Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2018, 06:16 AM
Elite Fan

ML Your day with John and Mlette sounded lovely. He certainly has been ,it seems, a great addition to the family. I wish Mlette would talk more too...I have lots of questions myself

I do cherish my time with my daughters and grandchildren keepsmiling. When I am with Emily I get hours to hold the baby because she still is having trouble getting her to sleep in the crib. She does well at night though thank goodness. She will sleep between 5-6 hours in the crib. Poor Emily is experiencing some real sadness though which is heartbreaking for me of course. Now that she has the baby she is very very sad to be living for away....we both know it could be way worse and are grateful for that but to not be able to have me just come for the day is hard. She is especially disturbed that she does live near his family and that Margot will see the cousins from his family often and that there are more of them and they are closer in age. She is crying often at night I just found out last night. Of course I warned her it would be hard to marry into a family of totally different morals and values than her family of origin but she was just too scared to hold out any longer. Biological clock fear. Now she has deep regrets and I have to encourage her to lean on the Lord and try to accept things and work on communication etc which she is doing. Praying a lot for her. She is very open to me sharing Godly wisdom but I don't bombard her. Especially hard for me since I lived such a similar situation in my own marriage. So then I just pray more.

keepsmiling if you go to my FB pg you will see new pix of Margot.

So Liz and family at the beach house for a few days but I needed to just be home to deal with bills and stuff here...be with podad and just sleep in my own bed.

I'm hoping an Amish girl I saw weeding in my hood and I got the phone number of ( they can have a phone in the barn) so I left her a message this morning...I am finally home for a few days so I am hoping she will answer my message and come help me weed and plant daffodils tomorrow>
Old 10-29-2018, 11:24 AM
Total Fan

PODMOM.......I'm so sorry Emily is having a difficult time. I am glad she can share this with you and listens to your comfort and advice. It seems like you are pulled in three different directions now. And it probably won't change!

ML.......seems like MLettie has adjusted well to her BF and new family. Maybe one of these days she'll open up and talk more. We can always hope.

All is well here. Hubby got a good medical report. We are most fortunate at 82 and 81 to still be rolling along. I do worry sometimes about Hubby and his memory, he appears to be slowing down some. The doctors say that is just normal ageing.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:29 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks keepsmiling for your sympathy and you got it perfectly right...I feel very pulled in 3 directions and just have to become accepting and do what I can do. I was just texting with Emily ( as I'm doing every day and night) and telling her that at least we have texting and sending pix and face timing which I didn't have when I was living in Texas and only got home once a year. So that is a blessing.

You guys are SO fortunate ...especially you....to be going so strong at 81. May God continue to bless you!!

ML and Wen and Mezz just in case those 2 stop in

all
Old 11-04-2018, 05:32 PM
Total Fan

We are about to drop off of the page, so thought I'd drop in.

ML........are you busy working on your house with hubby? If so, I can understand why we haven't heard from you.

WEN...........in two weeks my great granddaughter Piper will be coming for the Jr. League Christmas Affair. I am taking her to the special children's events which is called J's and Pancakes. It will have music and each child can build their own gingerbread house. Elsa, Ana and Superman will make appearances. Can't believe it is already this time of year.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:11 PM
Master Fan

Sorry I've been MIA. Not sure what I've been busy doing. Of course there was that horrifying shooting last weekend, and then there was a vigil service the next day, and a special service this weekend. I don't know how we're going to fix this country or the world. Having less automatic weapons would be a big improvement. But the gun folks will never agree. Nutjobs are just doing such crazy things - mailing bombs, shooting people at yoga, shooting black folks, shooting up synagogues and churches. I hope this election will help, but I am not sure anything is going to help... (sigh)

We went to a funeral Saturday - hubby's brother's wife's sister passed away suddenly - only 68, although I don't think she had been in good health. We didn't really know her family that well, because both families are big, so hard to get both sides together at holidays or whatever. It was a nice service - very modern Catholic church (architecture) - I didn't know they had any of those. And the recessional was Amazing Grace so I could belt it out because I knew it - but Catholics aren't big singers, so I probably sang too much! They had a nice lady singer who played an electric piano. I thought the modern hymns all sounded like show tunes.

Then we heard that one of his cousins, big family that grew up across the street (but since moved elsewhere) died suddenly at 75! So young. This cousin lived in another state, so I don't think anybody is going, and I'm not sure they are having a service or anything.

Went to a AAA Travel show - not sure what I was expecting - a big room at a hotel full of people at tables giving away brochures about trips and tours and cruises. AAA people were at computers signing people up for things, but we're not ready to go anyplace right now. Just picked up some ideas.

Then we went to the Orchid Show, which was held at a Sons of Italy Hall, that was very hard to get to, didn't have a lot of parking, not very big, and wasn't much to write home about. There were orchids but...

Poor Mr ML, he replaced the weather stripping on our front door - and then we found out the door wouldn't latch or lock anymore, so he had to take it off again.

It's been rainy and dark and very gloomy here. Did I tell you I bought one of those 'Happy Lights'? It's for S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder) - people getting draggy and depressed in the winter. I'd noticed I was really dragging and had no energy recently. It's very sleek, like an e-reader and wasn't too expensive. Only been using it for a week or so, and don't use it on the (rare) days when the sun actually shines, but I definitely feel an improvement. Mr ML has sat in front of it with me a few times too. It seems to help!

So sorry Em is struggling with sadness and distance and the new baby and his family. It's great that you can keep in touch with her PodMom even if you can't be there all the time. Yes, it's much easier to keep in touch nowadays than it used to. I moved a lot as a kid, and you'd never see or talk to your friends again, after writing a few letters maybe.

Wow keepsmiling that sounds like a great event for the kids, with gingerbread house building and movie characters showing up.

Speaking of Disney, I watched (and dozed through) Mickey Mouse's 90th birthday show on TV last night (2 hours...). It was cute and people came out and sang Disney songs. It was a big commercial for Disney, but it was nice. And Mr ML was watching a football game and a scary show on the other TV.

Thanksgiving seems to be coming up soon and Hanukah is early this year and I don't feel ready for any of this stuff! And now that I'm retired, I have nothing but time, so.. no excuse!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 11-06-2018, 02:43 PM
Elite Fan

keepsmiling That event for kids sounds lovely. I know you will adore having Piper with you so you can enjoy watching her enjoy herself very sweet. I wish you a wonderful visit!!

ML of course I thought of you when I heard about that horrible shooting tragic and so senseless. You know this kind of evil act happening over and over is making me think there might be demonic forces that get in control of some very compromised people. Some things like this just have a kind of evil about them that feels different from crazy

you guys are getting out to stuff...good for you.

Poor MrMl and the door...frustrating

more travel for me....what elses is new.....plus Arden ( great niece...sisters granddaughter at UD nearby) spent the whole weekend with us and wanted to go to Liz so back there I went ( was there Thursday to Friday afternoon) with she and Podad for the day and evening Saturday. It was a perfect fall day and we went to Anna Lee's schools fall festival which was fun. Outside...buy tickets for food and games fund raiser thing. Arden is struggling some with issues of insecurity and anxiety I knew about but she hasn't shown to me till now. Getting to feel more comfortable with us. Then Sunday after taking her out to Lunch after church we headed to OC after dropping her back at UD to meet workers we had come. Back here today to vote. Now finally catching up here.

Emily is sleep training Margot ie letting her cry it out in the crib. Going pretty well so far but that is always hard to do.

I know the holidays coming is always scary . We won't have our kids this Thanksgiving but will have them for Christmas . The girls decided to have it in OC ( more bedrooms) so that will be a big change. Getting a fake white tree and beachy decorations. Already found the perfect ones when I went with my friend Katie to Home Goods….I rarely ever shop and we hadn't seen each other for a while so went to lunch near her Dr by the mall and boom found good stuff so that is one thing done.

I got an email form Wenasking for prayer and I think she would be ok with you guys knowing. She has had some heart issues and is getting a heart cath tomorrow. If there is any blockage they will put in stents. The prayer is that she needs none! So please join me in praying for our dear friend.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:49 AM
Total Fan

Prayers are sent out for WEN. That heart issue must be a scary situation.

And ML......as PODMOM said, that shootings were just terrible. So much hate is built up I don't know when it will ever change. You are "out and about" as usual, so that is good.

PODMOM.......can just see you planning a "beachy Christmas" at OC. Everything is a challenge now, isn't it? One granddaughter is coming in next week and will help us drag out Christmas decorations and such. She has Mondays and Tuesdays off from the Historical Park she works at, so we are thrilled to have her visit and especially love the help for the old folks.

Busy time of year for everyone. Enjoy!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread