View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 06:38 PM
worthyoflove
Elite Fan

Inspired by the Top 10 FNL episodes....I decided to do my Top 10 Tim episodes.

I cheated a little by combining a few like the Mexico storyline which technically two episodes but I'm counting as one.

10. Game of the Week

Tim comes back from New York to find out Billy and Mindy have broken off their engagement. Helps Billy tend to his broken heart while he's being pursued by a college recruiter, eventually gets into college.

9. Crossing the Line

He's clean and sober after his best game. First time we get a deeper look at Tim's relationship with his brother and a bit of backstory about his family/Dad. Also has to deal with the fallout of his affair with Lyla when Jason hits him.

8. Backfire/Let's Get It On

The Mexico story is ridiculous, but we finally actually get to see Tim and Jason being the friends we were told they always were. Also, in a way puts the whole Tim/Lyla/Jason triangle to bed, possibly literally.

7. Wind Sprints

First time we get a little character depth for Tim. We see that he's not just a drunken ass hole but someone who's pretty deeply haunted by his drinking problem/what happened to Jason. Begins the Lyla/Tim affair.

6. Nevermind

Tim and Landry together is just my favorite but it also gives you the first look at Tim when he's not being weighed down by what's happened to Jason or his affair with Lyla. Also the first time we really see Coach take an interest in Tim off the field.

5. Always/Texas Whatever

Finally get to see the end of Tim's story arch and while it's not where I'm sure a lot of us wanted him to be we do get to see him readjusting to life outside of jail and we do get to see his relationship with his brother semi repaired. But most importantly he builds on his piece of land.

4. Stay

I just think you have to include this episode to wrap up Tim's great love. In a season where he seems a bit wayward he's the most happy we see him in the season in this episode. Obviously wanted Lyla to stay but at least we got a proper goodbye.

3. Tomorrow Blues

Tim and Billy plot to open Riggins Riggs. And Tim reveals exactly what he really wants, to stay in Dillon, start a family and work on cars when he finds out Lyla is going to Vanderbilt.

2. New York, New York

A fitting send off to Jason and I think it had to be Tim to send him off. Plus it's just amazing to see Tim out of Dillon and on the streets of New York wanting to hit up shows like Gypsy.

1. There Goes the Neighborhood

This episode is everything that Tim Riggins is, the caretaker, as he would say. He's taking care of Gracie, taking care of Julie, taking care of the Taylor family essentially. It's just so much fun to see him actually in a thriving normal family unit that he's never had.

worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote