Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2022, 01:42 PM
Master Fan

You are so busy keepsmiling! Sounds like a lot of fun. We haven't heard anything about anyone hosting a family Christmas (which is probably just as well, with Covid still going around, as well as flu), but that's fine. I think the last night of Hanukah is on Christmas this year.

I just finished most of my December decorating, but Mr ML has his monthly poker game (on the dining room table) the middle of December, so I'll have to wait until that is over to dress up the table.

And holiday cards! ACK! I need to get going on those. And I have hardly any gifts for anybody yet.

I'm SO mad though, we haven't had a mail delivery since the day before Thanksgiving! I looked online but couldn't see a place to report it, so I went to the post office to report it and the man gave me a slip of paper with their main post office numbers on it. I called the first one - no answer. I called the other - robot lady, who was no help, transferred me to a 'representative' - which was the first number, which nobody answered! I went back online and finally found a place to submit a report/question about what happened to our mail delivery. I'm old and retired, the mail coming is the highlight of my day, most days. Even if it's all junk and I throw most of it away again!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
MyrnaLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 05:10 PM
Total Fan

ML......sounds like you are making good progress with holiday decorating. Did you ever get your mail delivery back on schedule?
keepsmiling7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

The mailman showed up on Tuesday (no delivery since previous Wednesday). Hubby asked what happened and he said our carrier was out sick and the post office just didn't bother replacing him! We got that delivery, and then a second one, and then a THIRD! Delivery on Tuesday! And on Wednesday, two deliveries again! But nothing Saturday so.. I don't know what's up with the Post office. I hope we'll get some mail today (Monday). I do look forward to it, even though I end up recycling/tossing most of it.

I'm SO EXCITED! My son is flying up to visit (solo) for a week, and he's coming the day after tomorrow! I just keep hoping nothing 'comes up' that he has to cancel his visit (worry). His wife has been known to take ill (make herself sick) and end up in the hospital (sigh). I wonder how she'll manage without him, and how she'll do taking care of their (tiny) dog, as I don't think she usually does much at all.

And my daughter and future son-in-law are flying away for 4 days, to visit his sister and family in Indiana and do some Christmasy stuff, the day after my son arrives! So it's a question whether the two kids will even get to see each other, while he's here.

Plus my sister-in-law across the street is moving to her assisted living place (FINALLY) on Thursday, so it's going to be a very eventful week, full of comings and goings. I went to the post office today to change her address (under orders from Mr ML's brother, who is in charge of her affairs).
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-12-2022, 07:33 AM
Total Fan

ML.....I know you will enjoy your son's "solo" visit. I'm glad he can stay a long period of time. You have to share your daughter with other relatives, that comes with the union.
We are going to have most of our children, grandchildren, etc. on Saturday, Christmas Eve. We'll do gifts, eat, catch up on everyone and play a few games. Before night time they will all start scattering to go to other families. Once again we have rented a suite at the Sheraton Hotel close by to host everyone. This worked out well last year.
keepsmiling7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 05:58 PM
Master Fan

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas keepsmiling! My brother-in-law was here for hubby's poker afternoon with the guys, and he mentioned that their sister wants to get together with everybody after Christmas/New Years.

Had a nice week with my son, although I was afraid he was bored - We are pretty dull company! My daughter's trip out to Indiana and back worked out well too and she saw her brother the night before she left, and the day before he left! They went horseback riding (!) in Indiana and went to a 'Polar Express' train thing. Elaborate

Yay, packages are shipped, I just finished the online ordering (stuff will be late) and finished up the last of the holiday cards! I'm tired! Now that poker is done, I can get the table set up for Hanukah (starts Sunday night, goes until Christmas night).
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-26-2022, 07:06 PM
Master Fan

Podmom is still alive…..just grand kid busy
JournalingJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 07:00 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the update on PodMom, JJ! She's so lucky to have all those grandkids keeping her busy.

We didn't get any mail on Monday, but then we realized day after Christmas was a holiday (after we put our trash out for pickup today, and then realized it's a holiday and won't go until tomorrow)

Mr ML has been bringing mail over to our sister-in-law who has moved to the Home; I wonder when (if ever) the order to forward her mail I put in 3 weeks ago or so, will kick in.

My friend in FL is getting a cataract operation this morning. Hope all goes well; I woke up very early today (unusual for me!), thinking up anecdotes to tell on Jeopardy! Funny, since Dec 24 marked the end of the 18 months within which they might call me to be on the show, so that ship has sailed for this year. Debating whether to try out for it again in January (or not). I know, if I go, I won't win - best I can hope for is to come in 2nd, I think. Or if I won, it would only be one game.
They film 5 games (a week's shows) in a single day, and you have to play standing up at the game podium, and I'm not very good at standing up for a long time. sigh. Not to mention the arthritis in my buzzer-pushing thumb!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-27-2022, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

Oh no….that is a bummer about Jeopardy. I love watching that show!
I didn’t know we weren’t going to have mail delivered on Monday either. Mr JJ had off on Friday from his company for the holiday. Guess it would have been a disaster to not have mail on Friday,,l,,
Old 12-28-2022, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

Yes we watch Jeopardy! all the time.

Glad Mr JJ got Friday off. My son's company made a mistake and gave the Thurs, Fri and Mon off, over Christmas. But nobody was complaining!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-30-2022, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Today is December 30th and you know what that means. Happy Birthday Jason Behr! Wishing you much success and happiness always!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy new year everyone!

Damocles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

Happy 2023!

I hope Jason had a wonderful birthday!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-03-2023, 07:53 PM
Master Fan

Looks like Jason had a fantastic birthday accounting to his Instagram stories!!!
Old 01-05-2023, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

That's good to hear, since I don't 'do' Instagram.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-05-2023, 07:34 PM
Master Fan

Aww…..
Although he really likes the stories features on Instagram and unfortunately they expire and go away after 24 hours
Reply   Post New Thread