Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2017, 07:54 AM
Master Fan

You're right keepsmiling Those new drugs are so pricey - I remember when Mlette was sick, she had to get a Neupogen shot, and each shot cost $1,500! Thank G-d for health insurance - I said that quite a lot when she was sick. And now our current government wants to take it away from everybody (except themselve). Yes, people of every age struggle with health issues. My DIL is still in the hospital, has been in since Friday or Saturday with diabetes and other stuff that's been going on with her.

Yikes PodMom about the finger fixing. Hope it goes well and isn't too annoying until it heals up.

I hope I'll like retirement. Mr ML is very bored but then he's not very good at thinking of stuff to do. I liked when I stayed home to recover from my knee and from my hip - felt like I was enjoying my house for the first time, instead of leaving it in the morning and dragging myself back to it for a few hours at night, to fall into bed and do it over again the next day. Even though it's going to be very wrenching and tons of work, I'm looking forward to selling and moving and buying a nice new place in a warmer climate (with a community swimming pool, etc). A fresh start!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 05-11-2017, 05:59 AM
Total Fan

I'm off to number one college graduation for this spring.
Will check in the first of next week.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:19 AM
Master Fan

Safe travels keepsmiling! Enjoy the graduation! We'll miss you

DIL is still in the ICU - I hope they send her home soon. My son is calling every night and talking for hours
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 05-12-2017, 05:35 AM
Addicted Fan

Hi Everyone!
I'm sooo Sorry for being so MIA. I was locked out for what seems like forever because I couldn't remember my password! Thank goodness, after trying for weeks, I finally put in the right password and Finally got in! I Really need to write down all my passwords instead of keeping them all in my head, as that proves it's a faulty system!

Thank you Everyone for your concerns about me! You All are the Best! And Thank you MyrnaLynne, for keeping everyone updated for me. I really appreciate that!
I went to my Podiatrist on Monday, and she was Very Happy with the progress of my healing! She said that the cellulitis in my leg should be completely healed in about another 4 weeks. And the ulcer on my foot I can start cleansing it with regular water again as the sterile water is no longer needed! And she said it's not long now for my foot to be healed completely! It's all baby steps, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
But now I'm having a hard time with my lower back and my hips! They are absolutely Killing me! I'm used to my lower back Killing me, but my hips are a new thing! UGH! I'm on anti-inflammatory meds, and other meds that the Dr gave me, and nothing is working. I'm just miserable. I can't go anywhere without my walker if I have to go out, but mostly I have just been staying put in the house because it hurts too much to walk!

Safe Travels Keepsmiling! I hope you really enjoy the Graduation!

Hi Poddy! How's the progress on the Haven going? That's going to be a Really Big Project! I wish you Good Luck with it!!!

MyrnaLynne, I hope you have a really good day today! And that was Great that you got to have the Free Lunch after all! Yay!

Biggest Hugs to All,
Wen
JB's Obsessed Fan#64
( I LOVE JASON BEHR!!!)
"God never gives you more than you can handle.
I just wish He didn't have so much Trust in me."
...Mother Theresa
Old 05-12-2017, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

Debbie called to say she was home and out of the hospital, returning Mr ML's get well phone message. I'm so happy she's out of the hospital and back home. Not much of a phone talker though..

I'm glad you remembered how to get in Wen we've been missing you, and keepsmiling is off to some graduations.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 05-13-2017, 01:28 PM
Addicted Fan

MyrnaLynne, I'm so glad Debbie is out of the hospital! I was a bit worried because they kept her in ICU for so long! I hope there are no more hospital trips for her for a very long time!

I hope Keepsmiling, is enjoying the graduation festivities!

And thank you for missing me. That's really nice of you! I'm glad I Finally remembered my password too! I really need to write them down instead of keeping them all in my head!

We are going out to eat for an Early Mother's Day today, because tomorrow will just be too crowded! And this way, I can go visit MOTHER tomorrow, and not be rushed to have a time limit of when I have to be back.
I got her the best present for MOTHER'S Day! It's a clock that not only has the time, but Also the Day of the week in big letters, and it Also displays whether it's Morning, or Afternoon, or Night! She has problems remembering what day it is, and with the curtains drawn, she doesn't know if it's night or day time, so this clock is really going to help her! I also got her some nice comfy slippers which she'll really like too! And I got her a heart-shaped helium balloon with colorful flowers all on it that says, "Happy Mother's Day", on it! She should like that too!

I Hope Everyone has a Wonderful Mother's Day!!!
Biggest Hugs,
Wen
JB's Obsessed Fan#64
( I LOVE JASON BEHR!!!)
"God never gives you more than you can handle.
I just wish He didn't have so much Trust in me."
...Mother Theresa
Old 05-13-2017, 02:49 PM
Elite Fan

ML Goodness I had no idea Debbie was in ICU she must really be in bad shape and your poor son is so stressed. I Pray she continues to heal and somehow starts to mature for your sons sake. s all around.

I know you will like having your time to yourself at last!!! I still worry that you will move to a warm climate but miss your warm daughter. Maybe sweet guy will move with her near you guys!!!

Moving is a horror....we will kind of be moving ( but so much smaller scale then our PA house) when we tear down the small Haven and have to store all the furniture and dishes and small stuff.

keepsmiling congratulations on another graduate! Have fun and yes have safe travels

Wen Wonderful to see you here and especially to hear that the "baby steps" are leading to full recovery I know so many passwords these days :O I do have most written down but some always escape getting written down and all the brew ha ha that it takes to redo it all. Of course these are "western" problems

I have been with Liz a lot so MIA here....I go there tomorrow for Mothers Day ( I got flowers from my sweet Emily today...from her wedding florist...she arranged for them before leaving for her France trip....BTW she has been texting me every night pix and small comments on the day..... she is having fun and now is in Lyon...has a slight cold now but not too bad) and looks like I need to spend the night to watch the baby while Liz takes AL for tests. Tuesday I leave for my sisters for a week so I will have to post from my phone or one of their laptops. I will be there a week then back here a couple of days to visit with kids then podad and I will go to OC so I can plant my flowers there before I have hand surgery June 1st. Have I told you guys about the big cyst type thing on my right ring finger. I went to hand surgeon a couple 3 weeks ago..he drained it but it filled right back up. I think a broken blood vessel. Worst part is to be out of commission for 2 weeks and not being able to wipe with my right hand for two weeks sorry I know that is TMI
Old 05-14-2017, 07:07 PM
Master Fan

Emily is in France! How sweet to make sure you got flowers PodMom and to let you know how it's going.

That finger thing sounds awful - I hope they figure it out and fix it.

Yes! Debbie was in the ICU for a week and then she came home like nothing happened. I hope she can figure out how to take care of herself and what to eat (and not eat) to stay healthy. She is such a difficult person.. As my Dad said, my son 'married a lemon!'

Moving is definitely a horror and we haven't done it for 35+ years, either. I moved every couple of years growing up and hated it (and of course it was Mom who had to handle those moves) so I was happy to put down roots and stay in one place. But it just makes so much financial sense to sell and move, plus I want to go down to FL and be with my Dad while he's still around (although who knows, he could outlive me, the way he's going). But I wish Mlette would move with us and be a nurse wherever we end up, but her fellow is going to stay around here, so she is too. SIGH. It's a hard decision.

But Mr ML really hates the cold and the winter. I'm not a fan of it either! Although I don't like the broiling heat either.

It was a very nice Mother's Day weekend; MLette came both Saturday and Sunday - we ate lunch out and went for ice cream Saturday, and today we went to Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and I cooked this vegetarian meatball recipe for dinner. We went to the Library booksale too and I got a book by Joel Osteen; he's very uplifting and for $1 I grabbed it.

Our weather has been sooo lousy and cold and damp and rainy and windy. It's been 50F days and 40F nights for a week, which is very cold for this time of year. Oh well, it might be 90 on Thursday! Crazy crazy weather. Sorry the fun is over and back to work tomorrow. :<
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 05-15-2017, 12:56 PM
Total Fan

Home again......the two graduations were great. At the first gathering my son and daughter got together and decided that I should not be doing the 6 hour alone the next day with hubby since he has been falling so much lately. So my daughter came from Cypress and drove with us. There are great one hour flights, but it is even more difficult to fly with hubby than drive. We have lots of medical stuff to take along.

My daughter said she enjoyed seeing some of the family members she hadn't plan to, but of course I felt bad because she had a house full of company from her son's graduation, she has health issues herself and a husband with pancreatic cancer.

The first graduation was my grandson's. He is an honor grad in economics and will be heading to DC for a two year program at the Federal Reserve. After that he will continue with grad school to get his masters/PHD. Our granddaughter got her masters and is off to continue sports training at the university level. She's the outstanding athlete of the family.

The second graduation started out very tense. It had been awkward for my step-daughter with all of her exes family at first. Her former mother-in-law always blamed Julie for the divorce. But we hope this is a new start for all as they are a very nice family.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:33 AM
Master Fan

Keepsmiling wow, your grandkids are amazing! Wow Federal Reserve and then masters/PhD! Those definitely were graduations to attend and be proud of. That's great that your daughter came and helped with the driving (My son lives in Cypress! I forgot they lived there too). It's very difficult to travel when you are older and one person is ill and has lots of stuff to lug around. You are troopers/great grandparents! My Mrs Boss is dealing with that - Mr Boss falls a lot too, with the Parkinsons and whatever else wrong with him. :<

All the company and celebration probably was good for your daughter, took her mind off their troubles for awhile (one can hope!)

I can imagine step and exes and divorce stuff would be awkward at a graduation. Hope it went smoothly.

My poor best friend in FL just went off to visit her sister with dementia, while there is still a sister left to visit, and the night before her trip, her brother ina nother state died (who had also been dying of COPD etc). Wow, double whammy. Her family wasn't close/estranged for years, but still, family is family and neither sibling was that old/both are terrible conditions. My friend is very smart but her older sister was brilliant (and now losing her mind). SIGH. sigh sigh sigh. My friend had no kids, her sister had no kids; at least her brother had kids and an (?ex) wife to be with him when he passed. sad. He was a very sweet kid, but went to Vietnam and was never the same when he came back - drugs, drinking, I don't know what, but the war left him in a bad way. (sigh)
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 05-19-2017, 05:09 AM
Total Fan

We sure miss PODMOM when she isn't around!
Old 05-19-2017, 08:43 AM
Master Fan

Yes, true keepsmiling! PodMom keeps the ball rolling!

Wow it was HOT here yesterday - temps jumped up about 50 degrees from Monday (45 to 95!) !

Luckily they are going to cool off again to 'normal' - you don't expect a day like the middle of August to happen in May. Then again, he had a hot day in April too - weather is crazy.

Well, I suppose I can't talk about HOT to somebody living in Texas.

Funny thing was, my friend in FL went up to NY (as I said above) and she bought warmer clothes to wear, because it had been freezing cold there, but when they got there, it was almost 90! Surprise! She would have been fine with her usual Florida clothes. You never know!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 05-20-2017, 08:08 AM
Total Fan

We know about hot here......and with air conditioning every where we live fine with it. I can't imagine what it was like before A/C. I do know my blood is way too thin for cold weather. Besides that I don't have the right kind of clothes. My granddaughter that now lives in MI hated this past winter, her first up there. She called her younger sister with a great problem......how to choose a winter coat she had to wear every day? Of course her sister was no help.

We're having a nice rain right now......I was going for a long walk, but will postpone that for later.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:12 AM
Master Fan

Rain here too Keepsmiling. Well it was 95 last week and this morning it was 48 again and the heat coming up! It's really hard to know how to dress after being hot and breaking out the sandals etc. Or how many blankets to put back on the bed. I changed my clothes several times this weekend because first I was too hot, then I was too cold.. At least now I can change my clothes, now that my husband isn't sleeping all day in the bedroom (where the clothes are) but is on a normal schedule.

Winter is a very bad surprise to people from hot climates! They expect it to be so pretty but they don't realize how miserable it can be. I remember a girl from Hawaii who went to my (New England) college and she didn't even own a coat. I think the student aid society had to find her one, so she didn't freeze to death!

Your blood does get thin pretty quickly once you live in a hot place. We visited my folks in Florida and my Mom actually said "Put on a coat, it's 70 out!" Like we'd freeze.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 05-23-2017, 06:46 AM
Total Fan

Thanks to ML.......she keeps this thread going.
We also appreciate her updates on WEN.

I'm going to play bridge this afternoon. And enjoy the fellowship of the ladies.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread