Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2019, 03:38 AM
Elite Fan

Worth watching?!

I’ve gotten into Australia reality shows - I just binged a program about people who rent out homes as ‘instant hotels.’ 4 couples had to judge the others property - I loved it!
Old 01-26-2019, 05:32 AM
Master Fan

I've been watching a lot of home renovation shows and its making me want to redo my house and I can't afford that
Old 01-27-2019, 05:26 AM
Elite Fan

me too!! Some look so amazing!
Old 01-27-2019, 08:11 AM
Master Fan

They do! And they make it look so easy but I know I'd be in way over my head if I tried it
Old 01-27-2019, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

I adore house hunting shows and also when they renovate it after they buy it, or other house renovation buying/selling shows. We fixed up our kitchen, just a little (refaced the cabinets, changed the countertop etc) and it made me so happy/such a big difference! But I don't want to renovate - I want to sell this place and move to a nice newer but smaller place. That's nice and warm in the winter (wind doesn't whistle through it like this old place). All around the neighborhood people are selling/moving and the houses are being renovated. I'm watching the house behind us be gut renovated and it's so surpirising! They are putting in windows where there weren't any/where there were doors, and cutting giant holes in the wall to put in quadruple patio doors, and the whole place is just one big open room right now - That's what everybody wants these days, big kitchen, lots of 'natural light' and 'open concept.' They are doing the one next to us too, but that just annoys me. Can't see what they are up to, but it's dragged on and on, and doesn't seem to be any better. I think the first guy gave up and new people are doing it now, and they gutted it long ago, but the new guys seem to be pulling out more and more of the wood inside - I expect it to collapse! Plus this house is IN our side yard and they dug a huge pit to make a window well/egress window for the new basement foundation... SIGH. Such a mess and dragging on for a year or two now, and it's still a wreck.

I've started liking basketball so we rented "Uncle Drew" starring Boston Celtics star Kyrie Irving (who is in his 20s) playing a 75 year old retired basketball legend; plus there are a bunch of other basketball players (like Shaquille Oneal) playing old men, who get together and play in some neighborhood famous tournament in NYC against young teams. It's obviously a fantasy and pretty silly but it was a nice movie. I guess he did a Pepsi commercial a few years ago, where the old guy shows up the young guys on the court, and they expanded it into a full movie! The young coach guy and his rival and girlfriend are all comedians too.

Mr ML went to see 'Glass' the M. Knight Shaymalan movie, and he liked it. I found the commercials too creepy and scary for me! But I can't take anything scary. I'm surprised you didn't think 'Bird Box' was scary. The other movie, Quiet Place? where they can't talk, looked very scary too. Even my husband doesn't think he wants to see it. I like sign language, so I'd like it for that, but I think I'd be too scared.

New 'Hose to Train Your Dragon' animated thing is coming out. That was pretty likeable.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 01-27-2019 at 08:00 PM
Old 01-28-2019, 07:17 AM
Master Fan

My brother and his wife bought a house a few years ago. It was in foreclosure and the previous owners had started a bunch of projects but never finished (tried to have a half wall between the kitchen and dining room but just managed to knock a bunch of holes in the middle of a supporting wall ). They got it super cheap and we all helped fix it up and doubled its value. It was tough though. The room that is now my niece's was covered in holes from a dart board. I had to patch so many before painting. It looks so good now but it was tough. I try to remember all the mess when I feel like doing anything to my house
Old 01-29-2019, 06:52 AM
Elite Fan

Now watching a show about people trying to open a restaurant!

Yeah renovating a house would be a nightmare for me....unless I had another place to live when it was all going on!
Old 01-29-2019, 06:58 AM
Master Fan

Restaurants are tough to get going. I get anxiety watching those shows
Old 01-29-2019, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

Oh gosh ML do they leave a mess you have to look at outside?

I want to see Glass! I have to watch Unbreakable though because I've only seen Split.

Have any of you watched the Marie Kondo show? It's great seeing the before and after of a messy place. It is as satisfying as seeing the before and after of renos.

I'm Aubrey
Old 01-29-2019, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

I'm scared to watch her because I'm afraid I'll throw out a bunch of stuff and get ridiculously organized
Old 01-30-2019, 09:48 AM
Master Fan

Yes, big messes behind my house and beside my house, plus a porta-potty in front yard next door, a dumpster and a work truck next to/out front of my house that takes up several parking spots (and most people don't have driveways/park on the street). They are hammering away right now over there.

I think I heard something like 98% of new restaurants don't last a year. It's a very tough business to make a go of.

And yes, you forget the mess and disruption of reno projects! I want to redo my kitchen flooring, but that will mean hauling a bunch of stuff out of the kitchen.

Watched the new Roswell again (does it deserve a discussion thread?) and I found out the really annoying blonde girl who plays the new Isobel (Katherine Heigl's role) is actress Christine Baranski's daughter!! I see where she got the nose from, but I don't see the acting ability (meow). Although Baranski's style is very broad, so maybe. I think the acting on the new Roswell is soap-opera ish, but it's an ntriguing story because, well, it's Roswell again. Only different. I like the new Liz, and warming up to the new Maria (she finally had more than a 5 second scene) but it's very different. New gay soldier/amputee Alex is much more interesting.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-31-2019, 08:53 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, she's definitely the weak link for me. Her dramatic scenes are downright laughable at times. I know the showrunner said she basically hired a bunch of her actor friends that she could trust with her vision but I think she should have broadened her search. I still prefer the original but the reboot does have some interesting aspects but its hard to overlook the acting and dialogue at times.

I know a lot of fans of the original are upset about Michael and Alex being a thing instead of Michael and Maria but I actually like them together. Plus this Michael character is bi and Carina said there's still a chance of him and Maria so who knows.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:18 AM
Elite Fan

I personally don’t think the new Roswell needs a discussion thread. Not on this board anyways as really, it has nothing to do with Jason....

The Roswell thread we have here would be fine for discussion about it but no need for a new one.

Last edited by Ekua; 01-31-2019 at 10:24 AM
Old 01-31-2019, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

I still want Jason to pop up on it. Even just as a customer at the Crashdown Cafe
Old 01-31-2019, 05:55 PM
Master Fan

Yes you're right, it doesn't need its own thread. It's sad that Michael and Alex have more chemstry then Max and Liz in this version.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread