Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2018, 03:06 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you!

I love Merry Go Round and Follow Your Arrow!
Old 11-19-2018, 04:41 AM
Master Fan

Those are so good! Follow Your Arrow won Song of the Year at the Country Music Awards a couple of years ago. I was happy but kind of shocked because that song is pretty progressive for country and they banned it from a lot of radio stations.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:01 AM
Elite Fan

Seriously? Banned for what? That’s so crazy...!!
Old 11-19-2018, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

Country music is still pretty conservative so with lyrics like "kiss lots of girls if that's what you're into" and "roll up a joint" didn't go over all that well She was also surprised the song was even nominated, let alone won. Fun fact about the song, Kacey also writes for other artists and one of those artists is Katy Perry and she originally started writing it for Katy to record. Katy liked it but told Kacey to record it herself instead. It payed off!
Old 11-19-2018, 07:24 AM
Elite Fan

Good job she did! I like it. It's so crazy though....banning songs but any person can walk into a store and buy a gun. Madness.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:35 AM
Master Fan

Complete madness. For sure.

There is going to be a Chris Cornell tribute concert in California. I'd love to go but I can't afford tickets, airfare, and hotel fees. I'm hoping it's streamed somewhere. I really want to see it. I'm nervous though. There are still some songs I just can't listen to get without getting emotional.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:42 AM
Elite Fan

I hope it is too. I think those things usually are right? I know, makes me really emotional too. There are some songs I can’t listen to anymore as it makes me so sad. Songs that remind me of my dad etc. Hopefully one day I’ll be able to.

Last edited by Ekua; 11-19-2018 at 08:14 AM
Old 11-19-2018, 09:20 AM
Master Fan

I'm really hoping it is. I'm sure YouTube videos will be around but I want better quality for this.

I have songs like that too. I lost a cousin I was very close to almost two years ago and so many songs bring that back to me. It's the worst when I'm at the grocery and one of the songs we loved comes on and I'm trapped. At least when it happens in my car I can change the station.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:42 AM
Elite Fan

I hope it's live somewhere

Yeah; it always happens at the worst possible moment. Sometimes I'm not even thinking about it and then suddenly I'm in tears.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:58 AM
Master Fan

Same! It's tough
Old 11-21-2018, 02:23 AM
Elite Fan

It really is

Listening to more Kacey Musgrave....she has a good voice!
Old 11-21-2018, 05:22 AM
Master Fan

I'm glad you like her! She's very talented!
Old 11-21-2018, 06:53 AM
Elite Fan

She is!

Time for Christmas music! Trying to teach 4 year olds a song to sing at the Christmas show is not easy!
Old 11-21-2018, 07:11 AM
Master Fan

I bet! I remember learning them as a kid and some kids took awhile
Old 11-22-2018, 02:59 AM
Elite Fan

We are singing a song called The Lights on the Christmas Tree that is to the tune of the Wheel on the Bus
Closed Thread   Post New Thread