Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2022, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

Where do you live Gabby?

I definitely went down a Rami Malek rabbit hole for awhile after Bohemian Rhapsody. I also loved Mr. Robot and got to be an extra in the series finale. I was shoulder to shoulder with him for hours. He was not friendly (he was working) and he was super tiny. lol I'm 5'9" and generally big boned, like a super model (I tell myself!) and he was the same height but probably half my size. I literally could grab his whole ass in one hand. Totally turned me off. But I still think he's super talented and will watch his movies. Both Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder from the Vampire Diaries are super thin too. I don't like that. Jon Bon Jovi is thick and standing next to him just feels right. haha Taylor was the same way. I think that's it for my super up close celebrity interactions. I might be forgetting someone.

I haven't started the new season of The Crown yet. I saw a click bait headline that inferred that it was slow but I haven't heard anything else.

Today is FREEZING. Temp dropped 20 degrees in 24 hours. Watching soccer and football. Catching up on shows, doing school work and laundry. Exciting.
Old 11-13-2022, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I’ve had zero energy to do anything this weekend. I even took a short nap today. Just sooooo tired.we were going to a movie this morning and canceled it.
OM still isn’t feeling great, she has so go help a shoot at 9. She’ll be home late. I’m worried she’s spreading herself too thin. Thankfully she is done with classes at 11:15 on Wednesday and then is off until after thanksgiving. That’s a good 10 plus days to catch up. She still has three papers in English before the end of the semester.

Kiki, yes…she’s done with two degrees in December. She started at UT in fall of 2019 as a sophomore. She already has an associate degree. She’s done more online then in person. She’ll have her BA in English and BS in Radio,TV, Film. She would have been finished this past May, but adding the second major added another semester. Neither of her colleges do a formal graduation in December, so she’ll have to wait until May to walk.

Baby M’s birthday is TOMORROW!! I cannot believe he’s 15! He’s registered for spring semester, finally. He requested Texas Roadhouse for dinner tonight. My parents gave him a lot of A&M garb for his birthday. He LOVES it. He’s been dressed in all maroon for days. We keep saying he’s wearing moron. We think we are funnier than he does.
He’s sat around and did NOT completed the hours he needed to get his learner’s permit tomorrow. That’s on him. I’ve told him to do it so many times. Maybe he’ll get a fire under him now.

If I’m putting up Christmas, I need to decide. I’m thinking everything but the tree. BUT my table for Thanksgiving will be all fall. I got theses really cute cream pumpkins that I put all of our names on. I don’t know what to do! Ugh. We have always had our Thanksgiving meal at noon. I guess I need to ask my guests when they are used to eating. I like eating earlier. Done before the Cowboys game, plenty of time for games or a movie, and then a great turkey sandwich for dinner.

Robin, I hate that she is chewing cords. That’s so dangerous of her. Doesn’t she realize? I would try to hide them, crate her when y’all aren’t home, and there are sprays you can buy to make the cords taste bad.

The Vikings game was so so so so good today! We’re watching the Cowboys in overtime, right now. I keep seeing Yellowstone commercials. I will not watch. I will not watch.
OM and I are almost done with Breaking Bad. We’re into season 5. Then we will all watch/rewatch Yellowstone and then watch the new season. OM hasn’t watched it, Baby M and I have.

I am so happy that kitty has been adopted and is happy!!! This makes my heart warm and fuzzy.
Old 11-13-2022, 06:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

I live in upstate NY. Today was a lot colder. The max today was only 45. This week is only supposed to be in the 30's. The weather has been so weird. First cold, then in the 70's now cold again. Top that off with it being late fall and everyone who is getting a sniffle or a slight cough is rushing into my place because everyone is still thinking it has to be covid instead of just a cold or flu. RSV is going around too hitting a lot of kids and it can also hit adults so we've been super busy.

On another note, indirectly Taylor related, does anyone watch the Marvel movies? My son & I just came home after watching Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever. You'd really need to watch the first Black Panther to really get this one, but OMG!! What a great movie and what a beautiful tribute to Chadwick!! I'm not going to give anything away unless you've seen it or I know you're not going to watch it.
Old 11-14-2022, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I know a few ppl who have had both the flu and RSV.
OM had RSV as a baby and it was pretty scary. We were quarantined in the hospital for a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbycat (View Post)
I live in upstate NY. Today was a lot colder. The max today was only 45. This week is only supposed to be in the 30's. The weather has been so weird. First cold, then in the 70's now cold again. Top that off with it being late fall and everyone who is getting a sniffle or a slight cough is rushing into my place because everyone is still thinking it has to be covid instead of just a cold or flu. RSV is going around too hitting a lot of kids and it can also hit adults so we've been super busy.

On another note, indirectly Taylor related, does anyone watch the Marvel movies? My son & I just came home after watching Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever. You'd really need to watch the first Black Panther to really get this one, but OMG!! What a great movie and what a beautiful tribute to Chadwick!! I'm not going to give anything away unless you've seen it or I know you're not going to watch it.
We are going this week! We wanted the opening weekend crowd to disperse before we went.
Old 11-14-2022, 01:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
I know a few ppl who have had both the flu and RSV.
OM had RSV as a baby and it was pretty scary. We were quarantined in the hospital for a few days.
Kids usually get over RSV with little issues but they seem so sick and a lot of them are unable to tell the parents what's wrong because they're too young so it's super scary for the parents. Luckily we didn't have any RSV issues with our kids. The worst was my daughter would get strep throat practically every year within 3-4 weeks of school starting when she was in elementary school. My son only had strep throat once and that was in kindergarten. I felt so bad for him but I think he inherited his father's immune system because he really doesn't get sick hardly ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
We are going this week! We wanted the opening weekend crowd to disperse before we went.
You will not be disappointed. We can discuss after you've seen it. We can PM if you want in case others here still want to see it and don't want to read spoilers.

Last edited by Gabbycat; 11-14-2022 at 01:14 PM
Old 11-14-2022, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I watched the end of the Lions/Bears game that went right into the Vikings game and that ending was crazy. I'm still a Kirk Cousins girl so I'm happy to see him doing well.

I'm knocking on wood because I've somehow avoided getting nothing more than a cold at this point recently, but there's some sort of upper respiratory infection going around my office so I'm crossing my fingers that it stays away from me.

The past three days there has been a helicopter circling for like 30 minutes at a time back and forth over my neighborhood. It started Saturday night and then it was out there again this afternoon and someone on Nextdoor said it was happening yesterday a few miles north of me. I have no idea what they're doing, I just know it's a Michigan State Police helicopter according to the nosy neighbors on Nextdoor. I don't know if they're training or running drills or what but it gets irritating after awhile.

We're supposed to get actual accumulating snow tomorrow which is great. I need to find my snow brush.
Old 11-14-2022, 08:09 PM
Passionate Fan

I typed up a whole post last night and forgot to push submit. Ughhhh!!!!

Happy Birthday baby M

Pippa is almost 7 months old & is doing this chewing while we’re in the house. She’s pretty stealthy so if I can’t see or hear her then she’s up to no good. Just the other day she was playing with one of her balls by my chair and when I looked back over at her she was chewing on my Pilates ring. She has plenty of toys including a Kong and an elk antler but she is always nipping me, my clothes or really anything she can get in her mouth. I went out today and bought all the chew bones so she’s been busy trying them out. My husband fixed the plug and covered all of our light cords in the living room (which is where she’s been chewing) and I ordered a bitter spray so hopefully that solves the problem. In the meantime, I’m watching her like a hawk so she doesn’t chew up anything else of mine. Good thing she is cute because she can be handful most days.

My oldest stayed home from school today because her cough was still bad and I also wanted to pump her full of Mucinex. She was using her inhaler a lot this weekend and with PE being her 1st hour I didn’t want to take any chances. I’ve been paranoid that I was going to get what she has and tonight my throat feels a little sore and scratchy. It’s so hard staying healthy when your kids bring home all the cooties.

It’s cold here and tonight we are getting snow flurries. Later in the week, it’s not supposed to get out of the 20’s which makes me just want to stay in bed and hibernate…if only.
Old 11-15-2022, 08:47 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I have done that so many times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4books (View Post)
I typed up a whole post last night and forgot to push submit. Ughhhh!!!!

Happy Birthday baby M
Thank you! He’s living his best life.

So, they kids watched Gremlins for the first time, ever. OM and I made a list of holiday movies, and we quickly realized we needed to start immediately!
She loved it and Baby M did not. She said it’s so awful it’s great. She wants to add it to the yearly Christmas movie rotation. I’m not sure I need to see it every year.

It was 38 this morning when I dropped OM off for classes. This is January weather for us, not November. I like it being cooler, but this is very unusual. Makes me worried for what actual January will bring.

Last edited by SouthernSweetieTX; 11-16-2022 at 10:07 PM
Old 11-15-2022, 06:29 PM
Master Fan

So disappointed with the Eagles' loss. Nothing more to say.

I had a similar experience with a helicopter in my neighborhood once. I just assumed they were looking for like a carjacker or something, which is terrifying.

I hope everyone's kiddos are feeling okay. My latest ailment is heartburn and a constant headache. I had RSV last year over Christmas break. It was terrible.
Old 11-15-2022, 08:25 PM
Passionate Fan

I now have my oldest’s cold…fun times☹️.

I woke up to snow this morning & somehow missed the memo that we were getting any. I’ve been putting off getting the girls new snow boots so today I had to scramble to find some. Target is having a 30% off sale on their boots so I snagged a cute pair for my youngest but still searching for something cute and affordable for the other one.

Gremlins is a cute movie but not something that I watch from start to finish very often. Honestly, I just love watching the gremlins create mischief the rest of the story is blah to me. My kids watched it two years ago and were unimpressed too. My oldest said it was creepy and doesn’t get the appeal. Guess you had to be there when it came out to really appreciate it.

Is anyone watching the new season of White Lotus? If not, it’s just as good as the first season and that’s hard to duplicate when you switch most of the original cast.
Old 11-15-2022, 08:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I loved The Gremlins as a kid. I always wanted to name one of my pets Gizmo, I loved them. Then when Furbys came out I always thought they looked like Gizmo so I was obsessed.

I have not started White Lotus yet but I've heard it's good!

We have about an inch of snow on the grass right now. It was flurrying all day and I think I might be over snow...like I wasn't even pausing to be like, "oh, first real snow fall of the year, so pretty," which I usually do. Not feeling it this year.

I hope you feel better, cold before Thanksgiving is a no. I've felt like I'm fighting something off the past few days but I think it's just the change in weather. I've had a sinus headache that just won't seem to leave me alone.
Old 11-16-2022, 09:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I loved The Gremlins as a kid. I always wanted to name one of my pets Gizmo, I loved them. Then when Furbys came out I always thought they looked like Gizmo so I was obsessed.

I have not started White Lotus yet but I've heard it's good!

We have about an inch of snow on the grass right now. It was flurrying all day and I think I might be over snow...like I wasn't even pausing to be like, "oh, first real snow fall of the year, so pretty," which I usually do. Not feeling it this year.

I hope you feel better, cold before Thanksgiving is a no. I've felt like I'm fighting something off the past few days but I think it's just the change in weather. I've had a sinus headache that just won't seem to leave me alone.
Gremlins was an ok movie. Definitely not one for really young kids, Once they change, they are scary looking.
I've been fighting off something for the last week, thinking it's late fall allergies, but last night I started in with actual cold symptoms so I'm out of work today and even though my at home test was neg, I still have to get officially tested because my place of work is ridiculous.
I haven't watched White Lotus. I have so many other things on my watchlist I'm not sure if or when I'll get to that.
Old 11-16-2022, 10:11 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think part of the appeal of Gremlins for them was I wouldn’t let them watch it when they were younger.

Wakanda Forever. Run, don’t walk. That’s all I’m saying, and y’all know I’m not a comic movie person.

I pick up Thanksgiving groceries tomorrow and it’s go time! I’m ready!!! I have a plan for getting it all done.
Old 11-17-2022, 04:30 AM
New Fan

Hello!

I thought I should probably introduce myself, I feel a bit rude commenting elsewhere without participating here !

I'm Elaine, I'm 38 and live in Wales, UK. I'm Scottish by birth tho. No kids, 2 dogs. I'm a photographer (mainly weddings but life in general), so got intrigued by Taylor when I realised he had a passion for wildlife photography.
Old 11-17-2022, 09:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehmalone (View Post)
Hello!

I thought I should probably introduce myself, I feel a bit rude commenting elsewhere without participating here !

I'm Elaine, I'm 38 and live in Wales, UK. I'm Scottish by birth tho. No kids, 2 dogs. I'm a photographer (mainly weddings but life in general), so got intrigued by Taylor when I realised he had a passion for wildlife photography.
Hi Elaine. I'm Gabby. (Gabriella but ev1 calls me Gabby). Welcome.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread