Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2023, 06:15 PM
Master Fan

Guess I ought to get with the times, if I want to see what the Behr family is up to these days!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
MyrnaLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

Did you get on Instagram yet?
JournalingJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 06:18 AM
Total Fan

Hello friends, just checking in.
They keep us mighty busy here but we are enjoying every minute.
Hope all is well with everyone.
keepsmiling7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 04:11 PM
Master Fan

Well, it looks like I might have Covid - my worst fear! I wore a mask everywhere this past weekend but we did a lot.

Home test was very very faintly positive. Going for a drive-thru test tomorrow. It's just a mild cold so far (I've had every vaccine that's out there). Yesterday, scratchy throat, this morning, stuffy nose, now sinuses are aching.

MLette was coming over today because it's her Dad's birthday, but we're having his party next weekend. I told her and said she didn't have to come but she's a nurse and said "Puhleeze, do you know how many people with Covid cough on me every day at work!" I'm wearing a mask. We looked at some wedding related stuff. I am very bummed.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-13-2023, 09:41 AM
Master Fan

Yep, did the drive-thru test yesterday and it came back positive this morning - Covid.
I am so bummed
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-14-2023, 05:07 PM
Master Fan

Oh no Myrnalynne!!!!! After all this time too……. where is Max when you need him!?

I feel like it’s just out there and endemic now. Hoping you have a mild case. I know so many who have had it and have had it a few times (always presenting with different symptoms) and it doesn’t matter if one was vaccinated or not I get breakthrough cases with vaccines , but Covid has really tested that. My dad will not get any booster, he said he’s done. Sigh.

I thought one of my kids had it last May, we tested him several times and even had a PCR test done about a week after he first had symptoms. He was always negative, but my goodness was he sick. Then again none of the rest of us ever had anything. Covid has been so strange.
Old 01-17-2023, 10:31 AM
Master Fan

JJ I get Covid fatigue, but this latest bivalent/double Covid booster seems like a very good idea, and I think I'd probably be much sicker than just 'cold symptoms' without it. Still scares me that I keep testing positive after a week, but then I heard you can test positive up to 2 weeks afterwards. I just hate to think what the virus might be up to, while it's hanging around in me. So far Mr ML has avoided getting sick.

We went out bride dress shopping with Mlette yesterday (I wore an N95 mask the whole time) and then out to lunch after with the future in-laws plus Mlette's friend who is also in the wedding. Didn't find 'the dress' and David's bridal was a ZOO on MLK day - definitely not the 'Yes to the Dress' experience we were expecting, the 'consultant' helping lady was barely any help at all, she was helping a few other people at the same time - we were underwhelmed (and didn't find a dress). The bridesmaids looked at dress colors and started thinking about that... Wow, why are weddings so complicated?

I am not used to doing things with a committee/entourage. It's fun for them, but I think we'd get a lot more accomplished if we just went and shopped ourselves (without the peanut gallery). The grooms sisters are SUPER excited and very bouncy energetic types (like Tigger). Which is nice but... tiring.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-18-2023, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

With the PCR test you can be positive for a while since it is fairly sensitive. No one really knows what this will do years from now. The chicken pox virus causes shingles decades later.

Dress shopping can be fun, but I think it gets crazy with too many . I have been in two weddings and I didn’t go dress shopping with the bride, that was a time for her and her mother and very close family. Maybe they do things different now…

I do know my mother in law took great care in picking out her dress for my wedding. It was a beautified velvet gown since we were getting married in late November . Only hiccup was it was an unusual 21C day and she was hot!!!
Old 01-18-2023, 08:02 PM
Master Fan

With the climate the way it is, it could be hot in October or we could have snow!! It's so true.

I'm looking forward to mother-of-the bride dress shopping. It's that TV show 'Say Yes to the Dress" that gave people the idea of a group appointment and people sitting around on a plush sofa and having a vote/say on the bride's dress. When I got married, I went to a store and bought a dress. Nobody came with me, I didn't ask anybody what they thought. We're going to go and shop together and maybe then when we narrow down/zero in on the dress, we can invite the 'group' to come again and 'vote' (once the decision is really already made) and then we can buy the dress and go out to lunch (again) together to celebrate (and move on to the next thing!). She came over today and we looked at various brands of wedding dresses online until our eyeballs nearly fell out.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-22-2023, 10:32 AM
Master Fan

Well 12 days later, I finally tested negative for Covid. A good thing, as Mr ML's family wanted to go out to lunch together today (on Chinese New Year), and meet at some Chinese restaurant that is conveniently located. BUT I read the reviews of this place, and they are horrible, including bugs crawling on at least one customer1 And the food isn't very good there either. SIGH. It will be nice to see my nephew's little girl and new baby boy though. But I'm NOT expecting a 'good time' (and hoping it won't be a superspreader event or horrible meal).

Wedding planning is in high gear now! DJ hired, photographer hired, testing out a hairdresser this week, going to look at more bride dresses next weekend. Whee! We have the list of people to invite typed up/ready to put on mailing labels (to send out the save-the-date cards). So much to figure out - poor Mlette her head is exploding.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-22-2023, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

Wow so exciting for wedding planning. We had a magnet save the date of the wedding we attended at the end of December on our fridge for 6 months!!!! Now I feel guilty about it, but I took the magnet down after the wedding. My kids asked where the magnet on the fridge with the couple “in love” went now we have a candle (from the wedding) with the picture of the happy couple sitting on the island in the kitchen. I told the kids the happy couple is still with us!!!

Our favorite Chinese restaurant is closed for New Years. It’s family run so they must take some time off. They do have a buffet just for new years that will be available all this coming week.
Old 01-29-2023, 03:10 PM
Master Fan

Second bridal salon was a success! Mlette ordered a (gorgeous) bride dress - it will be here in July, to be fitted! Glad she didn't wait much longer to find one. It's really pretty. The whole 'entourage' came again, and then we went out to lunch to celebrate afterwards.

LOL, funny about the 'save the date' magnet JJ - I still have my son and DIL's save the date magnet on our fridge (and they've been married ~10 years already) So cute, the kids 'missed' the happy couple.

It makes sense if a Chinese place closed for their holiday, but it guess some places are all business.

I took another Covid test before the bride dress trip, just to double check - still negative. But my best friend and her hubby down in FL just came down with Covid, and she's been very sick. Can't taste anything, sleeping a lot, etc.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-11-2023, 08:23 AM
Total Fan

Hi ML......

Sorry I've been missing, We are so busy here that I just haven't had time. But I enjoyed the report on the bridal dress shopping. Big time progress!
Think I might have mentioned earlier, we have a grandson getting married in November. So now we have that to look forward to and don't have to do much planning. We love his young lady, she's a teacher like him.

How is PODMOM doing?
keepsmiling7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

keepsmiling that's so nice your grandson is a teacher and is marrying a teacher too. Our wedding is in October and your family wedding in November. A lot to look forward to.

The groom's parents booked a (fancy) place for the rehearsal dinner, the night before the wedding. We went up there Friday and looked at it with them, and ate lunch there (old historic place but amazing food). Mlette has hired a DJ, photographer, videographer, hair and makeup gal, and ordered her bridal gown. Progress! We sent out the 'save the date' cards last week. She and the bridesmaids (only 3) are zeroing in on a dress color.

My friend and her fellow who got Covid are on the mend - phew!

We went up to NH to an Orchid society show at a hotel (3rd year we've gone) and my Star Trek lady friend met us there (Mlette came too) and we looked at the flowers and went out for Chinese lunch. She had been struggling, caring for her (older) husband who is Alzy (he'll be 96 next week); She's almost 80 herself and has her own health issues, and caring for him was very hard (and she's a very stubborn, do it yourself type person). Anyway, we found out he'd taken ill, and went from the hospital to a Home, so now he's being cared for and she isn't breaking her back trying to do it herself. I was very relieved for her, although it was very hard/sad for her.

My friend in FL's older sister, who was barely there with Lewy Body dementia (and also being cared for at home by a devoted husband who had wrecked up his back hauling her around, although he did hire some caregivers) - anyway, that sister just passed away (I think she was in her mid-late 70s?). Very sad, but also a blessing, because she wasn't 'there' anymore and was wasting away. SIGH.

Hm I guess the good news is that winter hasn't been too bad at all - NO snow or ice on the ground, temps in the 40-50 F (except for that one really frigid night we had). Mr ML is sure winter is over (not that we had any) but I think he's rushing things - the snow/cold could still be coming....
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 03-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

I'm alive I think

Sorry to be MIA forever...I blame this new computer I hate to get on

I just read this pg...I'm sorry you got covid ML I see it took a long time to tst negative but not sure if you got very sick....looked like not bad and I hope that was the case?

keepsmiling sounds like things still busy and happy in your kinda new digs

Emily and her husband and 2 little ones have been dealing with Covid the last few days little Sloan is the last to catch it...Emily was first....she has had to power through of course ( her husband did the kids for 2 days till he got sick) I pray they all are better soon.

We were in Maine with Liz and family on a ski vacation....me not skiing but shutteling the girls l off the mountain when they got sick of skiing. Tommy never tires of it. I clean.play barbies with Grace and enjoy the snow....that we have gotten non of so far in PA...I hope it stays that way because my daffodils have started to bloom

I am finally taking that medicine to try and calm down this thyroid growth ( do you guys even remember that? I didn't take it because Covid had just started and it is an immune supressent so I was going to wait till Covid was over. I have to take it so I can get an operation to remove that side of my thyroid. Remember that thyroid storm thing? SO God willing this toxic nodule gets supressed enough that I don't have a thyroid storm during the surgery ( cause heart attack or stroke if that happened) if blood test shows my levels are down enough that surgery happens March 30. Pretty scary operation.... will take about 2 hours. The prayer is that I come out of the surgery ok and that my vocal chords don't get permanently messed up. In the fall I will be getting a total knee.... aging is fun

I'm excited for the wedding ML it sounds wonderful

hi JJ