Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2018, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

I've never taken stock in award type things. It's all about who you know and inter politics

One: I do have to say they did a reproduction of Mount Carmel Fentrr very well

Two: after the blasting of those sound effects and flood lights I probably would have just surrendered
Old 12-21-2018, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The set was pretty impressive. The fact that they actually built the structure and filmed a lot of it there made it feel authentic.

I would have left before they stormed the compound the second time. No way would I have hung around.
Old 12-21-2018, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They did an amazing job recreating the set! I really hate that this project was so overlooked.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:53 PM
Elite Fan

I do too it was so lifelike that it almost feel like you were watching real. One of the things I appreciated was that they tried to humanize the people inside and show that they weren't all gun wielding jerks that let David control their entire lives and they actually made me like them.

Part of me really wants to ha e been a fly on the wall during those 5- days then again it was some of the most sad and violent days we've ever seen
Old 12-26-2018, 03:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I really thought Paul Sparks role was overlooked. But I know that Steve Schneider got a lot of flack too because they thought he was much more level-headed and should have saved all the people who were so far gone under David's spell.

The little girl from Waco who is also in Bird Box is the cutest thing ever.

Old 12-27-2018, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

Paul Sparks was amazing as Steve and I don't think people cutting him slack is wrong (not saying that's what you mean)

I truly have to believe Steve was smarter than to swallow all of Davids BS but of course there's a lot we don't know about any of those characters.

Been meaning to watch Birdbox. That's the girl that played Serenity right?
Old 12-27-2018, 03:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think Steve really believed in the seven seals and in turn really believed in David. And like some of the survivors said...what David was telling the Davidians was happening...a lot of it happened. So of course in an amped up situation like that you're going to turn to the word of the person they trust most.

That is the little girl that plays Serenity. She must have filmed it soon after Waco, she looks almost exactly the same.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

You do have a point but a professor of theology falling for that stuff is a stretch. Like I said though we'll never know everything about these people.

While a lot of the stuff he talked about was happening, they couldn't see why? I mean just let child protective services in and look if you truly have nothing to hide. Then there's the whole cache of weapons that the ATF were originally after.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:57 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Waco is going to be airing in the Middle East of all places starting Monday.

Quote:
It’s a role so disturbing that Canadian actor Taylor Kitsch nearly backed out of doing it. ‘Waco’, a retelling of what happened in 1993 when the FBI surrounded a Texas compound that was housing a religious sect led by David Koresh (Kitsch), a man claiming to be their prophet, has arrived in the Middle East at last. As of this month, it airs every Monday on Paramount on OSN. (It’s also available on their streaming service, OSN Play.) The six-part miniseries, which stars Michael Shannon opposite Kitsch as Gary Noesner, the head of the FBI’s Crisis Negotiation Unit, first aired in America last year. Here are six things to know about the wild ride that is ‘Waco’.
https://gulfnews.com/entertainment/w...now-1.61330955
Old 01-26-2019, 09:19 PM
Elite Fan

A few of my friends who were heavily into the whole Waco case didn't even know that this miniseries even existed, it still puzzles me that Waco got zero promotion
Old 01-26-2019, 09:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It needs a second life on Netflix or Hulu.

It starts airing in France as well soon.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:01 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
It needs a second life on Netflix or Hulu.

It starts airing in France as well soon.
Put it on in the US!
Old 01-27-2019, 02:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Unfortunately still not on Netflix over there either. It was presented at some media day day today for the Rue 13 channel (I think, my French fails me).

Old 01-27-2019, 06:02 PM
Loyal Fan

I think it means 13th Street. . .

Still not aired at all here!
Old 01-27-2019, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

Luckily I still have it on DVR and bought the Emmy disc but that's because I've seen it a few times and loved it, I'm sure there are people out there that would enjoy it sndndont evem realize it's out