Old 04-11-2020, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Ray (21 Bridges) Thread #4: Because It's Either Dumb Luck Or A Set Up

21 Bridges Thread #4

Production begins: September 2018
Scheduled release date: November 22, 2019

Follows a disgraced detective in the NYPD who is given a shot at redemption. Thrust into a citywide manhunt for a cop killer, he begins to undercover a massive conspiracy that links his fellow cops to a criminal empire and must decide who he is hunting and who is actually hunting him. During the manhunt, Manhattan is completely locked down for the first time in its history - no exit or entry to the island including all 17 bridges.

Quote:

Chadwick Boseman’s ’17 Bridges’ Adds J.K. Simmons, Sienna Miller, Taylor Kitsch

J.K. Simmons, Sienna Miller and Taylor Kitsch have joined Chadwick Boseman’s action-thriller “17 Bridges” for STXfilms.

The mini-major announced in July that “Black Panther” star Boseman would produce and star in “17 Bridges.” Brian Kirk, whose credits include “Luther” and “Game of Thrones,” is directing from a script by Adam Mervis (“The Philly Kid”).

Boseman will portray a disgraced NYPD detective who, after being thrust into a citywide manhunt for a cop killer, is given a shot at redemption. As the night unfolds, lines become blurred on who he is pursuing, and who is in pursuit of him. When the search intensifies, extreme measures are taken to prevent the killers from escaping Manhattan as the authorities close all 17 bridges to prevent any entry or exit from the iconic island.

STXfilms said Wednesday that MWM Studios had joined previously announced producers Boseman, Logan Coles and Joe and Anthony Russo. Gigi Pritzker (“Hell or High Water”) will serve as a producer, Rachel Shane and Adrian Alperovich will serve as executive producers, and Melissa Rucker will be a co-producer, all on behalf of MWM Studios. Mike Larocca will executive produce the film under the AGBO banner.

Simmons won the 2015 Academy Award for best supporting actor for his performance in “Whiplash” and can currently be seen in Jason Reitman’s upcoming political drama “The Front Runner.” Miller starred in Tennessee Williams’ “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof in the West End” last year, and will next be seen in the indie thriller “American Woman.” Kitsch starred in “Only the Brave” and the six-part series “Waco.”

Simmons is represented by Gersh. Miller is represented by WME and United Agents in the U.K. Kitsch is represented by CAA and Untitled Entertainment. STXfilms’ Drew Simon and Kate Vorhoff will oversee the film’s production on behalf of the studio.
https://variety.com/2018/film/news/j...es-1202957972/

Quote:

Sienna Miller, J.K. Simmons & Taylor Kitsch Join Chadwick Boseman In STX Thriller ’17 Bridges’

Oscar-winner J.K. Simmons, Sienna Miller, and Friday Night Lights alum Taylor Kitsch are set to co-star in 17 Bridges, the action thriller that will be led by Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman. The pic hails from STXfilms, which acquired the spec in 2016. MWM Studios, the company behind the Oscar-nominated film, Hell or High Water, has come on board to produce the pic alongside Boseman as well as Joe and Anthony Russo.

Brian Kirk is directing from a screenplay by Adam Mervis with revisions by Matt Carnahan. The pic will hit theaters July 12.

The plot follows a disgraced NYPD detective (Boseman), who is thrust into a citywide manhunt for a pair of cop killers after uncovering a massive and unexpected conspiracy. As the night unfolds, lines become blurred on who he is pursuing, and who is in pursuit of him. When the search intensifies, extreme measures are taken to prevent the killers from escaping Manhattan as the authorities close all 17 bridges to prevent any entry or exit from the iconic island.

Logan Coles, Boseman’s writing and producing partner, and Gigi Pritzker (Hell or High Water) are also producers, while Rachel Shane and Adrian Alperovich will serve as executive producers, and Melissa Rucker a co-producer, all on behalf of MWM. Larocca will exec produce the film under the Russo’s AGBO banner.

Drew Simon and Kate Vorhoff will oversee production for the studio.

Simmons, who won the Oscar for his supporting role in Whiplash, can next be seen in Sony’s Jason Reitman-directed political drama, The Front Runner. Miller last appeared on the big screen in The Catcher Was a Spy and next stars in the indie American Woman. Kitsch’s recent films include Only the Brave and American Assassin.

Simmons is repped by Gersh; Miller by WME and United Agents in the U.K.; Kitsch by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
https://deadline.com/2018/09/sienna-...os-1202471595/

Cast

Chadwick Boseman
Taylor Kitsch
JK Simmons
Sienna Miller
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 07:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don't know what would attract Taylor to this, other than this kind of movie just isn't really made anymore and it is the kind of role that he thrives in.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The whole putting his chip down was kind of contrived.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That civilian doesn't show up Ray isn't dead.

Taylor has mastered the art of dying on film.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

He really has.

"He ain't like me.." I couldn't understand him in the theater.

And Taylor's part is over.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I know, sad to say I lose interest after he's gone but I'll stay for Michael. He's worth it.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Have you watched Homecoming in Amazon with Stephan James? I'm tempted to watch it because I like him so much in this. I think it looks like season two is coming soon.

Oh, and I thought of you when I saw Dead to Me season two is landing on Netflix in a few weeks
Old 04-11-2020, 07:29 PM
Master Fan

This is when I knew she was crooked.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yeah she didn't want Michael to talk, it seemed pretty obvious at this point though I had seen the spoilery reshoot pictures.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

I haven't seen Homecoming but it's by Sam Esmail who did Mr. Robot. It's supposed to be good.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

That's a sweet bedroom that guy has.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I like his building in general. I'd live there...a place like that in New York though would be like what? $3000 a month, easy.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I like how he put on a suit and changed clothes...nothing normal like walking around in a suit in the middle of the night in New York.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

I think more than $3000 a month.

I love how they had all the badge numbers on the thumb drive. How convenient.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

The actual whole premise of the movie is a little off. I mean NYC cops/detectives make pretty good money, especially with overtime, have amazing pensions and great benefits. No, they won't be living in Manhattan most likely, but they make a good living.
Reply   Post New Thread