Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2023, 07:24 PM
Passionate Fan

I will never look at that pain chart again without thinking about Oxy.

The hoard of drug reps they recruited remind of a cult. BTW, Britt is a huge b*tch
Crazy4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 07:24 PM
Master Fan

I forgot about the butt shot!

And why is the mom walking around the house in her undies with her teenage son hanging around?
Old 09-06-2023, 07:29 PM
Passionate Fan

The butt shot was a very pleasant surprise

I was thinking the same thing about her outfit. At least put a robe or something over it.

Shannon is so innocent & has no idea what she’s getting into. Too bad her home life was so bad that she got involved with Purdue pushing drugs onto unsuspecting patients.
Old 09-06-2023, 07:34 PM
Master Fan

Both the girls are so pretty. Britt reminds me of Christine Taylor, and Shannon Reminds me of Julia Garner.

It has a great soundtrack.

Do you think Richard Stackler really knew that people were going to get addicted like they did or do you think he was really trying to find a drug to help with pain, knowing he would make a ton of money because it was an untapped market? I always think the best of people lol.
Old 09-06-2023, 07:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Another disturbing thing about all of this is that doctors were pushing this on patients without a second thought.

I hate Glenn’s doctor and his stupid faux accent, it’s not funny!!

That scene with Taylor on the ground trying to find his pill is hard to watch and also tells you just how addictive it is.

Let’s watch another episode Sunday night.
Old 09-06-2023, 07:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4books (View Post)
Another disturbing thing about all of this is that doctors were pushing this on patients without a second thought.

I hate Glenn’s doctor and his stupid faux accent, it’s not funny!!

That scene with Taylor on the ground trying to find his pill is hard to watch and also tells you just how addictive it is.

Let’s watch another episode Sunday night.
Sunday night is good for me. Hopefully others will join, but if not, it's just you and me! I'm cool with that.
Old 09-06-2023, 07:39 PM
Passionate Fan

I think the Sackler’s knew exactly what they were creating and just how addictive it would be and didn’t care as long as they got rich from it. The creation, marketing and peddling of it all came together to create the perfect ***** storm and by the the time someone figured out what was happening it was too late to stop it.
Old 09-07-2023, 10:06 AM
Master Fan

The doctors role in it all is disturbing. I see one of the top hematologists in the country at Sloan Kettering in NYC, for a blood disorder. He only sees patients once a week because he's researching and teaching the rest of the week. I really like him. Because of the blood clots that I got in the hospital, protocol is to put me on this heavy duty drug. I won't get into the specifics of it all but I don't think I need to be on it. I have good reasons. And I think he agrees with me and just keeps saying.. "Its standard of care... but you have autonomy." I respect that he's not pushing it on me.
Old 09-07-2023, 04:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I hope I can join Sunday night. Sorry, weeknights are becoming increasingly difficult for me to make.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 08:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
The doctors role in it all is disturbing. I see one of the top hematologists in the country at Sloan Kettering in NYC, for a blood disorder. He only sees patients once a week because he's researching and teaching the rest of the week. I really like him. Because of the blood clots that I got in the hospital, protocol is to put me on this heavy duty drug. I won't get into the specifics of it all but I don't think I need to be on it. I have good reasons. And I think he agrees with me and just keeps saying.. "Its standard of care... but you have autonomy." I respect that he's not pushing it on me.
My oldest had dental surgery a few years ago and the surgeon was very against prescribing anything other than OTC for pain management because of addiction issues. He quoted us stats of kids that became addicts after being prescribed narcotics at a young age. At the time, I understood his concern but didn’t really understand the seriousness. After watching Painkiller, I completely get it and am grateful he didn’t push unnecessary pain meds on her.

Good for you for advocating for your health. Not all doctors have the best intentions or your interests in mind when prescribing meds. There is no harm in questioning a doctors choices or decisions and seeking other opinions. If your gut is telling you not to do it then you should absolutely listen to that and make choices you feel comfortable with.
Old 09-08-2023, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I am sooo glad y'all watched! I should be able to join on Sunday!
Old 09-10-2023, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

I will check back in 20 minutes to see if anyone can do a rewatch tonight. Episode 2.
Old 09-10-2023, 06:10 PM
Passionate Fan

I’ll be here at 9:30.
Old 09-10-2023, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

Yay. Just finishing up the last few minutes of an episode of Queen Charlotte and then I will be ready to start.
Old 09-10-2023, 06:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Sounds good, let me know when you’re ready to start.
Reply   Post New Thread