I'm Aubrey
Old 08-26-2021, 06:07 AM
Elite Fan

Old 08-27-2021, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

I'm Aubrey
Old 08-27-2021, 04:02 PM
Master Fan

My son started in person school Monday and after only 4 days already 12 positive kids and something like 80 kids at home quarantined already……
Old 08-27-2021, 11:35 PM
Elite Fan

Wow....that is scary now that children are getting it.

I really don't know what the solution is As an educator I say we need to get children into school....online is not a long term solution for teaching. But unless everyone gets vaccinated and wears masks (for now) there's always going to be risks.

Thank you Aubie Right back at ya!
Old 08-31-2021, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

My kids are going back with masks on, social distance, and dividers at lunch.
Old 09-01-2021, 08:12 AM
Elite Fan

That's good. Hopefully it helps. I'm hoping we will be back after our October half term break...in some form. I only have 13 in my class but social distancing wee ones doesn't really work - especially with play based learning....
Old 09-04-2021, 04:56 AM
Master Fan

I had a dream last night I shook someone’s hand……I haven’t shaken someone’s hand in over 18 months

Old 09-04-2021, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

I can't remember the last time I did!

But, I hugged my friend so....
Old 09-08-2021, 04:19 AM
Master Fan

Old 09-09-2021, 06:01 AM
Elite Fan

I think life needs to go back to normal. All of this opening and closing and shutting down again is going to be worse.....I mean i'm careful. I wear a mask (you will honestly not see one person outside here without a mask on, or in a store/market/public transport) and i'm vaccinated. But we need to get kids back to school. Soon.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:05 PM
Elite Fan

JJ very disturbing how fast it is spreading...not surprising since cloth masks basically do nothing but it would be so hard for kids to wear N95s they are tough. The paper surgical do better and I asked Liz would she use them for the kids and she had a thought I hadn't ie that most are made in China and she doesn't trust they don't have chemicals so she is going with cloth. I think the reality is all the kids are eventually going to catch it and maybe everybody given the nature of the breakthrough with the vaccines . Time will tell.

I agree Ekua we need to get kids back to school in person and I think without masks. The data is cloth masks catch 3% of virus.... just isn't worth the negative effects. If all the adults are vaccinated that are around kids would of course be the best thing. I'm surprised at the rate of the spread in our areaJJ I'm assuming most adults are vaccinated in our area...maybe I'm wrong.....but it also shows how really crazy ( and unlike natural virus's) contagious this virus is. Very scary thinking of all the other labs doing this kind of "research" all over the world. I know the US has several...I hope this is enough of a warning to stop this risky experimenting!

BTW I'm not a robot
Old 09-10-2021, 06:34 AM
Elite Fan

No one really wears cloth masks here….a lot of people double mask!

It’s funny that in the last two years the pollution has not been mentioned here - even though it’s as bad as it always is! That’s usually what people wear masks for. But now it’s all forgotten about

Pretty sure masks made in China are fine….that’s what everyone wears around here and everyone is okay….children included.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread