Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2022, 07:51 PM
Passionate Fan

Gabby- not a fan of the night guard and have used one on/off for years but at last my dentist visit I was told that my teeth clenching is causing some enamel erosion on my back teeth. I’m way too vain, especially with my teeth, so I dug it out of my nightstand drawer and started wearing it every night. At some point, I would like to get another thin one but it would help if insurance covers some of the cost.

Taylor’s issue sounded pretty severe if it caused the facial swelling & pain that he talked about it. I don’t want to end up like he did so I’ll suck it up and use mine like the dr suggested .

I went to the mall today and was going to get some of the things I wanted for Xmas and was surprised that a lot of the holiday decor is picked over. I wanted to add to my ceramic house village from Crate and Barrel but they only had a few pieces left of the one set and the other set had to be ordered online. I ended getting most of what I wanted but the lady at checkout told me to go home and order the rest ASAP because the inventory was showing it getting very low. I had the same thing told to me at Pottery Barn and I can’t even order online because they don’t have the inventory to ship. The sales lady told me that I needed to come in and purchase it around Halloween or early November because the set sells out every year. I’m not in the mood to shop for Xmas or know what I even want then. I just didn’t realize that the shelves would be semi bare before the holidays have even started. Good thing I didn’t wait until the weekend to get what I want.

My youngest is now obsessed with Pokémon cards and has been telling me about them all afternoon. I have no idea what she is talking about but I took her to get some today and she has been online trying to figure out what is worth trading or keeping. At least, she gave me some ideas for Xmas because being a tomboy she is hard to shop for.
Old 11-22-2022, 10:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

I haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet. I'm still waiting for everyone's lists. I hate starting this late and I've gotten to the point where I do a lot of it online so I don't have to deal with the crowds. I do the majority of it through Rakuten so I end up getting money back in Febuary.
Old 11-22-2022, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

OM and I saw She Said. It was good. OM didn’t appreciate the trailer vs the movie. The trailer made it seem like the movie would be more suspenseful than it actually was.

Thanksgiving prep is still going strong. I have several things to do tomorrow and to finish the cleaning. The minions have been working on homework. They have classes next week, then finals!
Old 11-23-2022, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I was on the hunt for flowers yesterday, which, every year I do this, try to decide whether it's worth it to just buy premade centerpieces or just do it on my own. I know it's more cost efficient to just do it on my own, but all the vases I bought last year, I think half of them went home with people and I just discovered that last night. So now today I have to go and find six matching vases and then probably go find at least one or two more bouquets of flowers because every store I went to was picked over. Usually Trader Joe's has some good flowers but they were all gone. I have a market near me that's similar to Whole Foods, meaning, probably over priced, but I had to go there to get the flowers and ended up spending over $100 on flowers just there.

Otherwise I have to get prepping on some food tonight including baking a carrot cake. My oven decided that it doesn't want to work properly so I'm praying that it holds it together through tomorrow before I'm going to be forced to buy a new one. If not both turkeys are going to have to be deep fried. I'm super disappointed with LG products, I feel like they should last longer than 7-8 years. At least give me 10! Both my dishwasher and oven died within the last six months.
Old 11-23-2022, 11:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

What do you gals think Taylor is doing tomorrow? I looked up the Canadian Thanksgiving and it said it was October 10th. Do you think he's home & is going over to a friend's, or possibly still in Canada with family, or not doing anything?
Old 11-23-2022, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I’m not sure what he’ll do. Since it’s not a holiday in Canada, it’s probably business as usual.

A, I hate that your oven is going out. This is NOT the day for it!! Our stove/oven is LG. We’ve had it three years and so far no issues.

I’ve been cooking all day. I still have gravy and rolls to make tonight. Tomorrow, is turkey, mashed potatoes, and heating all the things I made today. I need cinnamon whipped cream for my pumpkin cheesecake too. I also have appetizers to make tomorrow, but I tried to keep it simple. I have a spinach dip, prosciutto wrapped apples, and a cherry pecan brie.
Old 11-23-2022, 10:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Maybe he’ll spend the day putting up all of his inflatables for Xmas or editing his polar bear photos I would think if he’s in Montana then one of his friends would invite him over but I wonder if he really cares since he’s Canadian.

I’ve been cleaning all day and I’m over it. The table is set, shopping is done and I have a few things to prep in the morning but I’m already looking forward to doing absolutely nothing this weekend. Hosting a holiday is exhausting!!!

K- YUM!!! You are making me feel like a slacker this year.

A- Did you try Costco? They usually have holiday arrangements that are affordable.

Appliances breaking is never convenient but around the holidays is just a pain in the butt. We’ve lived in our home 8 years and have replaced our washing machine, dishwasher and microwave so far. Appliances are not built to last but that doesn’t reflect in their sky high prices. Fingers crossed that your oven cooperates tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Wishing everyone a wonderful day with their loved ones❤️
Old 11-24-2022, 11:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

A- I hope your oven held up for you.
K- Dang. I want an invite. Sounds delish.

I finally got the famdams lists so now either tomorrow or Sat I can start ordering stuff for Christmas.
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving with family & loved ones.
Old 11-25-2022, 12:47 PM
Master Fan

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Sounds like you've all been busy cooking and baking. I never host, well rarely, and am always in charge of dessert, which I buy. Easy. My dad has the flu so he wasn't able to come but my mom brought him home leftovers.

I found out on Wednesday that my MRI was denied. This decision took 9 days. I need to show 6 weeks of treatment, so now I'm waiting to hear what exactly that means. Of course no doctors are open until Monday. So I plan on just taking it as easy as possible. I have my brace and crutches. Tonight I am getting together with some friends... actually all the neighborhood kids from growing up. It will be the first time that the core 7 of us are together. They don't know it, but we are going to retake some old pictures. Tomorrow I have a hair appointment and Sunday I am going to Lincoln Center in the city to see the Nutcracker. We are going to drive so I will have door to door service, not too much walking. I cancelled everything last weekend, and my Memphis trip, I refuse to cancel everything this weekend.

Currently watching USA vs England World Cup game. There is also NCAA quarterfinals this weekend and of course the Eagles on Monday.

I've met Taylor twice. The first time was in January 24, 2018 at a screening for Waco in New York City. I took a ton of pictures of him and video, but I didn't have the courage to ask for a picture myself. I was by myself and I had bronchitis so it was not a good night. I did shout to him something to the effect of .. "I loved the premiere!" and he responded "Thank you." He seemed a little overwhelmed, there were a lot of people asking for autographs and he seemed a little annoyed.The second time was a year ago at a hockey fundraiser here in New Jersey, November 13, 2021. This time, I was the first one to walk up to him and ask for a picture. I was with a friend so it was easier, she fussed with the camera. He was SO nice and kind. We didn't have any type of conversation but I was very comfortable with him. I got a picture but it was not a very good one, I was very disappointed. I did share it was a few people here but I am holding out for a better one. He of course looked great.

Last edited by elherts; 11-25-2022 at 12:52 PM
Old 11-25-2022, 05:45 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Thanksgiving was a success! It was my first time to host with ppl other than just me and the kids. I did Thanksgiving on my own in 2020. My minions are the best helpers when I really need them to be. I could not have achieved everything without their assistance.
My favorite dish was the wrapped apples! They were so so good! My next favorite dish was a new sweet potato recipe I tried. It was fantastic and got rave reviews.
It wasn’t all perfect, but it worked.
The decision to make two turkeys was the right one. We would have had no leftover turkey had I only got the one.

Fall decor is down and Christmas is ready to go up this weekend. Baby M was gone all day and OM was doing homework, so I waited to start.
They have classes next week, then exams and that’s it for the semester. I’m ready, for sure.

OM said the magic of the holidays was waking up and it was done…thanksgiving dinner just appeared, the decor was just up…she said see the adult side of doing the work has ruined it.

A, did your oven hold out?

My aunt had a terrible accident on Wednesday. She’s in the hospital now, will go to skilled nursing for rehab on Monday and then from there to assisted living. Sadly, she will never live in her house again. She needed to go sooner, and while I am so I upset and angry she had to injure herself so horribly for someone to do something…I am glad she’s getting the care she needs now.
Old 11-25-2022, 07:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The oven did miraculously pull through. I have no faith that it will last much longer so I'll be oven shopping in the next week.

Thanksgiving is always such a blur when hosting. We also were all distracted by a surprisingly competitive Lions game so we ate dinner later than we usually do.

I was so busy in the morning I barely ate breakfast, then didn't really get into the appetizers because I was cooking but did manage to get half a bottle of rose into me before dinner, maybe not the best choice but also needed.

My cousin brought his girlfriend who is from and lives in Germany, so she experienced her first Thanksgiving with us, but she said it was the most "like you see on tv and in movies" Thanksgiving ever. So I appreciated that. A bunch of loud, drunk Americans watching football and eating way too much. At least we didn't have any fights.

Anyway, I honestly don't remember the cleanup taking so long but it took me half of today to finish the cleanup and then I went and bought the tree and put it up (not decorated yet), did some shopping and then went to dinner. I just finished pulling out the outside Christmas lights because it's going to be 60 degrees tomorrow. You can't let a 60 degree day pass by after Thanksgiving without taking advantage and getting those lights up, frozen fingers while putting lights up is the worst feeling.

Did the US end up winning? I had it on before I went to go get the tree but by the time I got home it was over.

Kayla, I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt! That's awful.

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and (hopefully) a much needed long weekend.
Old 11-26-2022, 07:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!

Amanda - that Lions game!! Ugh!! Our dinner got pushed a little too because everyone was on edge watching the game.

Kayla - sounds like a great Thanksgiving! So sorry about your aunt.

KiKi - so lucky that you’ve seen/met Taylor twice!

Hope I got names right, lol
Old 11-26-2022, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

We spent the day at the movies! We saw Puss in Boots in a special one day one engagement. It will release everywhere later in December. We also saw a week long only engagement of Glass Onion. After this week, it goes directly to Netflix, as it was produced by them.

Puss in Boots was great! If you grew up with or had kids that grew up with Shrek, you will like it.
Glass Onion is the “sequel” to Knives Out. The only returning character is the detective, played by Daniel Craig. It is a murder mystery who dunit. Kate Hudson was the stand out performance for me. Her character was hilarious. It’s a bit slow until the character dies…which isn’t until about an hour into the movie. A lot of exposition. It was good though.

I’m hopeful for clear skies and nice weather tomorrow. Spending all day watching movies meant none of my Christmas decor came out to play. The minions will pull it out for me in the morning so I can get started.

Before the movies, I found a really great video on dementia. I find the brain and its function so fascinating. It was good information. I sent it to my family members…I hope they watch it too. It should be required watching. My cousin wants to allow my aunt to still make decisions. She clearly has no business doing that. We have to do it for her. This is an exhausting disease for the family. I’m anxious to get her into rehab/skilled nursing so they can evaluate her. She should be able to go Monday.

A, I’m glad your oven held out! The lions game was exciting! I missed most of it being in the kitchen. We played games during the Cowboys game, it was on mute in the background.

OM gets to PA for the new Spy Kids movie next week! She is super excited. She grew up watching that franchise. She gets to work with them Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. They are doing pick up shots, so they are at the end of filming. It will a Netflix release.
Old 11-27-2022, 12:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Ki-insurance companies can be such a pain in the butt and there’s usually no logic behind some of their decisions. I hope your weekend plans were successful despite your injury.

K- I’m so sorry about your aunt. Thankfully, she’s in a place that can provide the care she needs but it sounds like her path to getting there was difficult.

How fun for OM to be on set for something she loved watching as a kid.

The kids & I are going to see Puss in Boots when it comes out next month so glad to hear that it’s good. I loved the Shrek series and probably enjoyed it more than the girls. The humor in those movies went right over most kids heads but I remember going to see them even before I had my girls.

I plan on watching The Glass Onion once it drops on Netflix. From the previews, it looks pretty good and seems to have a decent cast.

Our Thanksgiving went well except everyone showed up 30 minutes to an hour late. Usually, not a problem but I had set out a huge grazing board that couldn’t be put back in the refrigerator so I was getting stressed out having all this food sitting out with no one to eat it. Apparently, telling everyone to come over around 2:00 caused some confusion :confused. I feel like when you host a holiday, at least for me, it’s hard to relax and just enjoy the moment. We had about 15 people over and they ate and drank A LOT. I was running around refreshing food and drink most of the afternoon and was ready for everyone to head home so I could finally relax. I’m thankful that my holiday hosting duties are over and now I can relax and enjoy the events instead of waiting on everyone else.

I’ve done nothing all weekend except binge movies. We have a few movie channels but this weekend was a free preview so I wanted to take advantage and watch as much as I could. I finally got to watch Gaslit with Julia Roberts & Sean Penn (loved it) and the girls and I loved Ghostbusters Afterlife. So much childhood nostalgia for me on watching that and I thought it was the best sequel so far. Last night, we watched House of Gucci and it was okay but not quite what I was expecting. Lady Gaga was incredible but Adam Driver (who I love) was a little flat and one dimensional for me. The ending was the best part of the movie and it was way too long to hold my interest.
Old 11-27-2022, 03:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It is not a proper Thanksgiving in Detroit unless we see a Lions loss, generally either in blowout or heartbreak fashion.

Spent most of my day yesterday half watching the Michigan/OSU game, I'm indifferent because I'm a Michigan State fan, but I'lll still watch, and while I was watching I was testing out the outside lights and almost none of them worked. I decided to go and buy LED this time, every year I feel like I have to replace 50% of the lights if not more. I hope that the LED are a little more durable, especially after spending $300 on them.

I feel like I have a Thanksgiving hangover. Did not help that it was dreary and rainy today.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread