Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

yeah, rewatching, I was able to nitpick all the things that bothered me the first time around. Sage was the big one. I could NOT stand her. luckily, I came into this a Lucy Hale fan, and Lucy was playing the good twin. Megan's Peppermint Patty hair. thankfully that only lasted a few minutes. Will. though I still can't figure out WHY... I just disliked him from the start. I'm still going with my Michael Cassidy fangirlism, and it being obvious that he liked Megan so much. the "opening credits." I always thought this is supposed to be a show about the rich [ugh] why do the credits look so cheap? Marco. I love him. I really do. but the whole gay-best-friend thing is so stereotyped. I was just glad he was a chef and not the girls' personal dresser or something.
Ellie
Old 03-21-2010, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, the opening credits are crap - they just shouldn't have had any which is what I said right along. And I totally agree with the weird immediate Will hate because I did really dislike him at first and as I said this episode just reminded me so much why I was originally totalyl and MC fan. I think Will just rubs the wrong way in the opening ep - like he thinks he's entitled or something but then is trying to be this normal guy at the same time and it just doesn't work. And Sage is seriously evil this ep and Laurel just lets her walk all over everyone which is definitely not the way a guardian should act.

Chrissy |
Old 03-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I agree, the opening credits were stupid and pointless, they could have done a helluva lot more than that. I know it was a new show and might have been lacking in the budget and all that, but still, other new shows had better opening credits. The only person in the cast that I am familiar with is Joanna, I hadn't heard of the rest of the cast. I couldn't believe how Laurel behaved, no wonder Sage is a royal bitch, cause she can get away with it!
Old 03-22-2010, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

I only heard of the show because of Michael... then I heard about Lucy and Jo being it it.

but yeah. they would have been better off with a black screen... and a better font. the lalalala drives me nuts the entire time, and it just looks cheap and cheesy being all typed on a computer like that.

however eh the Privileged pilot was though, I didn't go back to Fringe ... so that says which was worse.
Ellie
Old 03-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just tuned into the show because I was at the time watching other stuff on the channel and I was all into giving things a chance.

And yes - everything about the intro is crap, the music, type etc. I kind of get the computer thing because maybe originally they were planning on having Megan do more of the computer stuff - like the notes on Laurel part. But, meh they could have done so much better with just about anything else or maybe none at all and just giving an extra scene per ep. There were a lot of things that I would have liked to have gotten more coverage

Chrissy |
Old 03-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

it got better once Megan got to Florida though. her hair had naturalled out, and Sage didn't start off talking. Rose was obviously painted right off as an airhead, which I don't find totally fair but what can yeh do?
Ellie
Old 03-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, Rose is an airhead Sage is unfriendly... And Rose really isn't stupid so it's annoying that she let herself be so characterized that way.
And yes, Megan had gotten her hair redyed or had just washed it enough times - SO much better looking.

I still say I wish I could live in that house

Chrissy |
Old 03-24-2010, 07:45 AM
Elite Fan

here's my deal with pilot Will: he's the neighbor. figuring the size of the houses and lawns, it's probably a quarter mile from his room to Marco's kitchen. he's not coming next door to see his neighbors. he's coming next door to see his neighbor's cook. the help. okay so he's all nice and accepting of help, treating them like friends (but not his neighbors, really) and not like help. so why isn't he off at his house using his own help?
Ellie
Old 03-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know, isn't that weird. And if he thinks Marco's such a great chef why isn't he try to pay him more in order to have him as his own chef?

Chrissy |
Old 03-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Rich people are wierd, that is very strange that he would just go over there for food, even though Marco looks like he is an amazing cook. I didn't think rich people did that kind of crap though, I thought they would stay close to home and get their own awesome and fancy chef.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Normally, yes they would have their own fancy chef and I would expect that's the case with Will's family. So what's wrong with his own chef?

Chrissy |
Old 03-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Those people are extremely competitive too, I would think they would want to steal Marco away, but Laurel has money to spare to keep him obviously, so I don't think thats a problem.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, but Will's family is also super rich. But I guess we don't really know all of the details

Chrissy |
Old 03-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

True, especially me being I have only seen one ep.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, but your guess is as good as the rest of ours

Chrissy |