Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2022, 04:50 PM
Master Fan

JOFS (Jason’s Older Fans) #1 ~ Anything Goes!

Another trip around 300 posts!!!

I think someone was talking about it getting cold out there and switching from summer to fall wardrobes!! I know I have way too many clothes also!!! However I sure do love my bulky warm sweaters!!, Tonight on our local news the meteorologist mentioned it is about 11C below normal for this time of year. I must have slept through fall since it feels it went from summer to winter here!!!
JournalingJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

When I bring out my clothes for the new season, it's like meeting old friends again!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
MyrnaLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 10:23 AM
Total Fan

I have the same feeling ML.
For me it is important to get the previous season's clothes out of sight for a while.
keepsmiling7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

Hi ladies. Stopping by to say hello. I’m enjoying not being hot. 😊☀️
Old 10-06-2022, 10:39 AM
Total Fan

PODMOM......it's great to see your post again, hope all is well with your family.

Hi ML: any new wedding plans??
Old 10-10-2022, 09:19 AM
Master Fan

No, no progress on the wedding, but MLette and her fiance are coming over today, because it's a holiday and he has off work (ex Columbus Day, now Indigenous People Day). I made some cookie dough that had to chill overnight, and we're going to bake a few cookies. No idea what we're going to do for lunch though. MLette was hoping our Thai food place that closed for renovation would be open again, but I saw that they are reopening under a new name, plus they were never open on Mondays (and it's Monday).

I am in full winter clothing mode now. I just put away my baseball caps and brought out the bag of winter hats/scarves. I suppose I need to bring out a few jackets too!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 10-12-2022, 05:45 AM
Total Fan

ML......you are making great progress with your wardrobe change out You've had the visit from MLette now, so any progress with wedding plans?
We're still waiting for news from my grandson on his upcoming plans. Since they are both teachers, we expect the wedding to be in July.....but who knows. My daughter and I are planning a cruise, and want him (rather the bride to be) to make plans so we can make ours.

Today we are celebrating Oktoberfest. Great german food is being served in the dining room and we have entertainment, The Hot Peppers German Band. There is so much fun stuff going on.
Old 10-12-2022, 07:03 AM
Master Fan

I'm so glad you are having so much fun at your new place keepsmiling - I am SO looking forward to moving (and having fun) but Mr ML is still so attached to his basketball buddies but it will be too cold for him to play in the park fairly soon.

No, we didn't even discuss the wedding. It took us long enough to decide where to eat lunch!

The cookies were really cute, although my son called, enroute home from his trip and wanting to chat, so I put him on speaker phone while we were making cookies. He wet to Las Vegas for a work trip, his company was putting on a fan convention for the game he's working on now. Pretty cool!

Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 10-12-2022, 08:07 AM
Total Fan

ML....LOVE those cookies, Makes me hungry!
Old 10-13-2022, 06:11 PM
Master Fan

Thanks keepsmiling! They are great cookies even plain, but I've never dressed them up before and they came out so cute. Make me smile! (And they won't last long!)

Went to lunch yesterday in southern NH with my two Star Trek lady friends. Friend brought her very elderly (and Alzy) husband; he was pretty pleasant but looking shabby, just sat there and ate and drank what she put in front of him, but caring for him is getting very difficult and she's not that steady on her feet or in great health herself.

Today we picked a bunch of grapes and brought them up to Mr ML's cousin's daughter (who has a lot of health issues and is sort of a shut-in) to make jelly with, and then went out to lunch with Mlette and her fiance, who was off work to get Covid booster/ flu shot. We didn't stay too long, in case they started feeling bad after the shot(s) and needed to rest.

A nice day, except for poor Mr ML, who threw his back out yesterday right before we left for lunch in NH! He needed to get home and rest himself.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 10-19-2022, 06:36 AM
Total Fan

Hope all is well with everyone!
Old 10-20-2022, 05:31 PM
Master Fan

Mr ML's back is very slow to mend (maybe because he didn't go see a doctor or chiropractor, just taking occasional Tylenol and using the heating pad). But he hasn't been able to play basketball or do exercises (like lifting weights) and he's pretty unhappy about it.

MLette ordered a wooden rocking chair for John - he's admired mine for years and wanted to get one but never has. We took a trip up to their place today and Mlette and I assembled it! We also went out and got Thai food from a new (to us) place. We got there after 2, and the place closed at 3 pm, but we assured them we were fast eaters, and we were out before 3 (and they were happy to get our business, I'm sure).

Funny because I'd decided to order rocking chair cushions for John, and maybe that would spur him on to buy a rocker for himself and then my daughter did - great minds think alike!

His birthday was yesterday - he took the whole week off for his birthday (not sure why, or if he's enjoyed himself) but we had a party for him yesterday with pizza and a cake (I baked) and ice cream and presents and I think he was pretty pleased. He's a nice guy.

MLette is thinking about florists, and bands to play at the wedding (or a DJ) - she's thinking about it! They asked his sister and brother-in-law to be in the wedding (energetic sister is excited); her husband is very shy but I'm sure he'll be fine.

Getting very autumn-leaf-y around here now.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 10-21-2022, 06:39 AM
Total Fan

ML.......it appears some progress is being made towards the wedding. John's birthday sounded nice.
My grandson finally advised us that that their wedding would probably be in the fall......not this year but next. Larry is our oldest grandson, now 33.
Old 10-22-2022, 03:33 PM
Master Fan

So today is 364 days until the wedding! One year (from yesterday)! I just sent the venue another check. They drag out the paying (and the pain).
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 10-25-2022, 06:04 AM
Total Fan

ML......less than a year now. You'll be surprised how fast this time will go.

We're having a big Halloween party this coming Monday, everyone is encouraged to wear a costume. I didn't bring any of that kind of stuff since we have limed space for storage. I already have an off-site storage unit that's full of stuff I couldn't stand to get rid of yet.

Then in Nov. we will have a large holiday Bazaar. Last year hubby made stained glass for it, but this year he didn't have any place to work on glass. The wood shop people don't want broken glass around and the art studio feels the same way. Last year his stained glass brought in more than $600 for the Benevolent Fund. This fund is for residents that run out of money and it saves them from having to move out.
Reply   Post New Thread