Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2017, 11:05 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I have not ventured out for Black Friday, though they've infiltrated my emails and I'll probably do some unnecessary shopping later. But if I had to hit the mall today, I'd want Tim there with me.

worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Tim might make Black Friday shopping worth it. I’m not sure. I really really hate hordes of people.
Old 11-25-2017, 03:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I didn't do any black friday shopping not even online. I'll do cyber Monday. I just am not in the shopping mood yet.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:32 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I have a lot going on today but had a minute and had to post these because The Ringer has declared it "Tim Riggins" day and they're doing a bunch of retrospectives, and they're awesome/hilarious.

Old 01-28-2018, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

These are all fantastic! Thanks for posting them.

Quote:
Tim Riggins is the perfect fictional character in this world of reboots and sequels. Should television ever go back to the Friday Night Lights universe, Riggins could be a coach, a dad, or the neighborhood recluse—or they could just zap him right back to age 17 and start all over again. It worked every other time they dramatically altered his birth date.
It’s like she’s been reading our threads...
Old 01-29-2018, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I love that people still love Tim so much, also appreciate that they were inadvertently doing it to promote Taylor on Waco as well.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I love that people still love Tim so much, also appreciate that they were inadvertently doing it to promote Taylor on Waco as well.
I always wonder if he hates that he’s introduced as the guy from FNL. I know he will forever be grateful for the opportunity to play Tim and that show brought him to the forefront, but i wonder if it bothers him just a bit! Lol
Rorybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

At the Paley Center the other night, when they introduced Taylor, the announcer said, "Texas Forever," and made me cringe. And then... after we watched the first episode, he said, "No one will ever look at you as Tim Riggins again.." and Taylor said, "You are the only one who feels that way." He was laughing but I'm sure it annoys him, but he would never actually complain about it.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:59 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think the constant bringing it up is probably bothersome to him in relation to his other projects. Like you're talking about Waco and not saying you'll never see him in the same way but never see Tim Riggins in the same way, I'm sure he's just like..."shut up" in his head. I also think it bothers him more when he's doing press with co-stars and FNL is brought up. Like when he was with James or Dylan and he was constantly asked about it I'm sure he probably thought maybe they thought it was annoying too.

If they bring up FNL and just talk to him about it I think he's happy to talk about it because I do think he still loves it and it was such an iconic character.

Old 01-30-2018, 01:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I think the constant bringing it up is probably bothersome to him in relation to his other projects. Like you're talking about Waco and not saying you'll never see him in the same way but never see Tim Riggins in the same way, I'm sure he's just like..."shut up" in his head. I also think it bothers him more when he's doing press with co-stars and FNL is brought up. Like when he was with James or Dylan and he was constantly asked about it I'm sure he probably thought maybe they thought it was annoying too.

If they bring up FNL and just talk to him about it I think he's happy to talk about it because I do think he still loves it and it was such an iconic character.

This is such a HOT pic of Taylor/Tim!!!!!
Rorybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I've been looking for a high quality version of that picture for years, the Ringer posted it last week when they were doing their "Tim Riggins" day series.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:00 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I came across this recently and I'm not sure I've ever seen it before. From an early FNL photoshoot.

Old 09-05-2018, 06:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Inspired by the Top 10 FNL episodes....I decided to do my Top 10 Tim episodes.

I cheated a little by combining a few like the Mexico storyline which technically two episodes but I'm counting as one.

10. Game of the Week

Tim comes back from New York to find out Billy and Mindy have broken off their engagement. Helps Billy tend to his broken heart while he's being pursued by a college recruiter, eventually gets into college.

9. Crossing the Line

He's clean and sober after his best game. First time we get a deeper look at Tim's relationship with his brother and a bit of backstory about his family/Dad. Also has to deal with the fallout of his affair with Lyla when Jason hits him.

8. Backfire/Let's Get It On

The Mexico story is ridiculous, but we finally actually get to see Tim and Jason being the friends we were told they always were. Also, in a way puts the whole Tim/Lyla/Jason triangle to bed, possibly literally.

7. Wind Sprints

First time we get a little character depth for Tim. We see that he's not just a drunken ass hole but someone who's pretty deeply haunted by his drinking problem/what happened to Jason. Begins the Lyla/Tim affair.

6. Nevermind

Tim and Landry together is just my favorite but it also gives you the first look at Tim when he's not being weighed down by what's happened to Jason or his affair with Lyla. Also the first time we really see Coach take an interest in Tim off the field.

5. Always/Texas Whatever

Finally get to see the end of Tim's story arch and while it's not where I'm sure a lot of us wanted him to be we do get to see him readjusting to life outside of jail and we do get to see his relationship with his brother semi repaired. But most importantly he builds on his piece of land.

4. Stay

I just think you have to include this episode to wrap up Tim's great love. In a season where he seems a bit wayward he's the most happy we see him in the season in this episode. Obviously wanted Lyla to stay but at least we got a proper goodbye.

3. Tomorrow Blues

Tim and Billy plot to open Riggins Riggs. And Tim reveals exactly what he really wants, to stay in Dillon, start a family and work on cars when he finds out Lyla is going to Vanderbilt.

2. New York, New York

A fitting send off to Jason and I think it had to be Tim to send him off. Plus it's just amazing to see Tim out of Dillon and on the streets of New York wanting to hit up shows like Gypsy.

1. There Goes the Neighborhood

This episode is everything that Tim Riggins is, the caretaker, as he would say. He's taking care of Gracie, taking care of Julie, taking care of the Taylor family essentially. It's just so much fun to see him actually in a thriving normal family unit that he's never had.

Old 09-05-2018, 09:37 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I forgot we had this thread. Good list!
Old 09-06-2018, 12:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

This was a super hard list. I picked some episodes that I think were just more important to Tim's character development over personal preference. Because you know what a Tim/Lyla shipper I am, I would have basically included all of season three when they're acting all coupley.
Reply   Post New Thread