Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2018, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you for the sweet smell wishes keepsmiling well the House is t sweet smelling last I was there but it was much better. I’m with Emily till Friday ..... when I get drive with the rest of the world 😬 Podad went to Ocean City today lucky duck so at least we aren’t smelling it . This baby is adorable but really a pip 😯 the reflux is becoming better with 2 meds but she is so spoiled from being held to sleep to keep her vertical that she won’t stay in the crib for mornthwn 30 minutes as best. I’m afraid crying to sleep is going to be the only way to fix it . Emily has to get some sleep and I can’t be here all the time unfortunately. I can a lot but not constantly.... she has to figure it out but she is feeling insecure and of course so hard to let little baby’s cry . But you know all this.

ML and Wen
Old 08-31-2018, 07:12 AM
Total Fan

Thanks for checking in PODMOM. We can't keep up with all of your travels and responsibilities. Take care!
Old 09-02-2018, 08:56 AM
Master Fan

We're back from our vacation trip! The new suitcases were perfect and I packed pretty much all the right amount of stuff. It was hot in Canada (hey, it's August) and I hadn't brought any heavy pants or a sweatshirt or anything and didn't need one. I figured I could always buy a souvenir sweatshirt if I was cold. Trip had its ups and downs, but overall it was a nice time. This cruise line was extremely low key and low pressure, compared to the one we're used to, plus it was a smaller ship so not crowded.

Nice to go away but it is great to be home again! Ahh.

Oh my gosh PodMom about the broken freezer and stinky house! And of course it had to happen just when company was coming to visit/stay too!!

I bought a frozen turkey once that had turned bad and we only found out once it thawed (took it back to the store for our $ back) - worst smell I had ever smelled, so I can only imagine your basement with two of those stinky beasts!

I'm glad you got at least one day of rest. (Even the Lord needed one, after Creation!)

Sorry the new baby is difficult/has a fussy stomach. Very hard on new mothers (and the poor babies themselves, who don't feel right and don't know why).

There was a couple on the ship in the dining room - the man had a little boy, maybe 3 or 4, kneeling on his lap, head on his shoulder, fast asleep, and the Dad just put his napkin over the boy's back and was calmly enjoying his dinner.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 09-03-2018, 08:23 PM
Elite Fan

ML glad your trip went mostly well and of course good to get home. How was Canada? I’m thinking it would be nice to go there.

Podad and I are enjoying some peace in the beach house . It’s late but I wanted to let you girls know I’m still out here xxoo
Old 09-04-2018, 05:35 AM
Total Fan

PODMOM.........glad to hear you are enjoying some peace at the beach house. It is well deserved I'm sure.

ML......know you enjoyed your vacation. Good to have everyone home and in place again. Things are going slow here at Jason's place it appears.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

Well I haven’t been much help but of late that is for sure but when I get a spell at home where my computer is I’ll be catching up ..... which might be tonight. My neice at UD is in an unnairconditioned dorm and called and asked if she could spend the night at my house so I’m leaving OC a day early and maybe she will be doing homework and I can get some tine on my computer. I’m going to Liz’s so I can see her kids who I am missing. Especially little agrsce whonis growing up too fast ! So hopefully I’ll BBL xxoo
Old 09-05-2018, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

Well we're pretty much settled in, from the trip, except for more laundry to do. Canada is very nice. The people are very nice. It probably would have been smarter to go later in the year, when the foliage was gorgeous, but there also would have been even more tourists then.

Did I tell you Mr ML, who likes a challenging project, has started stripping the wallpaper from the living room, spackling the cracks, and painting it with a white primer. I'm still waffling on the final color - something tan (manila folderish, I'm leaning toward). But the living room is crammed with big furniture and tons of stuff, so I never thought it would be possible, but he's doing it, bit by bit, moving stuff, then putting it back (minus all the dust - ahem).

We fixed up the rest of the house when we moved up here after his Mom died, ?35 years ago, but we never did anything to the living room (except shove his Dad's piano from one side of the room to the other, scraping big gouges in the hardwood floors). So a freshening up is LONG overdue! He is the world's sloppiest painter though, which has made me very nervous, but he's (gasp) using a plastic dropcloth and actually being careful (a first for him, I think). We need to wash and repaint the ceiling too - I'm tempted to call in a professional for that.

HOT here too, hot hot hot and it's September already. I saw a photo from last year on FB from this time, and Mr ML had a winter hat and Mlette had long sleeves and a jacket. But tomorrow it's supposed to be 90s and 'feel like 100' (faint!) But after that, we should have a week of more normal weather, mid 70s. Ahh. I can't wait. This heat just saps my strength and makes me not feel like doing anything.

Enjoy little Grace and Liz's kids! And your niece - she'll probably want to chat with you all night.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 09-10-2018, 08:07 AM
Elite Fan

ML

Wow MrML is removing wallpaper and spackling too! I spackled a kitchen once and it looked terrible one tip....get a big blade ( or whatever those things are called) to smooth out the stuff. I vote for a professional for the ceiling! Way too hard to do them. Best of luck with the color. That is hard. I never, before Emily did this beach house, did colors on walls. Always just some off white for everything. Trim and ceilings Made painting easier but not exciting.

keepsmiling She did want to talk a lot.....she is a talker!.....we stayed up past 1. God has really had His hand in this situation. Arden is loving Inter Varsity ( Christian group at colleges) and has really plugged in. I know the guy who has headed it at UD for decades and he and his wife go to my church so I have been telling them about her and Hheis great and has been great with her. IV gives kids rides to many differs churches in the area. Arden didn't
t know what church I went to and picked mine out "randomly" and is coming to it. I got her after church yesterday ..took her to lunch and the grocery store which she asked to do. She decided to spend the day in the comfort of our home so I took her to her dorm to drop off food and pick up her computer. Making one of my bedrooms that has a desk her room. I made choc chip cookies and she like my girls loves the beaters and dough. Had dinner with us and binge watched some friends then I took her back around 9. It is kind of like having another "daughter" already.

Last edited by podmom; 09-10-2018 at 08:14 AM
Old 09-10-2018, 10:34 AM
Elite Fan

hi again girls....I'm posting something here that I just put on the music thread because it is a piece of music that is SO beautiful...the following will be the post I put there>>

Check this out ….my great niece who started her freshman year here by me at UD turned me onto this awesome piece of choral music …….she is a music major. So this choir is using wine glasses to make sound during this piece. You know how you run your finger around the top of the glass.... so that sound at diferent pitches is always going while they sing. It actually sounds like a heavenly choir might sound. Very unique and beautiful.

this first link is to listen to because it sounded the best I think but you cant actually see the wine glasses.....so the second link will be a choir where you can see the glasses.

I hope you like this as much as I do

oh and I see that some of the choirs do it in the dark like this first one and have little lights too like...Stars because that is the name of the piece.

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GLMmacW09A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNIiJX-K5p8
Old 09-10-2018, 04:02 PM
Total Fan

PODMOM.......thank you for sharing the beautiful musical selections. The water glass accompaniment was very unusual.
So many talented voices!
Old 09-11-2018, 12:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Hey guys.....what's up?
Old 09-12-2018, 09:31 AM
Total Fan

Hi TIGEREYES........a voice from the past. How are things treating you now?
So glad you stopped in to let us know you're still there.

I'd like to have an update!
Carolyn
Old 09-12-2018, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigereyes (View Post)
Hey guys.....what's up?
Tigereyes!!! So happy to see you

Certainly lots of life for all of us has been going on. Not much with Jason

Come on back and we will dish

keepsmiing
Old 09-15-2018, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

Thanks PodMom for the New Year greetings! Things have been kind of busy this week with the holidays and Yom Kippur is Tues/Wednesday and then my son arrives (for a week) Wednesday night, and my brother and his wife arrive (for a week) on Saturday so.. whee!

Mr ML has done a great job on the living room (not a great spackler because he didn't sand it before painting it, but the walls here are really old anyway). Has all the wallpaper off, all the walls primed, the ceiling washed in preparation for painting (I'm really worried about him splattering paint everywhere from the ceiling...) and he painted the window trim (4 windows) and I washed the curtains and he wiped down the window shades - it's so fresh and bright in there. Well, kind of blindingly bright right now, but I'm very excited about the color MLette and I picked for the walls, it's sort of a rosy tan. Leaning toward a faint blue-ish tint to the ceilings.

But we have to put the reno on hold until the company comes and goes. And he is usually the worst, most careless messy painter, but he outdid himself being careful in there with drop cloths etc and didn't ruin anything (except his clothes - he gets paint all over himself when he paints, I have no idea how he does it). He needs to keep busy, so he was very happy to have a big project to tackle.

It will be so nice to have my son here for week! And it will be a great break for him, being off work, not having to care for the dog, the wife, the house, etc. She doesn't lift a finger, I don't think, he does everything. Well, she can do some things for a week (ahem). He's looking forward to getting some sleep! Dog wakes him up at 5:30 every morning (wife keeps him up late at night, I think too).

My brother and his wife are probably going to drive me crazy. The sermon today was about how tactful Moses was, when he handed the leadership over to Joshua, saying "I'm old and can't come and go" (even though he was fine, at 120 years!) - He had us meditate briefly on how to improve our tactfulness/kindness with people. I can work on that! Not sure what we're going to do, to entertain all this company for a week. My brother is hoping to visit our Uncle in CT, Dad's baby brother (who is ?92), maybe visit our other Uncle (who has dementia), maybe revisit places he grew up (in Maine and NH). We'll see... I'm sure all that will be super boring for his wife.

The big Eastern States Exposition (state fair) is happening in Western Mass, too. Never been, but it sounds like something my kids would enjoy. Not so sure my sister-in-law, who is afraid of cows and stuff like that! Should be an interesting couple of weeks!

That's wonderful the niece came and stayed and is going to your church. Like having one of your girls home again Poddy. :>

One of my Roswell/JIB fan friends HeartofIce is off on a trip to Germany with her husband and 86 year old brother-in-law (was married to her late sister) and she is finding that traveling with old people is not the easiest thing! Stubborn and set in their ways, etc.

Oh I've never seen a chorus that sings and plays glasses at the same time - what concentration - plus they have to memorize the music! Every chorus I sang in, we had folders of music (and we looked at it). I've been thinking I should find a chorus to join again, now that I'm retired.

That music reminds me of these metal musical drums I discovered - there are various types, sort of like steel drums, only they are rounded and have sections tuned to different notes. I saw one up in Vermont on the way to Canada, at the Vermont rest area. Guy made a video of one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkp_Bu441q4

I looked into them more online and there is one that sort of looks like a space ship, called a 'hand pan' that plays the most ethereal beautiful music, just tapping it with your fingers on various tuned areas of the metal drum. These two guys play them, I guess professionally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvmOoSFhhJ4

They're expensive though and hard to get and I dont' know what I'd do with one except noodle around. People use them for spiritual/meditation type playing I think. All the guys seems to have long dreadlocks who play them! LOL! But I was just blown away by the sound of them.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 09-15-2018 at 02:27 PM
Old 09-23-2018, 04:08 PM
Total Fan

Sure is quiet around this thread. But then I know ML had her son visiting and her hubby is working on projects around the house. It seems like those projects always produce more and more projects.

And PODMOM is busy being a grandmother. Wonder if she is getting some peace at the beach these days?

Hello to all.......we're just fine here.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread