TBJC or TGE) she was just "the girl leonard likes" or "the neighbor" since all of them but Sheldon had wierd, creepy, or whatever comments about her. At the beginning of season 2 she stopped being that way-she was almost a part of them and she could hold her own as a character. Though again, I saw TGE over the summer and that was the only season 1 ep I saw before 18 eps of season 2.
So my perspective is most definitally a different one then you guys who had watched it from the beginning-I mean, if I had, I may not still be watching it now, I may ship someone else, or not ship at all, and I may like certian people better or worse...who knows?

I think if I had watched from the Pilot, the change would have been somewhere between The Grasshopper Experiment and The Bat Jar Conjecture, but not sure where exactly.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:41 PM
Total Fan

I have to agree with what a critic once said. The shift in Penny's character happened with Halo Night (The Dumpling Paradox). She started to become a real character after that point and not just the hot neighbor. The writer's strike also helped a lot with that transition. I think it gave the writers time to realize they needed to change Penny more in order to improve the show.

Of course, I can't really officially say when I personally felt the transition the first time. I came in at The Tangerine Factor and then immediately went back and watched the entire first season in one day.

"I missed you." - "You know what I missed you too."
Amber LJ | My FanFiction | Twitter Icon by me.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AisicsRule (View Post)
I have to agree with what a critic once said. The shift in Penny's character happened with Halo Night (The Dumpling Paradox). She started to become a real character after that point and not just the hot neighbor. The writer's strike also helped a lot with that transition. I think it gave the writers time to realize they needed to change Penny more in order to improve the show.
Halo Night! Wow, I totally forgot about that! And now that I think about it, she was different in that ep-that and TGE were really the first eps where she wasn't just portrayed as "the girl Leonard likes." Good point-I rewatched TMEP and then TDP and there IS a difference there! It was more noticeable after the strike, though.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:29 AM
Elite Fan

TDP certainly was a first. The development still progressed during the season. By S2 she was integrated as much as she wanted to be. She was certainly able to mesh in their world without looking too awkward.
I won't let you be denied
Ashu is always mindlessly twatting away on Twitter|icon by Petra
Old 03-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andu (View Post)
TDP certainly was a first. The development still progressed during the season. By S2 she was integrated as much as she wanted to be. She was certainly able to mesh in their world without looking too awkward.
Totally agree there.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread