Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2018, 11:02 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm behind in posts, so I don't know if this has been discussed before.

Harvey Weinstein Assistant Movie: ‘Ozark’ Star Julia Garner In Negotiations To Play Lead

I also caught the final minutes of a Shea Wigham interview on Sirius' Entertainment Weekly channel today. He was on to promote the Julia Roberts series on Amazon Prime, Homecoming. I had no idea he was in it. Anyway, I don't know if Waco came up, since I missed almost all of it.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Between Shea and Julia they're both well represented this awards season. Shea's been nominated for a Golden Globe for Homecoming and Julia has a few nominations for Dirty John and Ozark.

I saw that headline about Julia but for some reason thought she was joining the Fox News movie, not this....that's interesting that it's Harvey Weinstein related. That would be a great part for her though, she's a strong actress.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:12 AM
Addicted Fan

Hours later I just realized I didn't even explain why I mentioned the Shea interview in the first place! I meant to say it's probably on demand if you have Sirius/XM. Also, the host mentioned Take Shelter is one of his all-time favorite movies, and Shea said that he and Michael regularly keep in touch. I didn't realize (or remember) that he and Michael had worked together before. It also further proves Taylor deserves his own "6 degrees of" game now.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

Has anyone watched Homecoming? Same creator as Mr. Robot. Which BTW I finished the first season. MIND BLOWN.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
Has anyone watched Homecoming? Same creator as Mr. Robot. Which BTW I finished the first season. MIND BLOWN.
We haven’t yet. I’ve seen the commercial enough times I feel like I’ve watched it!
Old 12-15-2018, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
Hours later I just realized I didn't even explain why I mentioned the Shea interview in the first place! I meant to say it's probably on demand if you have Sirius/XM. Also, the host mentioned Take Shelter is one of his all-time favorite movies, and Shea said that he and Michael regularly keep in touch. I didn't realize (or remember) that he and Michael had worked together before. It also further proves Taylor deserves his own "6 degrees of" game now.
They were both on Boardwalk too! I think that's where they became close friends. I seem to remember somewhere, maybe it was Shea specifically, mentioning he signed on to Waco because of Michael.

Homecoming on Prime...grr, eventually I'll watch it. Taylor's 17 Bridges co-star is in it and he's getting a lot of buzz as the next big thing with his performance in If Beale Street Could Talk.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I know, right??? RIGHT??! It was so good! Which is why season 2 was a come-down. I mean, it wasn't terrible, it's just not in the same league as that season.

Homecoming is on my watch list. I wish the ads explained what it's actually about though. It's all so cryptic. I love Julia, though.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:27 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Homecoming is right up my alley. I might have to breakdown and join Prime or do the 30 day trial.

I think I need to rewatch Waco. I see Taylor being mentioned as being overlooked for the Globes and a few others. Just comments on blogs and such that they can't believe so and so was nominated and Taylor was overlooked. I think I've already forgotten how good he was.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:24 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Homecoming is right up my alley. I might have to breakdown and join Prime or do the 30 day trial.

I think I need to rewatch Waco. I see Taylor being mentioned as being overlooked for the Globes and a few others. Just comments on blogs and such that they can't believe so and so was nominated and Taylor was overlooked. I think I've already forgotten how good he was.
Nice that ppl are acknowledging he was overlooked. It still sucks he was overlooked though!
Old 12-17-2018, 01:25 AM
Addicted Fan

With a few exceptions, the awards and nominations so far this season seem really scattered and also off the mark.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They do seem a little all over the place. I think the major movie award categories have been relatively similar.

I think most of these Taylor quotes are from other interviews, but this was in a Australia publication.

Quote:
From Tim Riggins to David Koresh... inside the transformation of Taylor Kitsch

“I liked him right from the get-go. … I wanted him to play the part…” When Taylor Kitsch auditioned for Peter Berg’s TV adaptation of Friday Night Lights back in 2005, the director took a shine to the young actor and ended up giving him his breakout role as a high school football player.

The show attracted a small but devoted following and, even though it ended in 2011, the very mention of FNL still elicits from many of its fans the nostalgic response: “Ooh, Tim Riggins...”

Now, Kitsch is playing another kind of character who had a small but devoted following – sect leader David Koresh – in SBS’s new drama series Waco, the story of the 51-day siege of the Branch Davidian compound in 1993.

For those who only know Kitsch as the taciturn Riggins, he might seem an odd choice for the role of the talkative Koresh, but this overview of his career provides some insight into how he made his way from Dillon to Waco.

Prior to FNL, Canadian Kitsch had modelled and played a few small roles, including in 2006 film The Covenant opposite Gossip Girl star Chace Crawford. During his run on FNL, he played Remy LeBeau (aka Gambit) in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and photojournalist Kevin Carter in The Bang Bang Club.

But it was his portrayal of Riggins – a strong, silent type with hidden depths – that made him the face of FNL. When the show ended, Kitsch seemed the actor most likely to make the George Clooney-style transition from small to big screen. Unfortunately, his first few forays into film post FNL turned out to be more Batman & Robin than Ocean’s Eleven.

The American summer of 2012 was supposed to be the summer of Kitsch but both John Carter and Battleship turned out to be major disappointments. Kitsch, however, still had his admirers, one of whom sent him an email offering support after Battleship: “With any job there is always going to be self-doubt that creeps in, but know that you are going to have a long career.”

The email was from legendary director Oliver Stone, who subsequently cast Kitsch in his film Savages as a pot dealer who shared his girlfriend O (Blake Lively) with his business partner and best mate (which was, perhaps, good preparation for the role of the polygamous Koresh). The movie was reasonably well received by critics and did well at the box office, but didn’t exactly reignite Kitsch’s career.

It was, however, an indication that serious directors like Stone were willing to look beyond Kitsch’s “sexy” image and give him meatier roles. Stone was particularly impressed that Kitsch wanted his character, a former Navy Seal, to be covered in scars: Other directors would have been, “No, I want you to look good!” but Stone agreed.

The following year saw him starring in the sweet but little seen Grand Seduction, in which a puckish Brendan Gleeson does all he can to persuade Kitsch’s doctor character to take up residence in a small Newfoundland fishing village.

He then reunited with Berg to play the late Lt Michael P. Murphy in Lone Survivor, receiving some glowing reviews and once again demonstrating that Kitsch, certified personal trainer and nutritionist, was prepared to “do whatever the role asks” of him.

This extended to sporting a very impressive blonde blowout (which took 30 minutes a day in the makeup chair to achieve) for his role in Ryan Murphy’s TV adaptation of The Normal Heart. From playing a gay rights activist in that show, Kitsch went on to play a motorcycle cop in the eagerly awaited but ultimately disappointing second season of True Detective.

hile Kitsch has returned to the big screen – he played a firefighter in 2017’s Only the Brave – in recent times it’s been the small screen that’s offered him the more interesting roles, the latest being that of self-proclaimed messiah Koresh in Waco.

Though there’s no doubt Kitsch is a talented actor, many of his roles haven’t required him to be much more than a) pretty b) shirtless or c) all of the above. Waco provides him with ample opportunities to show off his acting chops, portraying Koresh as the complex individual he clearly was. He’s received plaudits for the role, with one critic describing the character as “creepy… He’s warm and welcoming at times, angry and emotional at others. … there’s still a feeling of unease whenever he enters a room.”

Kitsch does appear shirtless occasionally, but he’s scrawny, rather than muscular, after dropping 30lb (13kg) for the role. He also did his homework, listening to hours of Koresh’s sermons, meeting with survivors of the siege and learning to sing and play guitar to immerse himself in the part.

He also sports a mean mullet, which he has described as a “big part of the character”. Waco co-creator John Erick Dowdle sums it up perfectly: “Taylor’s Canadian. He used to play hockey. He’s born to have a mullet. He can rock it. He makes it look cool.”

If you’ve ever wondered how David Koresh managed to persuade so many people to move into a compound with no running water, listen to his homilies about the Seven Seals and his band play covers of “My Sharona”, check out Taylor Kitsch’s charismatic performance and wonder no more.
https://www.sbs.com.au/guide/article...-taylor-kitsch
Old 12-18-2018, 06:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Taylor named as one of 2018's Best TV Performances.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:41 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

No one can make a mullet look cool. Sorry Taylor, not even you.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Taylor with the mullet...I still would. Which pretty much confirms I always would.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The little girl who played Serenity in Waco is playing Sandra Bullock's daughter in her new Netflix movie Bird Box.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread