Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2018, 12:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
It was four years ago, maybe? I was in Austin for a birthday weekend with friends (not mine, a friends) and we were doing a bar crawl. He was out with a group of friends and my group of friends was chatting with his group of friends. None of my friends knew who he was (this was pre introducing FNL to my best friend). Every minute I waited to mention who he was or that I was a fan it just weighed on me that it would be more and more awkward if I asked for a picture. So I didn't. And I was pretty buzzed, generally a good thing to get me doing what I shouldn't (or should). But in this case, worked against me.
Oh my God! That would be the best to just bump into him like that. I think I would die!
Old 07-04-2018, 02:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It was a great bump in, BUT, I was totally unprepared, flustered and not on my game at all. If it happened again I'd like to think I'd handle it better. I'm still not quite sure how I should have played it differently, other than owning up to being a huge fan almost right away. But it took me a minute to even realize he was there to be honest.
Old 07-04-2018, 03:35 PM
Loyal Fan

I can imagine! It's not often you meet celebrities just out and about, let alone your most favourite celebrity of all! Did you speak to him?

I've met a few famous people (famous in the UK anyway) but at places like gigs, festivals, football matches, rarely just out and about.
Old 07-04-2018, 05:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Do you ever write in a travel journal after the vacation to try and remember where you went, what you ate, what you loved, etc? I should have done something similar after I met Taylor, honestly. It's hard to remember what was exactly said and other details because it just blends with everything else Taylor that I see every day. I remember that our group talked with his friends and him about where we were from and they suggested some bars for us to go to on our bar crawl. I remember not wanting to leave the bar because they weren't but, again, friends had no idea who he was.

I remember he was wearing a hat and a grey/almost black button down. I want to say he implored us to go to some event Marcus Luttrell was hosting in Chicago shortly after we were in Austin (that's where the majority of us in the group were from) but I can't remember for sure.

A lot of the local sports athletes frequent the same downtown area I do so I run into them quite often. But it's not like I interact with them, other than niceities, like holding a door or saying hello. It is always a little jarring to see them at Starbucks or sitting next to you at brunch. Apple store, Starbucks, brunch, top three celebrity/athlete run in spots near me.
Old 07-04-2018, 05:18 PM
Master Fan

I see famous people all the time in NYC, but nobody usually that I am a fan of. Half the time i don't even know who the person is that everyone is making a commotion over. The last person that I casually sat next to in a restaurant was Naomi Campbell. I saw Constatine Morales a few weeks ago if that counts. When I saw Taylor I knew he was going to be there so that doesn't really count, and I was still too chicken to really bother him for a picture when others were. I didn't want to bother him more. He looked a little overwhelmed and annoyed with everyone taking pictures. I think I would have at the run though, it's almost like he was expecting it. Bruce Springsteen spends a great deal of time at his horse farm which is in the town that I teach in. People see him all over the place, all the time. I have never. I've run into various members of Bon Jovi over the years in and around town and the beaches. .. and Paul Wesley from the Vampire Diaries too.
Old 07-04-2018, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I fully trust that when the time arrives, I will be able to speak, in coherent sentences, and get a picture. I'm hoping to get that chance in October. He's currently scheduled to play in Marcus' charity game again.
Old 07-04-2018, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
I fully trust that when the time arrives, I will be able to speak, in coherent sentences, and get a picture. I'm hoping to get that chance in October. He's currently scheduled to play in Marcus' charity game again.
Really? I may have to look into that.
Old 07-04-2018, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

When is that again? October. I can't remember the date now.
Old 07-04-2018, 06:58 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
Really? I may have to look into that.
YES!!! It's here in Dallas!

It's the Texas OU weekend. The softball game is October 4th, a Thursday and at this time he's not listed on the official celebrity lineup.

Last edited by SouthernSweetieTX; 07-04-2018 at 07:47 PM
Old 07-04-2018, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

Oh darn. I was hoping it was a weekend. How did you find out that he was planning to be there?
Old 07-04-2018, 09:06 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Oh darn. I was hoping it was a weekend. How did you find out that he was planning to be there?
A posted it awhile ago. It looks like Marcus' foundation will not be the recipient of the proceeds this year. I can't find him in the line up either. That could change, but if his foundation isn't involved, he and Taylor probably aren't either.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I have to say that chips and queso is not really a thing here. Its chips and quac or salsa.
I love chips and queso!

Man, I don't know if it would be weird for me or cool to just bump into a favorite celebrity. When I met Jeremy Renner, he was just kind of standing there alone near his limo, so I had a moment to collect myself and build up the courage to walk over and talk to him. (He's been a favorite long before the Avengers or Bourne). I WOULD love to happen to sit next to/near a celeb at a restaurant or coffee shop, though. I'm better at stealthily watching from afar than actually engaging. I'm too shy and self-conscious.

Kayla, I hope Taylor does go and you can make the softball game this year! Stay healthy this time! Plenty of water, vitamin C and stay away from sick people.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:52 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
Kayla, I hope Taylor does go and you can make the softball game this year! Stay healthy this time! Plenty of water, vitamin C and stay away from sick people.
I would love for him to be there. and yes, that's just good advice in general.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Chances of me meeting Taylor are pretty much non existent but if I did, I'd have to ask for a photo because these chances don't come along often. I've never met a big star like that. Although, he's not famous here so probably wouldn't attract so much attention.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:40 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I have a picture with JC from *NSYNC, that's the only celebrity picture I have. I've run across so many others but none I cared enough to go out of my way to get a picture with.

Most awkward was sitting next to a Red Wings player at brunch (Detroit hockey team if you're not familiar). It was one of those brunch spots where you're on top of each others tables. He was right next to us with his girlfriend. My friend didn't know who he was and I couldn't point it out to her without being completely obvious.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread