Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2020, 05:05 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Derek posted his tribute to Chadwick also.
Old 08-29-2020, 06:14 PM
Master Fan

I saw 42 in the theater. i think I need to rewatch. I don't remember Derek being in it and I didn't realize it was Chadwick.
Old 08-30-2020, 11:39 AM
Loyal Fan

I was so shocked too ... I, like many it seems, didn't even know he had cancer and how long he had been battling. It's been nice to read so many heartfelt words by those he worked with. There's been so much loss this year ... it gets harder and harder to digest at times.
DaisyGirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

I don't think anyone knew he had cancer.
Old 08-30-2020, 02:42 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I don't think anyone knew he had cancer.
I don’t think so either. I’m sure his close friends and family knew. They did an excellent job of respecting his wishes to keep it out of the media.
Old 08-30-2020, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

There were definitely pictures of him over the past few years where fans and just people in the gossip community questioned whether he might be sick, but he kept working and pushing through it. It's so sad. You do have to wonder if maybe the people that were working with him and closer to him knew.

It is so sad. I've never seen Black Panther. They're airing it commercial free on ABC tonight along with a tribute to Chadwick.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

I definitely recommend watching Black Panther. It was a great movie. I'm just now realizing the social/racial impact that Chadwick and the movie had. I don't think I could watch it right now though.
Old 08-30-2020, 06:42 PM
Loyal Fan

I thought it was a good movie too. I've only seen it once but I remember really liking it at the time ... a good origin story for sure.
DaisyGirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:02 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Black Panther was the first Marvel we watched. Well, I had seen iron man. The kids loved it.
Scott Porter posted a tribute too. He seemed beloved by all. Like Taylor said, he was a good guy.
Old 08-31-2020, 09:07 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm really not into superhero movies so that's pretty much why I've never seen it. He was great in 42 and I did really like that movie.

Looking through his filmography, he really was a working actor for a long time with just single guest appearances on a lot of popular TV shows, Justified, Fringe, ER, CSI: NY, Cold Case...had no idea he was on All My Children either.

21 Bridges was really the last movie he promoted and did the promotional tour, his last movie came out about a month ago but was just released to Netflix without much fan fare. I hope that his last movie making experience and promotional tour was satisfying for him as he was such a part of the production as well.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 10:31 AM
Master Fan

Black Panther isn't your typical superhero movie.

My nephew has been saying he wants to watch 21 Bridges. He said it before Chadwick passed. I was like.. UMMMM I ASKED YOU TO SEE IT WITH ME IN THE THEATER AND YOU DIDN'T WANT TO. Now he's really itching to watch it.
Old 08-31-2020, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The ABC airing of Black Panther last night had a great response. Over 6 minion ppl watch my. The MTV awards thing... not so much. It had less than a million viewers.
Old 08-31-2020, 12:39 PM
Master Fan

We had an adult "dayger" at my brothers yesterday. lol We thought we were so cool. Anyhow we were all laughing/crying about how we didn't know any of the acts or nominees at the MTV awards or the Grammys anymore in that case.
Old 08-31-2020, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
We had an adult "dayger" at my brothers yesterday. lol We thought we were so cool. Anyhow we were all laughing/crying about how we didn't know any of the acts or nominees at the MTV awards or the Grammys anymore in that case.
I'm sure I would have no idea...is this what getting old is?
Old 09-05-2020, 06:32 PM
Addicted Fan

The movie is premiering on Showtime right now. I’m watching. I had been so excited when I spotted that commercial a couple weeks back. I haven’t watched it since the theater and couldn’t wait to see Taylor again and Chadwick. But right now I can’t think of anything else but that he’s gone.

I remember noticing back then how thin he looked — too thin. He always seemed like a normally thin person anyway and obviously everyone bulks up for those Marvel movies, but I remember thinking he was looking almost scary thin. I might’ve even posted it on here back then. Of course, now that we know ...

I completely forgot Derek was in 42! I loved that movie. I was so disappointed Chadwick wasn’t nominated for the Oscar that year.

I saw Taylor’s post minutes after he wrote it that night and it made me cry. I just reread it here and it made me cry again. It was this part, because I can picture them both perfectly, especially Chad with that quietness, grace and that smile of his:

Quote:
”I look back and I’m grateful for the time we had. The laughs, chatting about the work, how I’d rib him to ‘go get some rest... something tells me you’ll be busy for a long time’
He just flashed that ridiculous smile and with only his grace, just nodded.”
KitscherSunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread