Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2024, 05:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Generally the scam is that they'll try to convince you that they have an in with Taylor, will offer a meet and greet for a certain amount of money or ask for donations to Taylor's foundation, etc. I've had multiple people DM me about falling for this, someone sent like 2K before they realized they were scammed.

I feel like most people realize this, but obviously, never send money to anyone online who is asking for money that says they're affiliated with Taylor. They're not.
Thanks for highlighting this. When your mind doesn’t work this way it’s really hard to fathom why people do this stuff. Again, people are scumbags!
Tbm_hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I know that some actors or internet personalities are more interactive on social media with their fans so it could maybe be conceivable that they might reach out to a fan but still, they'd never ask for money.

Some are really good though and have done their homework, usually they're not from the US so you can pick up on the broken English or the dialect being off, but the number of DMs I get asking me if Taylor's assistant is so and so, or if his manager is actually this person and I have to explain that yes, but it's an imposter and that Taylor would never reach out for money or anyone affiliated with him would never reach out for money.

He'd certainly never do a meet and greet that would cost thousands and if there ever was an opportunity that he did an event like that it would be something he'd post about I'm sure. Though that's never seemed to be his thing.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 10:17 PM
Passionate Fan

It’s a shame fans are being scammed but I would never give money to anyone reaching out via email or a SM platform on anyone’s behalf. Taylor has posted before asking people to report fakes and I wonder if part of his SM pull back had to do with all the impersonators. It has to be frustrating having people scam your fans and not really being able to do anything about it.
Crazy4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 09:47 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I know that a lot of the fake Taylor accounts pull from recent photos I post on IG because I'm sure they just go to his tag and those are the most recent pictures.

But they'll also still go into the comments on the yourdailykitsch account trying to speak to fans in there with their fake accounts. I'll ban them when I catch them but even the "ban this account and any other accounts affiliated with this account..." doesn't work.

It's usually an every other week thing that I'll go through and just search "TaylorKitsch" under accounts on IG and do a mass banning. It's just endless. Every time I search I'm banning/blocking at least 5-10 accounts.

That's not even counting on Facebook which is becoming more prominent too.
Old 03-16-2024, 03:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I know that a lot of the fake Taylor accounts pull from recent photos I post on IG because I'm sure they just go to his tag and those are the most recent pictures.

But they'll also still go into the comments on the yourdailykitsch account trying to speak to fans in there with their fake accounts. I'll ban them when I catch them but even the "ban this account and any other accounts affiliated with this account..." doesn't work.

It's usually an every other week thing that I'll go through and just search "TaylorKitsch" under accounts on IG and do a mass banning. It's just endless. Every time I search I'm banning/blocking at least 5-10 accounts.

That's not even counting on Facebook which is becoming more prominent too.
That’s a lot of work for you- ‘A’ we appreciate what you do - if you ever need help, please ask x
Tbm_hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It doesn't take too long, it's just annoying because I don't want people to have to endure something like that because they're commenting on my accounts. I would imagine maybe part of the reason Taylor turned his comments off.
Old 04-04-2024, 03:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Neil apparently missing the comments on Taylor's posts too?

Last edited by worthyoflove; 04-04-2024 at 03:10 PM
Old 04-04-2024, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Neil apparently missing the comments on Taylor's posts too?

I don't understand what you mean. Explain like I'm 2. lol
Old 04-04-2024, 07:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I don't understand what you mean. Explain like I'm 2. lol
Taylor's friend Neil commented on the post I made with the photo Taylor posted the other day. He's liked posts before, I don't know if he's ever commented. Like was he confused and thought it was actually Taylor's post and commented?
Old 04-04-2024, 10:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Taylor's friend Neil commented on the post I made with the photo Taylor posted the other day. He's liked posts before, I don't know if he's ever commented. Like was he confused and thought it was actually Taylor's post and commented?
Got it. haha
Old 04-05-2024, 10:17 PM
Passionate Fan

When I read it, I thought he confused your account with Taylor’s.
Old 04-06-2024, 02:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Right? That was my immediate thought. I get notifications when someone comments that that account follows so I was notified he'd commented and it just seemed odd.
Old 04-08-2024, 04:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Derek posted this for Taylor...I hate that the board doesn't let you directly link instagrams any longer.

Old 04-08-2024, 10:44 PM
Passionate Fan

I love that picture!! Stacey & Adrianne also posted birthday wishes for him.
Old 04-09-2024, 07:18 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm glad Derek shared since Taylor never does!

But I hope he had a good birthday
Reply   Post New Thread